Injury Report: Jake Muzzin - broken hand - out ~4 weeks

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
That's why you need depth. I would have liked to bring in a depth D-man like Pateryn at the deadline. Relying on Sandin, Barrie, Liljegren, Dermott is asking too much especially at this time of the year.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Did you watch the 3rd period last night? It is WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to big an ask. It is completely irresponsible. We got some CAP room in season to help out. Even a couple 700K vet guys in minors with other teams would help. When Rielly and Muzzy back then they can play back on Marlies.

Too big of an ask? It's hockey. You play the players you have and hope they can rise up. Rielly and Ceci will be back in about 2 or so weeks, maybe 3.

You don't start making panic moves, after the trade deadline of all times, when you have really good young players at your disposal. People are talking like Sandin and Liljegren can't rise up and play effective minutes here.

It'll be a tough couple weeks but let's step down the ledge here.

Reactions: Jeypic and draeko17

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
this is why you make at least 1 depth move at the trade deadline in case of injury. the question is if calle rosen is good enough

better Than marincin, you can’t cover 3 dman injuries with depth trades at the deadline you have to whether the storm. Supposedly rielly and ceci should be back end of March no idea how likely that is but that’s what the talking heads have been saying. We could get rielly, ceci and muzzin back all at the same time. Imagine we threw picks away on cover for them only to waive them later

Reactions: danron1376

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Make a couple trades pronto. Like now. 4 weeks of the kiddie core is too long. No one can expect the kiddie core to hold up for 1 month. God d*mn it. This really p*sses me off. Any one else but Muzzy and we stand a chance.

no team loses their best 2 dmen + another dman who was playing reasonable mins and trades in new players to cover all 3, you know that though

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Too big of an ask? It's hockey. You play the players you have and hope they can rise up. Rielly and Ceci will be back in about 2 or so weeks.

You don't start making panic moves, after the trade deadline of all times, when you have really good young players at your disposal. People are talking like Sandin and Liljegren can't rise up and play effectiveness minutes here.

It'll be a tough couple weeks but let's step down the ledge here.
Some people accept excuses for defeat and others do what it takes to stay alive to fight another day. I guess we will see where Dubie falls soon.

Reactions: LeafsRus

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
That's why you need depth. I would have liked to bring in a depth D-man like Pateryn at the deadline. Relying on Sandin, Barrie, Liljegren, Dermott is asking too much especially at this time of the year.
They did trade for a depth defenseman. The problem is depth players can't replace top pairing defensemen

Reactions: Walshy7

Shooter14

57 years now and still hoping.
Feb 5, 2018
Time to revisit hockey gloves being to short on length and to loose on fit. Seems to me the hockey gloves worn today are not fully protective like previous years. The gloves today gives the players better hand flexibility but less protection. Mikheyev and now Muzzin. The goalie gloves are fully protective. I cant recall a goalie with a broken hand. There fully protective.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Dermott - Holl
Sandin - Lilj
Rosen - Barrie

Is what is go with. Pairings in a blender when needed

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Let's see if we can miss the playoffs with the worst defence in the league. Smart move, Kyle.
I hate Kyle dubas as much as the next guy but wtf can he do about these injuries?

I was livid when we didnt sell Barrie but if we are going for it for the playoffs atleast we still have a top 4 experienced defender now. Muzzin is such a huge impact player but he is getting injured a lot this year. Hope he can find health next year and through his deal.

Dermott-Holl
Sandin-Barrie
Rosen-lilijgren

Will need to hold down the fort until rielly is hack in 2-3 weeks.

We need to see an islander like defense emerge. Need defense by committee can not rely on any of those 6 guys right now to do it all themselves.

Reactions: willmma

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
no team loses their best 2 dmen + another dman who was playing reasonable mins and trades in new players to cover all 3, you know that though
I do but add a vet minor leaguer who can help out for a month and try to live to fight another day ... although I feel like it is over now unless Rielly can get back in a week ... it is too big an ask. Freddy has to play at superstar level and our forwards need to bank 5 every night.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Make a couple trades pronto. Like now. 4 weeks of the kiddie core is too long. No one can expect the kiddie core to hold up for 1 month. God d*mn it. This really p*sses me off. Any one else but Muzzy and we stand a chance.
the deadline has passed

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Can still make moves they just wouldn't be eligible for playoffs

I know but are we really thinking about trading for a player that can't play in the playoffs? I assumed that was silly enough that we wouldn't consider it.

Unless we're talking about a scrub #7 type, then I guess sure...but we have guys like that.

Reactions: Jeypic

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I guess even the most die hard supporters don't dare suggest that Tyson Barrie be asked to step up defensively or that Keefe would be able to adjust the strategy to one that our forwards could play to provide maximum support for the depleted D core?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad