Prospect Info: Jake Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Glad to see Evans redeem himself after that first disappointing game.Kid looked good out there and that 4th line was solid. If he can keep it up it will be hard to dislodge him from the lineup.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Evans played a lot better against the Oilers than he did the Leafs. Love the speed of Evans/Byron/Lehkonen line. Keep the Oilers off balance all night

yeah nice to have a really good 4th line again. Haven't had one in a while. Interested to see how Evans develops; if he can still be better

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
conroy was actually good. Won selke and did have a 70 points season and many 60-50 points

Conroy has a pretty funny story about his first camp with the habs.

He was so excited to play for his childhood team, that when he took a shot at patrick roy, he accidentally clocked him in the head.

Patrick threw his goalie stick over the boards in a fit of rage and went after Conroy.

He was cut soon after.

Realistically, I think he knew that it was going to be tough to crack the habs lineup with Koivu, damphousse, and turgeon infront of him, so I I think he probably welcomed the move.

Conroy ended up being part of the turgeon deal and he often gets overlooked as part of the package, but he made a bad deal for the habs look even worse.

Reactions: 417

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's a crapshoot.

As much as people praise Tampa for their amazing drafting skill, they picked Point in the third round while they had 2 second-round picks! If they really knew that Point would be the Point we know today they would've probably drafted him higher...

At a certain point last year, I began to think Evans' potential as a top 9 winger is greater than Lehkonen's. But Evans is just starting out. We'll see how much he progresses.

I like his combination of a good cerebral head for the game, pretty good size, willingness to go to the net, and a good shot.

Reactions: Doc McKenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad