Jake Gardiner tops first grouping of HF's Top 50 NHL prospects

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
I loved Gardiner. Sad to see him go and think he will turn into a great player however it seems to me he's on the Tangradi program. Gets no recognition in the Ducks organization then as soon as they are traded they are legitimate sure fire prospects! lol Not saying they aren't but just more so the lack of respect the writers show towards Anaheim's prospects.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You should be more upset about the player at #48 than Gardiner.

McDonagh should be way higher than he is now, anyway. He's been an absolute rock at the NHL level. Something very few of the players on this list will be able to say this year.

Gardiner is just a great player to pick on since they played on the same team. He was outclassed at every level, really, by McDonagh.

He should probably be ahead of most, if not all, of these guys from 41 on back.

KristoLeblanc*

Who's upside is that of a solid top 4 guy.

Something McDonagh already is. In his rookie year.

There is no reason for some of these guys to be ahead of McDonagh.

You are acting like Mcdonagh was a beast in the NCAA.

Gardiner's in the NCAA was a more dominant player than Ryan. There is a reason why the Habs traded him, he made progress, but at times his head coach in the NCAA was saying he was playing quite bad for a 2nd year player and 3rd yar player.

McDonagh is playing a safe game but Gardiner's upside is way better than McDo.

And we all know I don't like the Leafs, but Gardiner's skills are on another level dude. Stop being a homer.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
You are acting like Mcdonagh was a beast in the NCAA.

Gardiner's in the NCAA was a more dominant player than Ryan. There is a reason why the Habs traded him, he made progress, but at times his head coach in the NCAA was saying he was playing quite bad for a 2nd year player and 3rd yar player.

McDonagh is playing a safe game but Gardiner's upside is way better than McDo.

And we all know I don't like the Leafs, but Gardiner's skills are on another level dude. Stop being a homer.

Thank you.

And to everyone complaining, im assuming that these rankings are based on potential. Its hard to argue that McDonagh has more potential than Gardiner, but McDonagh is the much safer pick between the two.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
^ Meh I'd still rather have McDonagh than Gardiner just because he's playing in the NHL atm and he's playing well with offensive upside.

Lol I would rather have the guy at #48 (Elliot) than either, I thought he'd be in the top 25....not everyday that a guy puts up those kinds of numbers and can play decent in his own end. Actually, I'd rather have the forward over the dmen in most cases so I'd take Toffoli from that group.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
By that argument, Would you have Gomez over Crosby? Because after all he's playing in the NHL right now, and Crosby is still out.

Mar 14, 2011
McDonagh should be way higher than he is now, anyway. He's been an absolute rock at the NHL level. Something very few of the players on this list will be able to say this year.

Gardiner is just a great player to pick on since they played on the same team. He was outclassed at every level, really, by McDonagh.

He should probably be ahead of most, if not all, of these guys from 41 on back.

Dont be a homer bro, Mcdonagh had 18 points in 43 games in his third year in NCAA while Gardiner had 41 points in 41 games in his third year.
Nothing against Ryan mcdonagh he is a pretty good prospect but give credit were credit is due (in your case Gardiner)

Bill_Crosby*

I rather have Cogliano over Ryan Nugent-Hopkins because he plays in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad