Prospect Info: Jake Sanderson (D) PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Never understood people's remarks on others' appearances. Even Bruce, as much as I dislike his methods, never understood people insulting his weight.

Won't lie though, I lost it when someone compared Don to an orc so I'm a work in process myself.
It's an indictment of someone's character to belittle someone else for their looks or body shape.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He's going to be a reallllllly good one for us, but there's also going to be quite the learning curve. He's not going to walk in here and blow the doors off the place.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
He's going to be a reallllllly good one for us, but there's also going to be quite the learning curve. He's not going to walk in here and blow the doors off the place.
So you’re suggesting he’s not the same quality of prospect that Cale makar, Moritz Seider, Quinn Hughes, Bowen byram, Jamie drysdale or Miro heiskanen is? Because all of them had a pretty seamless transition.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So you’re suggesting he’s not the same quality of prospect that Cale makar, Moritz Seider, Quinn Hughes, Bowen byram, Jamie drysdale or Miro heiskanen is? Because all of them had a pretty seamless transition.

He's more of a defensive defenseman, with some offensive potential. And yes, there will be hiccups, because there always is with the defensive guys while they get their NHL bearings. We have to be aware of that and be ok with that, otherwise some impatient folks will cause problems with the kid. Last thing we need are fans turning on a kid because he doesn't dominate on the blueline right away.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We've drafted a lot of "two way defencemen" like Cody Ceci and Jared Cowen who simply weren't able to impose their offensive skills at the NHL level.

I've been impressed so far but we shall see.

I suspect he'll be told to focus on his gap control and defence at first.

Reactions: Cosmix

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I agree. Yet, I seem to be the only person I know who's on Will Smith's side for The Slap.
So your answer to a joke is to physically attack someone?

Can't get started at this but Will Smith was out of line and clearly has serious issues. He slapped a small, 58 (?) year old man over a nothing comment so hard to imagine how you are on his side.

BradyTkachucky

Jul 31, 2005
Ottawa
So your answer to a joke is to physically attack someone?

Can't get started at this but Will Smith was out of line and clearly has serious issues. He slapped a small, 58 (?) year old man over a nothing comment so hard to imagine how you are on his side.
Right? What if it was Dwayne Johnson up there making the same joke, would Will have done the same?

Reactions: OD99

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Quite interested on who his RD will be. Zub would really stabilize him, especially if he’s playing top minutes and power play 2.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Quite interested on who his RD will be. Zub would really stabilize him, especially if he’s playing top minutes and power play 2.
He will have to prove himself but IMO he walks in and handles 2nd pair minutes and doesn't look out of place so in that case I think they would HAVE to put Zub with him.

Chabot would be better with Zub but Hamonic could work for a while. Chabby survived with Z for a long time so any improvement on that is a win.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Lol, I thought you called him Rodriguez, ya I’m sure all the posters on here have heard of some stupid mouse.
You make it sound like the mouse is as popular as Gretzky.
Did the picture get added in after all this discussion or something? Seemed pretty straightforward when I looked at it.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I had a dream about the Sens winning the cup and Jake Sanderson was holding Lord Stanley's mug in the air next to Pinto, Tkachuk and Claude Giroux?!?!

Reactions: guyzeur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad