Injury Report: Jake Muzzin - broken foot || UPD 01/23 : Conditioning stint with Marlies.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
By sending Muzzin to the Marlies on a conditioning stint, is he still considered on the LTIR until he is back with the Leafs?

Just wondering.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Dubas is cold as ice.

No golf at Augusta for Muzzin ;)
Outside of Freddy who else went to play Augusta this week? I think Freddy needs to work on his putting before attempting Augusta. Matty went home to see his mom and dad. JT stayed in High Park to rest up. Must have been Mitch.

Reactions: Diver3368

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Outside of Freddy who else went to play Augusta this week? I think Freddy needs to work on his putting before attempting Augusta. Matty went home to see his mom and dad. JT stayed in High Park to rest up. Must have been Mitch.
Think I read Nylander and Kapanen were also going.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

Thanks. This is my ultimate dream to get in a round at Augusta. I have tried on my own which was a complete waste of time. I also tried through a social member I know down in Florida but only golf members can bring guests on restricted days. I am hoping my name gets picked for the volunteer week at the tournament as I have been on the list now for over 5 years. Then you get 1 round.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Dubas is cold as ice.

No golf at Augusta for Muzzin ;)

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Dubas gave up 3 years of Kadri at a great price for a chance at the cup with a rental and a 3rd liner.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
By sending Muzzin to the Marlies on a conditioning stint, is he still considered on the LTIR until he is back with the Leafs?

Just wondering.
I think not. Did Lou put Zaitsev back to LTIR after Zaitsev's conditioning loan because of the leafs roster issue?

Anyway, will he play the away games? :huh:

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Desperate times call for desperate measures. Dubas gave up 3 years of Kadri at a great price for a chance at the cup with a rental and a 3rd liner.

what line do you think kadri would play on here?
I think sometimes 2nd under Keefe. Imagine a Tavares-Matthews-Nyalnder scoring line and then Hyman-Kadri-Marner?

I like Dubas and hope he can learn from that trade.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I think sometimes 2nd under Keefe. Imagine a Tavares-Matthews-Nyalnder scoring line and then Hyman-Kadri-Marner?

Yup Kadri could center the 3rd line and get PP time then could shift over to the wing in the 3rd period or after penalty kills.

It drove me nuts that Babs would never load up. Imagine if in the 3rd period he just rolled out

Hyman Matthews Marner
Kadri Tavares Nylander

shift after shift

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline

Imagine a d-core of:

Dermott - Holl
Marincin - Ceci
Liljegren - Sandin

I know he hasnt been as good as we hoped, but having Barrie is better than our alternative options.... Especially since we are without Rielly and Muzzin.

Without Barrie our defense as of now is: our #5/7 dmen last year as our top pair, 2 guys without any NHL experience, and 2 guys with more NHL experience than their skillsets deserve.

He isnt going to be getting his payday from us and we should probably kove on from Barrie, but he gives us another top 4 dman in a year where our defense will be the weakest (while Sandin/Liljegren transition).

Edit: Options were limited due to capspace and Kadris partial NTC.... He might not have ended up winning the trade, but we needed another Dman and we only had a few to choose from.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto

Love kadri but he doesn’t help us in the press box. Kerfoots a good player and barrie is showing his true self since keefe.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Imagine a d-core of:

Dermott - Holl
Marincin - Ceci
Liljegren - Sandin

I know he hasnt been as good as we hoped, but having Barrie is better than our alternative options.... Especially since we are without Rielly and Muzzin.

Without Barrie our defense as of now is: our #5/7 dmen last year as our top pair, 2 guys without any NHL experience, and 2 guys with more NHL experience than their skillsets deserve.

He isnt going to be getting his payday from us and we should probably kove on from Barrie, but he gives us another top 4 dman in a year where our defense will be the weakest (while Sandin/Liljegren transition).

Edit: Options were limited due to capspace and Kadris partial NTC.... He might not have ended up winning the trade, but we needed another Dman and we only had a few to choose from.

I would have tried to move AJ instead for a D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad