Injury Report: Jake Muzzin - broken hand - out ~4 weeks

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
That's not depth. That's wishful thinking and hope. Depth is guys like Ron Hainsey and the dozens like him with NHL experience available for late picks or secondary prospects.
Everyone complains about him trading picks and prospects though. Most here seem they wanted Barrie moved for picks, now you wanted us to give up picks for depth? You aren't getting an effective defenseman for anything lower than a 3rd

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Leafs still need to obtain depth D men for next season so trading for one now to get them through the next 18 games and then be signed for 2020-2021 wouldn't be a bad move.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Someone like hainsey could be had cheap

he's playing 20 mins a night for ottawa, why would ottawa trade him to us cheap? and would he want to come as an injury replacement and possibly press boxed once all the dmen come back? (assuming he has a NTC)

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
Yup, so true. Expect many more posts like this one right below yours:

:laugh::laugh:

Dubass ... p*ssy ... moron ... Dubass ... I've seen many posts like this, why do I get the feeling that Dubas haters are somewhat juvenile as a whole?

Image Dubas made a trade for a guy that wouldn't even play unless we had an injury.

I'm sure the fanbase would "love" that trade.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
There it is. Dubas was just criticized for not trading Barrie for whatever he could get, now he's criticized for not being a buyer. The reality is no team has spare top pairing defensemen lying around just in case of injury
You telling me if other teams lose their top 3 defensemen, they DON'T have another set of 3 quality, NHL-ready defensemen waiting in the pressbox? I don't believe it! Fire Dubas!

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
he's playing 20 mins a night for ottawa, why would ottawa trade him to us cheap? and would he want to come as an injury replacement and possibly press boxed once all the dmen come back? (assuming he has a NTC)

Cuz Ottawa has nothing to play for and are loading up on picks? But someone like him, not necessarily him

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Yucky timing, as if there’s ever a good time.

Well. Free Lili, gets the kids a chance to step up in the pressure cooker.

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
Leafs still need to obtain depth D men for next season so trading for one now to get them through the next 18 games and then be signed for 2020-2021 wouldn't be a bad move.
We had depth though, we have 3 of our regular defenseman out long term. That is terrible luck that would have required us to move assets to replace effectively. I don't think many were going to accept that with the way this season is going. Have to close our eyes and hope we find a way now

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Cuz Ottawa has nothing to play for and are loading up on picks? But someone like him, not necessarily him

eh it wouldnt do much, at some point you cant backfill for 3 Dmen being out 2 of which are your best 2 dmen and Ceci was playing pretty decent mins too. 1 guy jsut in case would cover one of those guys

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
We had depth though, we have 3 of our regular defenseman out long term. That is terrible luck that would have required us to move assets to replace effectively. I don't think many were going to accept that with the way this season is going. Have to close our eyes and hope we find a way now
But Ceci and Barrie are gone next season. We should easily be able to find a replacement for Ceci at half the cost. Especially if they acquire one now. If we make the playoffs Rielly,Muzzin and Ceci will all be back so whomever we got not being able to play in the post season wouldn't be that big of a deal

Reactions: LeafsRus

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You telling me if other teams lose their top 3 defensemen, they DON'T have another set of 3 quality, NHL-ready defensemen waiting in the pressbox? I don't believe it! Fire Dubas!
No that's silly. Not sure why such extremes need to be trotted out.
A vet, Hainsey for example, could step in short term and play up the line up. At the very least PK and keep a Marincin from being relied on.

This isn't new thinking, Playoff teams make these moves at the deadline.
Was depth not an issue last year with Dermott and Gardiner hurt?

Reactions: francis246

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I think Hainsey has more value for experience and to fill a roster than a pick or prospect at this point. They have a ton.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
No that's silly. Not sure why such extremes need to be trotted out.
A vet, Hainsey for example, could step in short term and play up the line up. At the very least PK and keep a Marincin from being relied on.

This isn't new thinking, Playoff teams make these moves at the deadline.
Was depth not an issue last year with Dermott and Gardiner hurt?
I believe Hainsey doesn't want to switch teams. He wants to play out his contract in Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad