Prospect Info: Jake Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Yeah he looks pretty weak now though. Aspirot is 3 years younger!? :laugh:

Who cares if he is younger? I'm 24 and I know 21 year olds stronger then me lol. Aspirot is a big kid and has landed some pretty solid hits in the Q. It was just bad luck for Evans that he fell the way he did.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
If that was a Hab prospect who laid down the law like that last night, we would be high-fiving each other and bragging about having a prospect with balls. Unfortunately we are used to Sens players laying Montreal players out on the ice, its an accepted outcome by this panty waisted organization to accept your players getting KTFO. The team modo is 'keep the stretcher handy and the Dr David Mulder close'.

A lot of that is true, sadly.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Size is not everything. Lindros wasn't keeping his head up and we know how that ended.
He was also hit by Scott Stevens of all people. I saw the hit. It was more of a blind side hit screened by another player. In any case Scott Stevens was probably the best defenseman I have seen live. Just my opinion.

It also did not happen during a friendly rookie tournament...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Evans back on the ice practicing with the Laval Rocket players. :thumbu:

Who's the top center in Laval this year? Froese? How to you rank the centers.... Froese, Evans, Audette, Chaput, Pezzetta, Verbeek, Alain, Vejdemo, McCarron, Shinkaruk. Am I missing any?

Interested to see where Evans plays in the line-up

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Who's the top center in Laval this year? Froese? How to you rank the centers.... Froese, Evans, Audette, Chaput, Pezzetta, Verbeek, Alain, Vejdemo, McCarron, Shinkaruk. Am I missing any?

Interested to see where Evans plays in the line-up

A lot of options for sure. But my prediction for when it's all ready to go:
1C - Michal Chaput
2C - Michael McCarron
3C - Jake Evans
4C - Lukas Vejemo

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
clearly he showed Bouchard and his staff something cause he started the season on the 4th line and by game 3 he was moved up to the 3rd line.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
A lot of options for sure. But my prediction for when it's all ready to go:
1C - Michael Chaput
2C - Michael McCarron
3C - Jake Evans
4C - Lukas Vejemo

I'll just leave this here before there are any changes. My little moment of prediction glory:

DpaFoxVV4AAZCwQ.jpg

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Anybody watching the Rocket play and can comment on how Evans is doing? How does he look and he is getting better in the 8 games that he has played?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Anybody watching the Rocket play and can comment on how Evans is doing? How does he look and he is getting better in the 8 games that he has played?

he's showed some things, he doesn't get a ton of ice time, but lately they have him on the 2nd PP unit. He's had some nice passes but with being injured all summer, then getting a concussion at the rookie tournament, he looks like he needs to get stronger and quicker.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
he's showed some things, he doesn't get a ton of ice time, but lately they have him on the 2nd PP unit. He's had some nice passes but with being injured all summer, then getting a concussion at the rookie tournament, he looks like he needs to get stronger and quicker.

He is an interesting prospect with me. Seems like the type to take gradual steps year after year and I thought he would be a two year AHL type development. Should be interesting to see his potential NHL game at age 24.

Thanks for the comments! I haven't heard much on him lately

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
From all reports he needs to improve his quickness. Hopefully he can do that. For a 7th rounder we lucked out

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Can he play defense ? If yes Peca should be concerned

he's got a good defensive game, at least in the NCAA.

How is he on faceoffs.

He was one of the top F/O guys in the NCAA every year, like 1st or 2nd overall, so with 60 teams that's 240 centers.

From all reports he needs to improve his quickness. Hopefully he can do that. For a 7th rounder we lucked out

yes, he's got to get quicker, fill out more and get stronger, but he's smart, hard working and skilled. There's a lot to like, you just have to wonder how will the lack of physical tools like speed, skating, strength impact him.

Reactions: Vachon23

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
he's got a good defensive game, at least in the NCAA.

He was one of the top F/O guys in the NCAA every year, like 1st or 2nd overall, so with 60 teams that's 240 centers.

yes, he's got to get quicker, fill out more and get stronger, but he's smart, hard working and skilled. There's a lot to like, you just have to wonder how will the lack of physical tools like speed, skating, strength impact him.
Have you caught a few games lately ? Has he been promoted or something ? Seems like he had a spike in production.

Reactions: Stive Morgan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad