Confirmed with Link: Jake Evans Extended (3 Years @ $1.7M AAV - Starts in 2022-23)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It’s a smart move because they’re going to lean on Evans a lot this year, which would put him in a much better position to bargain next off-season?

100%! Exactly what I'm thinking as well and I'm sure Bergevin/Ducharme talked about that too.

Reactions: 417

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Not looking good for Evans. Since the hit by Scheifele he is not the same player on the ice. Hopefully he can get his game back to where it was before.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Not looking good for Evans. Since the hit by Scheifele he is not the same player on the ice. Hopefully he can get his game back to where it was before.

He played the best hockey of his career last year when MSL was hired. He had 17 points in 35 games, while being +9 and 52% on faceoffs.

Him and Pitlick have regressed from last year as they've been dropped down in the lineup and are playing less minutes.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

He played the best hockey of his career last year when MSL was hired. He had 17 points in 35 games, while being +9 and 52% on faceoffs.

Him and Pitlick have regressed from last year as they've been dropped down in the lineup and are playing less minutes.
Yeah I disagree too, I don't think it's the Scheifele hit, he played very well last year after the coaching change.
He also played great in preseason with Pitlick this year, not sure what happened afterwards for these two to fall off a cliff like that. But he sure is discrete right now.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I am Meh about it. He hasn't been good. Definitely not 1.7M worth afaik. But perhaps he can be packaged at a TDL.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015

And with pubescent defensemen (edit - and left winger) edit 2 - both need to create more though by themselves also. I suspect Beck, Mesar, Heinemann and co will give them a run for their roster spot soon enough

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Another 5-star quality human signed for the long term.

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He's not as bad as people are saying. He's been strong on the penalty kill. He's just not bringing offense this year.

No clue why that's been when he's had a fabulous rotating list of wingers like Dadonov, Hoffman, Pezzetta, Drouin & Armia to play with. :sarcasm:

Last year, he was our 3rd line center and got a lot of playing time. This year he's our 4th, with a lot less playing time.

His contract is fine for a 4th liner too. It's about average if not a little low for 4th line centers.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
1.7 million/3 years is pretty standard for young depth players.

Nico Sturm 3 years/2M AAV
Tyson Jost 2 years/ 2M AAV
Isac Lundestrom 2 years/1.8M AAV
Barrett Hayton 2 years/1.775M AAV
Travis Boyd 2 years/1.75M AAV
Eric Robinson 2 years/1.6M AAV
Anders Bjork 3 years/1.6M AAV

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yeah I disagree too, I don't think it's the Scheifele hit, he played very well last year after the coaching change.
He also played great in preseason with Pitlick this year, not sure what happened afterwards for these two to fall off a cliff like that. But he sure is discrete right now.
The talent around them has increased, they're getting less opportunities.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
You really going to argue that's a bad contract?

It's ridiculous to even think so. If anything he's already a little under what 4th line centers generally make.

It's not like we're swimming in bottom 6 center depth too. There's nothing in AHL behind Jake.

It could be a lot worse. He's a conscientious player, who's been excellent on the pk and about expected defensively. He hasn't found any rhythm offensively.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
He's not as bad as people are saying. He's been strong on the penalty kill. He's just not bringing offense this year.

No clue why that's been when he's had a fabulous rotating list of wingers like Dadonov, Hoffman, Pezzetta, Drouin & Armia to play with. :sarcasm:

Last year, he was our 3rd line center and got a lot of playing time. This year he's our 4th, with a lot less playing time.

His contract is fine for a 4th liner too. It's about average if not a little low for 4th line centers.
Totally agree. I don't get why some posters cut him up. Hes fast, fearless to a fault, usually slightly over 50% in the circle, and is an intelligent player. He does have a bit of offence in him too. Montreal just doesn't have effective 4th line wingers to play with him.

Reactions: tnq and MarkovsKnee

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Totally agree. I don't get why some posters cut him up. Hes fast, fearless to a fault, usually slightly over 50% in the circle, and is an intelligent player. He does have a bit of offence in him too. Montreal just doesn't have effective 4th line wingers to play with him.

Slafkovsky isn’t effective?

since a couple of games Slaf is driving that line… but evans isn’t finishing slaf’s play.

Reactions: Canadienna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad