Prospect Info: Jake Sanderson (D) PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Anything less than a MVP level season will be disappointing. 5th overall picks don't typically take more than 1 year to get into a NHL game.
Makar, a year older than Sanderson was, went 4th and did the same thing.

Hayton isn’t a regular yet.

Turcotte

Byram wouldn’t have if not for COVID

That’s just the past 3 drafts, Raymond won’t be playing next year out the gate either.

Sanderson will be playing NHL games as a 19 year old next year regardless.

Reactions: Sensators

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
I'm really happy with Sanderson staying one more year. Especially after hearing Stone talk about how staying an extra year in the minors helped his offensive game explode.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Anything less than a MVP level season will be disappointing. 5th overall picks don't typically take more than 1 year to get into a NHL game.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You might want to check your facts and Dorion's history with our 1st round picks.

And using Logan Brown s am example who's tilting on bust territory doesn't count.

Thomson, JBD, Greig, Brown and now Sanderson played or will likely play at least 2 seasons prior to coming to the NHL

Tkachuk and Stützle came straight away (and have been fairly successful doing so)

There's also Bowers who we traded, but I'm not really seeing a pattern of rushing guys here; the two guys who did jump right in were both ready and look great.

You could probably add White and Chabot to the discussion as while drafted by Murray, Dorion was in charge when they were brought into the NHL mix, Chabot seems to have been handled fine, White didn't become a regular till he was 21, and didn't sign until he completed his 2nd college year after getting drafted.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Happy to read that he will probably go back to ND. Can’t hurt getting that extra experience. When Sanderson finally arrives here in about a year it will have such a massive impact. Not just because he is fantastic but also because our core D should be approaching their prime (Chabot/Zub/JBD/Brannstrom) and adding a player of his caliber will really propel this team to another level.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
It was absolutely remarkable to watch Jakes offensive progression this year. I have no doubt that he’s going to absolutely dominate next year in college and world junior and cement himself as the top defensive prospect in hockey. The kid is shaping up to be one of the best all-around defensemen in the game.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's going to be interesting to see what Sanderson can do next season at ND considering the pieces that have now signed to NHL contracts.

I'm sure Sanderson is more familiar with what UND has in the works and what it means for him than we do. As long as they are competetive and he has a chance to influence the outcome of games .. I think that it will work out

Recruits for 202122 so far
University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks2021-22JOHNSON, BrentRDSioux Falls Stampede (USHL)
University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks2021-22COSTANTINI, MatteoCSioux City Musketeers (USHL)
University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks2021-22MORROW, ScottRDShattuck-St. Mary's Sabres Prep (USEPHS)
University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks2021-22JAMES, DylanFOkotoks Oilers (AJHL)
University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks2021-22JOHNSON, KalebGMinnesota Wilderness (NAHL)
University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks2021-22MONTGOMERY, DaneRWWaterloo Black Hawks (USHL)
University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks2021-22SCHMALTZ, JakeLWGreen Bay Gamblers (USHL)
University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks2021-22KUNZ, JacksonCGreen Bay Gamblers (USHL)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Returning players from their 2020/21 roster
Moore LD
Blaisdell F
Budy F
Hain F
Ness F
Albrecht F
Weatherby F
Frisch RD
Gaber F
Senden F
Kleven LD
Jamernik F
Caufield F
Feeney G

Not sure how active they will be with some of the older guys in the transfer protocol;

Last edited:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Thomson, JBD, Greig, Brown and now Sanderson played or will likely play at least 2 seasons prior to coming to the NHL

Tkachuk and Stützle came straight away (and have been fairly successful doing so)

There's also Bowers who we traded, but I'm not really seeing a pattern of rushing guys here; the two guys who did jump right in were both ready and look great.

You could probably add White and Chabot to the discussion as while drafted by Murray, Dorion was in charge when they were brought into the NHL mix, Chabot seems to have been handled fine, White didn't become a regular till he was 21, and didn't sign until he completed his 2nd college year after getting drafted.
Not to mention both Chabot and White spent two seasons in college/Junior hockey before stepping right into a pretty solid team with good mentors like EK and Stone. They became regulars in their Draft + 3 season.

Caufield looked hot last year too and was sent back and really blossomed as an offensive catalyst. I have no qualms with Sanderson going back to physically mature and also hone all aspects and play 25min a game in all situations, plus captain the world's with Kleven by his side

Reactions: NB613

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Agreed, it's going to be quite a challenge for him to lead a deprived squad.

I imagine UND will get some help with new recruits, i think Scott Morrow is a pretty highly regarded D that has committed to UND for next year. Hes1expected to go early in the 2nd round i think.

Reactions: NyQuil

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

That pretty much settles that

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012
Hearing Pierre McGuire talk about the UND facilities as superior to NHL teams and on the level of NFL facilities, I am very glad he's officially going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad