Jake Muzzin & Trevor Moore activated of the IR

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Good to see Muzzin back. He was really good for us this year until the injuries hit him
I wonder if this means that Martin Marincin will be placed on waivers and sent to the AHL? I know that the next game Rasmus Sandin plays will be his 10th and that starts the clock on his ELC, however I think he's earned the chance to stay in the lineup and has looked better than Marincin.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Has there been any word on Mikheyev? Last I heard, the diagnosis was minimum 3 months, so in theory, he could make it back for the playoffs!!
He was going to be re-evaluated after 3 months, which basically means “it’ll be 3 months before we can set a timeline.” So I think there’s a chance he makes it back for the playoffs, but more likely not until next year.

Getting Muzzin back is huge though! The LDs are supposed to be carrying their RD partners for us, but going from Rielly/Muzzin/Dermott to Dermott/Marincin/Sandin was obviously a massive downgrade. It’s still going to be tough without Rielly, but Muzzin is a huge add. Also the hardest hitting, grittiest player on the roster by far.

Since Muzzin went down we’re at 4 wins, 6 losses, and have been getting mostly lit up defensively. Obviously that’s not all Muzzin, but he’s a big part of our defence and toughness, hope his return helps get us back on track.

Last edited:

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
He was going to be re-evaluated after 3 months, which basically means “it’ll be 3 months before we can set a timeline.” So I think there’s a chance he makes it back for the playoffs, but more likely not until next year.

They said they'd re-evaluate Marner in 4 weeks (or whatever it was)... 4 weeks after he got hurt, Marner was already playing...

You could be right, but I wouldn't over-think the wording.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Moore and Johnsson have been shells of their quality play last year, lets hope this IR for Moore has helped him find his game. Strange how players can loose their game over a summer. I think AJ's problem is he tries too hard and that puts him out of position. Moore, this year looks like me on skates, slow, a step behind.

Reactions: LeafsRus

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
They said they'd re-evaluate Marner in 4 weeks (or whatever it was)... 4 weeks after he got hurt, Marner was already playing...

I remember them saying Marner was going to be out a minimum of 4 weeks, which is completely different wording compared to Mikheyev since they said he would be re-evaluted in 3 months.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver

Yeah true. I guess the best we can say right now is that it’s uncertain whether Mikheyev will play again this year.

Reactions: MyBudJT

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I was still correct when they said Marner would be out a minimum of 4 weeks and that turned out to be true.

You specifically claimed that they didn't say that Marner would be re-assessed in 4 weeks, and that it was completely different wording than Mikheyev's injury...

And it didn't turn out to be true... Marner was back in less than 4 weeks... which is why I mentioned that Mikheyev COULD be back for the playoffs.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Moore and Johnsson have been shells of their quality play last year, lets hope this IR for Moore has helped him find his game. Strange how players can loose their game over a summer. I think AJ's problem is he tries too hard and that puts him out of position. Moore, this year looks like me on skates, slow, a step behind.
Let's hope Moore gets his jump back. We really missed it. Who knows with concussions all you can do is hope for the best. He played 2 Marlie games and no symptoms so that is good news.
AJ is skating and working hard. I mean Big Save Dave made one on him that I could not believe my eyes was not a goal. I got up to cheer and had to sit back down. He is not getting any luck at all.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Let's hope Moore gets his jump back. We really missed it. Who knows with concussions all you can do is hope for the best. He played 2 Marlie games and no symptoms so that is good news.
AJ is skating and working hard. I mean Big Save Dave made one on him that I could not believe my eyes was not a goal. I got up to cheer and had to sit back down. He is not getting any luck at all.

They both looked quick last night, I'm surprised how different Moore looked last night vs the previous games he played, fast, engaged, going into the dirty areas, he looked a little shaky handling the puck but that is to be expected after a long layoff. AJ looks like that water bug again.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
They won't be missed, tbh.

I would agree, the thought of letting Barrie walk for nothing, bothers me. We could easily turn him into a first rounder ++, but for some reason Dubas thinks this team will make a run and wants to keep him. Dubas has got to be thinking long term with this team. This years version of the Leafs has shown nothing to me to suggest they could win a round, let alone win 4 rounds.

If Muzzin and Barrie don't sign before the TDL, trade them, both are worth at least a 1st rounder, probably more. If Cecci wants to stay I'd offer a deep discount to what he is currently making, he is useful in a 5/6 role, if he wont sign, trade him for a bag of used hammers.

JVR, Gardiner and Bozak could have all got us at least a 2nd rounder, probably a 1st and we let them walk for nothing. We traded Polok and Spailing for (2) 2nd's , JVR, Gardiner, Bozak had to be worth more. What would (3) 1st rounders from JVR, Bozak, Gardiner plus 1st rounders for Muzzin, Barrie look like in our system, 5 extra 1st rounders, in anyone's development system is a positive.

If the thought behind keeping expiring assets is "You never know what could happen in the playoffs.", well then you do know, you are hoping on a string of good luck to win the cup, that is not a good reason to let 2 quality assets walk for nothing. "Good luck" should never be part of your asset management plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad