Rumor: Jake Gardiner's name 'in play'

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Nick Kypreos reports that Jake Gardiner's name is 'in play' as we head into the trade deadline. I think it would be a terrible idea to trade him, he's young enough to stick around throughout the rebuild, he's been very good this season and is signed to a great long term deal.

PS: Not sure if the mods want to limit this to the trades & proposals thread, I thought this rumour was big enough to have its own thread.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
meh I think he's always available but I don't think they're shopping him in any way.

he's been good this year and looks a lot more poised with the puck not making mental mistakes like he was in previous years.

he's a good 2nd pairing DMan signed to a solid contract and has premier skating ability for a DMan can't see Leafs trying to get rid of him unless the price is good.

think this is Kypreos trying to drum something up this isn't Nonis anymore.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I mean, it's not impossible, but I assume it'll require quite the return. Not many names won't be off the trading list.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Terrible news. He is one of the best possession players in the league. Our defence would be a mess without him. He's better than Rielly in every way. Given how much Babcock relies on PMD, it'd also be surprising. Hopefully just a brain damaged Kipper being himself.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Maybe Dallas has been scouting him?

Any player can be dealt it just depends on the deal.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Terrible news. He is one of the best possession players in the league. Our defence would be a mess without him. He's better than Rielly in every way. Given how much Babcock relies on PMD, it'd also be surprising. Hopefully just a brain damaged Kipper being himself.

Except Rielly has better vision, better breakout and top end speed, a better wrist shot and Rielly QB's the PP much better and Rielly is outscoring Gardiner with no PP time compared to Gardiner's ample PP time (in relative comparison).

OT: Not sure if I buy it, because if that's the case, Kadri will likely get moved before signed as well. Gardiner and Kadri have been two of our best players this season and especially since Babcock took over. If one is up for grabs, then any of them are except for Rielly.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I'm not a fan so if the return is good, have at er

He's just too damn soft and not smart enough to make up for it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Except Rielly has better vision, better breakout and top end speed, a better wrist shot and Rielly QB's the PP much better and Rielly is outscoring Gardiner with no PP time compared to Gardiner's ample PP time (in relative comparison).

OT: Not sure if I buy it, because if that's the case, Kadri will likely get moved before signed as well. Gardiner and Kadri have been two of our best players this season and especially since Babcock took over. If one is up for grabs, then any of them are except for Rielly.

:laugh: I'm sure they were being sarcastic.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
This is the highest his value has ever been.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading Gardiner right now, as long as we get something really shiny in return.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
gardiner is a great puck mover, but I don't see a winner. Physically he's still built like a teenager, little to know grit, loses a lot of puck battles... And seem to lack that winning desire.

I'd gladly see him traded for someone hunter and co like.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Don't care.
if it happens - it means Jake didn't fit in their long term plans and they are getting someone who does, who will be equally as controllable

if it doesn't, it doesn't

i just want SOMETHING to freaking happen. im bored.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00