Jake Gardiner tops first grouping of HF's Top 50 NHL prospects

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
His 8.0C rating was already a top-60ish rating last year while he was a duck.

With his breakout year this year combined with all the prospects graduating around the league, I think it's safe to say he'd be on this list this year even if he was a duck.

the ratings don't seem to mean too much on these rankings, there was an 8.0C in the top 10 last year, and obviously some that were not in the Top 50. There were plenty of 7.0C, 7.5C's on last years list ahead of Gardiner.

Its possible, maybe even probable he'd be on there as a Duck, but using the Tangradi-Principle I really dont think he would be.

Andrew Knoll

Jun 20, 2007
Los Angeles
thehockeywriters.com
You basically just confirmed that if a team already has two guys in the top 50, they won't get a third.

If that is true, then this simply isn't a pure top 50 prospect list.

That is not accurate, it would be very difficult for a team to put more than five players on the list but it is hardly inconceivable to have three. There are teams with three on this very list.

Also, a quick follow-up on Reimer, he was part of a pretty strong push up the organizational depth rankings for Toronto, he's not being overlooked. Really I have not yet run into one suggestion that wasn't considered in the top 50s, which is encouraging. The list may not be perfect (I'd consider that impossible given its scope) but having read through all the comments now I feel like everyone at least got a fair shot at being ranked and ranked appropriately.

Thanks for all the feedback, folks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad