Prospect Info: Jake Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
His heads up the entire way. Aspirot is a clown who's just making a high "show" hit to make a name for himself in a tournament. Shoulder down, through the center of the body.. easy to make. He chooses to stay high, hit high, and extend his arms through the head area.
I don't know I have a slow motion close up and there isn't anything fancy on this hit. It's not even his shoulder. He just used him forearm straight to Evans' body in a pushing motion.

Reactions: Cat Herder

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
His heads up the entire way. Aspirot is a clown who's just making a high "show" hit to make a name for himself in a tournament. Shoulder down, through the center of the body.. easy to make. He chooses to stay high, hit high, and extend his arms through the head area.

If the hit crossed the line, how come none of Evans's teammates stepped up when it happened? Or is attitude just reserved for the dressing room.

Reactions: Cat Herder

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If the hit crossed the line, how come none of Evans's teammates stepped up when it happened? Or is attitude just reserved for the dressing room.

Because one person getting CTE, doesn't mean everyone else should rush into the ice and give it to each other.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Or maybe punishing fans for spending time & energy complaining needlessly about other fans...
Or punishing fans that complain about fans who speak the truth about fans who complain.....:)

But really, I want this tank so we can pick up some good you g players in the next few drafts...if anything, the hockey gods are giving me what I want :)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Because one person getting CTE, doesn't mean everyone else should rush into the ice and give it to each other.

Not a matter of starting a brawl, but just standing up for a teammate. That's also part of the game.

Or maybe ... none of Evans's teammates thought it was a dirty hit so they let it go.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Or punishing fans that complain about fans who speak the truth about fans who complain.....:)

But really, I want this tank so we can pick up some good you g players in the next few drafts...if anything, the hockey gods are giving me what I want :)

Be careful what you wish for...
The two top 10 picks this management team has had to work with thus far have both been traded in moves that downgraded our talent.

& Let's not forget that the public goal is to be improved from last year & make the playoffs.

Unless the hockey gods step in, us fans are in for a prolonged period of suckage

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I was disappointed nobody stepped in.....when in battle, you must step in, especially that the hit was borderline high.

Maybe not drop the gloves but at least come in with some threats man.

If I was in a bar with my best friend and he got bumped pretty good by some other dude, I’m sorry, but I’m there, at least to find out what’s going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77 and cphabs

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Yeah I'm not so sure the hit was dirty. As said it was a tad bit high and Aspirot (in the Q) is a borderline player a lot of the time. I love him as a player and wanted the Habs to invite him to camp, but it is tough to give the benefit of the doubt.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Be careful what you wish for...
The two top 10 picks this management team has had to work with thus far have both been traded in moves that downgraded our talent.

& Let's not forget that the public goal is to be improved from last year & make the playoffs.

Unless the hockey gods step in, us fans are in for a prolonged period of suckage
In order to shed some weight one must endure the rigours of cardio, weightlifting, commitment to nutrition and a discipline to maintain. In other words it’s a short term pain for long term gain.....of course it must be done properly and competently.

Steadfast will yield the same results we’ve had for years. It’s time to go to an uncomfortable place, feel real pain and come out winners

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was disappointed nobody stepped in.....when in battle, you must step in, especially that the hit was borderline high.

Maybe not drop the gloves but at least come in with some threats man.

If I was in a bar with my best friend and he got bumped pretty good by some other dude, I’m sorry, but I’m there, at least to find out what’s going on.

We already know what you'd do, if you were in a bar. You have that stare-down technique, down pat. :wg:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
In order to shed some weight one must endure the rigours of cardio, weightlifting, commitment to nutrition and a discipline to maintain. In other words it’s a short term pain for long term gain.....of course it must be done properly and competently.

Steadfast will yield the same results we’ve had for years. It’s time to go to an uncomfortable place, feel real pain and come out winners

Indeed... Let's just hope we get off of the fad diet & fitness regimes MB has been leading us on.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
If that was a Hab prospect who laid down the law like that last night, we would be high-fiving each other and bragging about having a prospect with balls. Unfortunately we are used to Sens players laying Montreal players out on the ice, its an accepted outcome by this panty waisted organization to accept your players getting KTFO. The team modo is 'keep the stretcher handy and the Dr David Mulder close'.

Reactions: Beendair Donedat

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
It's a 2 min interference nothing more... just unlucky to hit his head on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad