Confirmed with Link: Jake Evans Extended (3 Years @ $1.7M AAV - Starts in 2022-23)

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
An 18 year old rookie on left wing, a turnstyle of linemates and rookie D to help out as center can’t be too helpful.

Also this might sound silly, but is it possible the 3rd line tends to get off the ice after possession losses? Like they keep doing what DD would do to Eller? I could swear they tend to chase a lot, and get possession tired… Might just be zone starts and turnovers.

I agree he comes off as passive, though; but I’m biased because that’s how he comes off in interviews (rather chill).

(edit - for sure Lekhonen was a motor)
That is possible and it could also be a directive to boost someone else’s value.

Good post.

That is why I wanted to give it time. The cream always rises and the sugar always melts. lol

Reactions: Naslundforever

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
An 18 year old rookie on left wing, a turnstyle of linemates and rookie D to help out as center can’t be too helpful.

Also this might sound silly, but is it possible the 3rd line tends to get off the ice after possession losses? Like they keep doing what DD would do to Eller? I could swear they tend to chase a lot, and get possession tired… Might just be zone starts and turnovers.

I agree he comes off as passive, though; but I’m biased because that’s how he comes off in interviews (rather chill).

(edit - for sure Lekhonen was a motor)
Evans's line mostly start in the dzone, unless there is one of Hoffman or Drouin on it. So yes, that line gain possession, transition it if capable and then are too tired and go for a change.

Reactions: Naslundforever

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Well Gorton in his interview with Marinaro went out of his way to say he was happy with Jake Evan's play as a 4c. He said Evan's would have bigger offensive numbers if he was in a bigger offensive role, but that he's doing good work in his role s 4c.
What would you expect him to say? throw him under the bus? that would inadvertently throw the coach under the bus as well.

Evans had a solid season during tankfest and should not be as anemic as he is,1 point is unacceptable regardless of utilization.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What would you expect him to say? throw him under the bus? that would inadvertently throw the coach under the bus as well.

Evans had a solid season during tankfest and should not be as anemic as he is,1 point is unacceptable regardless of utilization.

Evan's wasn't even brought up by Marinaro.

Marinaro asked him about how he seems the team. Gorton mentioned about players playing their role. And he mentioned Evan's as doing well in his role and would have more offensive numbers if he were in a different role. If he didn't like Evans' play, he could have brought in other examples of things he liked.

I personally think Evan's has more to offer than Hoffman, Gallagher, Drouin, Dadonov, and Armia, and should be used next to Monahan and Slaf (if Dvorak isn't going to be used there). We can find another 4c like Tyler Pitlick.

if Dvorak had actual hockey players on his line, he'd probably have 15 points.
Dvorak - Monahan - Slaf

The true second line with no passengers, that we've been looking for. All 3 can play the game and make offensive plays. Each could put up 50+ points on that line.

Reactions: Natey

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Evan's wasn't even brought up by Marinaro.

Marinaro asked him about how he seems the team. Gorton mentioned about players playing their role. And he mentioned Evan's as doing well in his role and would have more offensive numbers if he were in a different role. If he didn't like Evans' play, he could have brought in other examples of things he liked.

I personally think Evan's has more to offer than Hoffman, Gallagher, Drouin, Dadonov, and Armia, and should be used next to Monahan and Slaf (if Dvorak isn't going to be used there). We can find another 4c like Tyler Pitlick.

Dvorak - Monahan - Slaf

The true second line with no passengers, that we've been looking for. All 3 can play the game and make offensive plays. Each could put up 50+ points on that line.
All the players should have more offensive numbers aside from 3 players so far imo. The lines the way they are configured make no sense,don't compliment one another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad