Prospect Info: Jake Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We have a Black Book blurb in this thread but wondering if those of you who bought RLR, McKeens, HockeyBuzz and other publications can share his write-up for comparative purposes?

Here's his Future Considerations assessment:

JAKE EVANS
POSITION: Center/Right Wing
SHOOTS: Right
TEAM: St. Michael’s (OJHL)
BORN: June 2, 1996
VITALS: 6’-0” / 170 Lbs
STATS: 49 GP 16 G 47 A 63 PTS 79 PIM
SCOUTING REPORT: A powerful skater with good end-to-end speed. Increasing foot speed
would help his acceleration, but he works hard to cover the point when his defense pinches and
also skates hard to get back to his defensive responsibilities. Not going to wow anyone with his
stickhandling. Evans can handle the puck fine, but he lacks creativity. Solid protecting the puck
and in the cycle. Evans has the ability to make solidly skilled passes as he has good vision.
More of a passer than a shooter out there. Does not shy away from rubbing out the opposition
along the boards, but is not a big hitter. At his best when playing with intensity, but this comes
and goes. It’s not that he disappears, but he tends to come in waves. He never stops playing,
despite how lopsided the score gets and is a good team player. He makes good decisions as
to when to carry the puck into the offensive zone and when to dump and chase or dump and
change. Knows games are not won or lost in a single shift. Comes back well and covers his
position in the defensive zone, shadowing his man and thwarting any chances.
NHL POTENTIAL: Bottom-Six Character Forward

Last edited:

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
We have a Black Book blurb in this thread but wondering if those of you who bought RLR, McKeens, HockeyBuzz and other publications can share his write-up for comparative purposes?

Here's his Future Considerations assessment:

but ive just read he has great stick handling abilities

smh

well if im going by the reports this guy is half Gretzky half Darche

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I know that everybody has their own reason...but tough to know what reason would be great enough to miss your first Pro camp....

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I know that everybody has their own reason...but tough to know what reason would be great enough to miss your first Pro camp....

Timmins said he was working out in North Dakota and taking Summer classes. Quite possible he couldn't make it due to Summer classes.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
American broadcasters restricts access to their live feeds or video archives to abroad IP addresses. There is no way anyone can watch this in Canada without a VPN

That's what I thought....but why was I able to watch the initial one? So....any chance I can watch it anyway? Thanks.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
well it sounds like you didn't miss much, looks like ND could be in for a rough year. Losing to RPI at home and then shutout by UMD.

Yeah saw that...well not really saw but heard about it....Strange again...why did I see the first one you sent but can't anymore....Anyway....

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Yeah saw that...well not really saw but heard about it....Strange again...why did I see the first one you sent but can't anymore....Anyway....

Most likely reason is you either have a dynamic IP or were for some reason not initially in the range of IP's they block.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
What do you mean? I've been using it for well over a year, mainly for netflix and pandora, without any problems

Thanks. Was mostly referring to reports that says something like "Running the Hola Unblocker application turns your connection into a public exit node on a P2P network. It allows people can to use your Internet connection and potentially access illegal material."

Anyway, I'm not too computer saavy so whenever it's not coming from cnet downloads or something I know and trust....I'M always a little too safe....

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Thanks. Was mostly referring to reports that says something like "Running the Hola Unblocker application turns your connection into a public exit node on a P2P network. It allows people can to use your Internet connection and potentially access illegal material."

Anyway, I'm not too computer saavy so whenever it's not coming from cnet downloads or something I know and trust....I'M always a little too safe....

cnet is anything but safe, they always try to hand you their ridiculous softwares containing malware r if you don't uncheck the boxes when installing what you actually wanted to download.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
cnet is anything but safe, they always try to hand you their ridiculous softwares containing malware r if you don't uncheck the boxes when installing what you actually wanted to download.

But I do that as well. Safe as in "It's the net what is safe anyway...." Just that I do my downloads through CNET and never had any problems....after unchecking the boxes I had to.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
In addition to another free webcast tonight, it looks like the Notre Dame game is also being shown on TSN2 tonight at 7:30 in case anyone wants to see Evans in action.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It would nice if TSN picked up some more brands of hockey like that to fill the gaps... :handclap:

looks like they heard you,

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-expands-its-n...o-37-games-including-the-frozen-four-1.109310

several Notre Dame games but that's it as far as Hab prospects go. The NCHC, which is where the rest of our prospect's (MacMillan, Didier and Colin Sullivan) play, they have a webcast deal with neulion so I don't know if that kept TSN from getting any of their games as I didn't see any schools from that conference on the TSN list but every other conference has at least one team on the list.

here's some interesting facts from the article,

Fast Facts: NCAA Men’s Division I Ice Hockey
Several 2015 draft eligible players are playing NCAA Hockey this season, including three in the Top 11 according to TSN Director of Scouting Craig Button (Jack Eichel, Noah Hanifin, and Zach Werenski)
305 former NCAA players played in the NHL last season, making up 31% of the league (both all-time highs)
Nearly 200 NHL draft picks are currently playing NCAA Hockey
Every NHL team has prospects playing NCAA Hockey, led by the Chicago Blackhawks (13)
More than 30% of all NCAA Hockey players are Canadian
Five members of Canada’s gold medal winning team at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games played NCAA Hockey (Jonathan Toews, Patrick Sharp, Martin St. Louis, Chris Kunitz, and Duncan Keith)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad