Player Discussion Jake Evans (Part II)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He was one of the better faceoff man in the NCAA both his Junior and Senior year (top 10 in both cases I believe). If he can round out that part of his game at the pro level he'll be a lock for the next few seasons on our lineup. He's everything you could want out of a bottom 6 player.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He was one of the better faceoff man in the NCAA both his Junior and Senior year (top 10 in both cases I believe). If he can round out that part of his game at the pro level he'll be a lock for the next few seasons on our lineup. He's everything you could want out of a bottom 6 player.

i'm pretty sure he was top 2 or 3 those years but that's just going off what i would hear during games since they don't publish that info.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He's looking better every game. Hopefully some of the skills/vision he showed in AHL/NCAA start to show in NHL as he gets comfortable.

think he's always been good at faceoffs in lower leagues, wonder how long he takes to get good in NHL

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
I don’t wanna lose him to Seattle. He will be a very good 4th line maybe 3rd line cost controlled draft pick from the habs

Reactions: Walrus26

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
After a rough first game he's steadily improving, which was always the case throughout his career.

He's a good advertisement of how far a hockey IQ and work ethic can take you.

Reactions: Walrus26

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don’t wanna lose him to Seattle. He will be a very good 4th line maybe 3rd line cost controlled draft pick from the habs

We'll have to make some decisions about who we want to protect between Evans, Lehkonen, and Armia. We may have to offer Seattle a pick if we don't want to lose an Evans.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Best 4th line center this team has had since Metropolit lol
Not sure I'd say that. Thompson was really fast and good for a 4c. Evans will be better in time no doubt, maybe as soon as this year or next. I also remember a certain Daniel Brière centering our 4th line in the 2014 playoffs.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Claude kind of benched Danault in favor of Evans on the penalty kill today. Apparently, after Horvat scored, he decided it was a safer choice for his heart condition. Hilarious!
Danault and that whole line were off tonight... It's nice when you have a deep lineup and other lines can pick it up.

Reactions: Seb

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Whenever I watch him play, I find him very quick on his skates.

Wasn't one of the knocks on him poor skating?

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
i cant remember a player (maybe KK) that made such an improvement in skating and speed. in last nights game, he was constantly faster then most canucks players. Impressive. He put the work, and the results are there for all to see.
Watching him , it is easy to forget that he was drafted that late as his skating needed work , which is the polite way to say it was bad

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
exactly. I said it a million times, and i say it again, Sly was one of the worst coaches to ever coach

People just don't understand how important coaching is with development and we're going to see it with Bouchard.. suddenly we will have guys like this pan out again, and it isn't because Timmins suddenly remembered how to draft,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad