Prospect Info: Jake Sanderson (D) PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Sanderson is going to be a guy to watch next yr with anticipation hoping he comes out of school after his yr ends & signs with Ottawa. They could have a few guys looking to make Ottawa next yr with Sanderson, Sokolov & maybe JBD, Greig, Crookshank or Parker Kelly. Should be a very interesting season next yr.

Reactions: Cosmix

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sanderson is going to be a guy to watch next yr with anticipation hoping he comes out of school after his yr ends & signs with Ottawa. They could have a few guys looking to make Ottawa next yr with Sanderson, Sokolov & maybe JBD, Greig, Crookshank or Parker Kelly. Should be a very interesting season next yr.

If Sokolov continues his Stone like trajectory then he should be called up after trade deadline. Sanderson should come over the moment his season ends. Greig will spend full year in WHL. Crookshank, JBD, and Parker Kelly should get no more than few games here and there. Let them simmer and build on their great AHL season-ending run. The year after that, sure--bring in the reinforcements.

Going to be super exciting to watch Sanderson and Kleven for us next year in UND.

Reactions: NB613 and aragorn

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If Sokolov continues his Stone like trajectory then he should be called up after trade deadline. Sanderson should come over the moment his season ends. Greig will spend full year in WHL. Crookshank, JBD, and Parker Kelly should get no more than few games here and there. Let them simmer and build on their great AHL season-ending run. The year after that, sure--bring in the reinforcements.

Going to be super exciting to watch Sanderson and Kleven for us next year in UND.

I think it is likely Sokolov sees some games sooner than the TDL if he continues his trajectory.... He could get 5-15 games and sent back down like Stone and Batherson have along their development.

I can't wait to see what Sokolov works on over the summer. The guy trains hard and appears able to transform himself.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I think it is likely Sokolov sees some games sooner than the TDL if he continues his trajectory.... He could get 5-15 games and sent back down like Stone and Batherson have along their development.

Didnt Stone get recalled after trade deadline? I recall we consistently kept him down there with a deep AHL team.

Tkachuk-Norr-Bath
Stutz-xxxx-Brown
Forms-Pint-Dad
Paul-White-Wats
Bishop/Kells/Soko

We got a pretty full team, unless injuries hit, I would want that team to keep momentum and let Sokolov focus on skating and consistency in AHL. I can see him getting a few games and then extended position after TDL as a reward.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Didnt Stone get recalled after trade deadline? I recall we consistently kept him down there with a strong AHL team.

He played 4 games in 2012, 19 in 2013, before 80+ in 2014. If Soko breaks out a 1.0+ PPG I think the Sens may give him some games before XMAS ? My guess is he struggles a bit and goes back down and maybe returns after the TDL.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I can't wait to see what Sokolov works on over the summer. The guy trains hard and appears able to transform himself.

His work ethic and commitment to getting better reminds me of another big guy (granted, much bigger) drafted around 60 in Chara.

We got a real gem in this guy imo. Was really happy when the sens took him even if I expected him to go mid 3rd round.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
His work ethic and commitment to getting better reminds me of another big guy (granted, much bigger) drafted around 60 in Chara.

We got a real gem in this guy imo. Was really happy when the sens took him even if I expected him to go mid 3rd round.
Agreed,you can see the maturity...With his size and shot ,not too hard to see another sniper coming in him

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You dont need clout its like 100 bucks or something like that.
There website lists the details, you can get a renewal expedited if it's a life or death emergency service or for urgent international travel in 2 to 3 business days, but there are extremely limited spots for appointments. Not sure there is an office in North Dakota that can do expidited passports, he might have to go to Colorado or something.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Sokolov's major problem right now, he is costing most of the time without a puck on his stick. It is not his skating anymore, he is not engaged 100% during his shift.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
There website lists the details, you can get a renewal expedited if it's a life or death emergency service or for urgent international travel in 2 to 3 business days, but there are extremely limited spots for appointments. Not sure there is an office in North Dakota that can do expidited passports, he might have to go to Colorado or something.

That is a little tougher than canada I went to victoria got my photo handed in and picked it up the next day.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Can't wait for Sanderson and Greig to join the team. Both these guys will have a big impact.

This summer we need to target a partner for Chabot.

Chabot (UFA/Trade)
Brannstrom Zub
Mete Zaitsev
Brown JBD

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Sokolov's major problem right now, he is costing most of the time without a puck on his stick. It is not his skating anymore, he is not engaged 100% during his shift.
He isnt ready yet he needs a full AHL season and hopefully a few rounds of playoff hockey

Crookshank

Brandon
Apr 18, 2021
Watching the Florida series I would not be mad if we brought Radko Gudas in. He skates well for a tough RHD.

We would have the 2 top hitters in the league.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Can Sanderson change his mind and sign? Or is he de facto not available at all now?

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
He isnt ready yet he needs a full AHL season and hopefully a few rounds of playoff hockey

I blame the coach. Because the guy really wants to improve his game. But I do not see any hits from such a big body or Stonesque takeaways, covering the lanes and do the proper angle engagement the puck carrier. He is costing without a puck and his defensive game sucks. He has only NHL pace with a puck and he needs to pace himself at NHL speed all the time.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Can Sanderson change his mind and sign? Or is he de facto not available at all now?

Pretty sure he could sign at any point but it basically never happens. He could also just come to our development camp and have the team pay for his hotel and then the NCAA would never let him play hockey in college again. The NCAA is weird.

Reactions: topshelf15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad