Injury Report: Jake Muzzin - broken foot || UPD 01/23 : Conditioning stint with Marlies.

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
When did this happen? A lot of us have suspected that he'd been playing hurt for a while but it seemed to be a hip problem. Did this happen last night? Because I recall that he finished the game.
looks like its from the block shot early in the game but he played though it but i read he was limping badly post game

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Muzzy played 2 periods on a broken foot ha. Wouldn’t take his skate off during second intermission;). Warrior!

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Huh cant believe he brook it on December 27th. I dont know why but I thought he got injured like the last week. For some reason thought he was playing the islanders game and got injured in that. It's been 2+ weeks so he should hopefully be back in another 10 days or so.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Muzzin, Marner, Tavares, Johnsson, Hyman, Dermott, Mikheyev, Kerfoot and Moore have all missed significant time this year, and we’re still doing pretty well! Definitely a sign of a deep roster. IMO Muzzin can take his time recovering - he’s obviously WAY better than Marincin, and we do lack toughness without him, but the team is strong enough to keep winning even with him (and others) out.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
We should rest Rielly because he has been straight junk
Send him to the pressbox
Drink some pina colada
When he comes back we may see glimpses of the past
He hasn't been as bad in the last couple games, but he's still not 100%. If we open up some breathing room from Florida, I'd definitely rest him... assuming doctors think it would help.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
So with Muzzin being placed on LTIR what does this mean for his possible return date and our cap situation? Is LTIR retroactive from when he was hurt initially? Do the Leafs save any money towards the cap during that time?

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
So with Muzzin being placed on LTIR what does this mean for his possible return date and our cap situation? Is LTIR retroactive from when he was hurt initially? Do the Leafs save any money towards the cap during that time?

I think around January 20th. he could come off LTIR, but his cap hit is 4 and they have 1.9.

So Brooks, Marchment and Marincin to the Marlies?

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I think around January 20th. he could come off LTIR, but his cap hit is 4 and they have 1.9.

So Brooks, Marchment and Marincin to the Marlies?

Sounds about right as to whom would be sent to Marlies. My hope is Ceci and Johnsson are traded as part of a package to upgrade on Ceci on backend. That upgrade and Muzzin back would do wonders for the Leafs. At the same time it would allow breaking up Reilly and Barrie pairing. Reilly needs a true partner with Barrie playing with Muzzin.

Reilly-New Parnter
Muzzin-Barrie
Dermott-Holl

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Sounds about right as to whom would be sent to Marlies. My hope is Ceci and Johnsson are traded as part of a package to upgrade on Ceci on backend. That upgrade and Muzzin back would do wonders for the Leafs. At the same time it would allow breaking up Reilly and Barrie pairing. Reilly needs a true partner with Barrie playing with Muzzin.

Reilly-New Parnter
Muzzin-Barrie
Dermott-Holl
Ceci has negative value so i doubt packaging Johnson with him gets us an upgrade on him .

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
With Muzzy out we have no veteran defensive presence on the backend. Holl is our next best but he is only a #5 (maybe a #4). We can all see with Muzzy out we have no real defensive defenseman. I expect we are in deep do do until he is back in our lineup unless we can win a 6-5 game which is very possible given our SOFT schedule.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Ceci has negative value so i doubt packaging Johnson with him gets us an upgrade on him .

I won't debate your position, but if someone wants a medium length asset at a reasonable cap hit in Johnsson and are not planning on any playoffs this year, to facilitate the deal Ceci isn't going to be a difficulty.

Tank teams still have to ice a line-up, and Ceci can play 20 minutes a night, and for tank teams he isn't a threat to hurt their draft position, although Johnsson might be.

I see Johnsson as a complementary player, but he can produce offensively, scored 20 last year.

Honestly, I don't think Ceci is as bad as some want him to be, but I don't see anyone on the defense as good as some think they are.

Reactions: Nithoniniel

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I won't debate your position, but if someone wants a medium length asset at a reasonable cap hit in Johnsson and are not planning on any playoffs this year, to facilitate the deal Ceci isn't going to be a difficulty.

Tank teams still have to ice a line-up, and Ceci can play 20 minutes a night, and for tank teams he isn't a threat to hurt their draft position, although Johnsson might be.

I see Johnsson as a complementary player, but he can produce offensively, scored 20 last year.

Honestly, I don't think Ceci is as bad as some want him to be, but I don't see anyone on the defense as good as some think they are.
imo Ceci is a solid bottom pair D who's grossly overpaid , he's a pending ufa so his salary isn't much of an issue but my point was why would a team give up a top 4 D for Johnson with him attached , hell why would a team give up a top 4 D for a small complimentary winger like Johnson alone ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad