Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
get-out-leave.gif

:laugh: I do want some grind on that bottom 6. Still not happy with the retooling back there

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
This makes lots of sense Ali, I’m liking it.
The agent thinks this is shrewed but it is a dick move and I'd be willing to bet guys in the room are not pleased.

You can't bite the hand that also feeds.

The Bruins could chose to be petty and hold him out of every game but Sweeney isn't a petty guy.

At this point DeBrusk needs to play his ass off the rest of the time he is here and once he is gone then he's a mere memory.

If he plays this way with a new team, he'll Ryan Spooner himself in less than 2 years

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Bwahahaha for what? You can’t request a trade when you’re doing nothing and getting benched. After years of doing nothing and blaming it on Covid.

Getting benched this year fors shit that happened last year is total bullshit and f*** Cassidy if he's too much of a coward to call out Pasta, Smith, Coyle, and Hall, so he uses JDB as an example instead. Jake sucked last year, but he's been one of the better forwards with his consistency in play game to game comparatively. His getting benched after that Rangers game is a joke since he played okay, and plenty of other key players sucked and made far more egregious plays. Plenty of blame pie to go around that game, but it falls on JDB for being the reason they sucked? I mean f***, what free agent signing by Captain Harvard has actually done a thing this year? Well, other than sucked at hockey, that is?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The agent thinks this is shrewed but it is a dick move and I'd be willing to bet guys in the room are not pleased.

The Bruins could chose to be petty and hold him out of every game but Sweeney isn't a petty guy.

At this point DeBrusk needs to play his ass off the rest of the time he is here and once he is gone then he's a mere memory.

If he plays this way with a new team, he'll Ryan Spooner himself in less than 2 years

Bruins can't possibly suit him up can they?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
It needs to work for the Bruins. They can not allow DeBrusk to dictate things.

They won't. Why would they? If DeBrusk has "hand" in that he's requested a trade, and therefore boxed the B's in relative to return, they should sit on their hands for a bit.

Trade him soon, but no rush. I will be interested in the return.

Reactions: BMC

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

I don’t mind a player making it clear that they don’t wanna play somewhere. Seems he was looking to be moved a while back and it was kept private.

It wasn’t working out here I don’t blame him for wanting to try somewhere else, and I think the players largely side with the players over the team in things like this. They can relate more to them than the FO.

I don’t think he plays again for the B’s.

Reactions: GordonHowe

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Getting benched this year fors shit that happened last year is total bullshit and f*** Cassidy if he's too much of a coward to call out Pasta, Smith, Coyle, and Hall, so he uses JDB as an example instead. Jake sucked last year, but he's been one of the better forwards with his consistency in play game to game comparatively. His getting benched after that Rangers game is a joke since he played okay, and plenty of other key players sucked and made far more egregious plays. Plenty of blame pie to go around that game, but it falls on JDB for being the reason they sucked? I mean f***, what free agent signing by Captain Harvard has actually done a thing this year? Well, other than sucked at hockey, that is?

I know this is one of the best days for you since something negative happened to the Bruins, but how much would you change your tune if you found out they benched him AFTER he made his trade request?

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

I’d be surprised if he plays again for the Bruins even though they do need a LW .

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I would argue DeBrusk has roughly the same trade value that Alex Tuch had/has and in the right package could help reel in a good player. The problem is that I don't have a lot of faith in Don Sweeney to get that kind of home run trade right. But swapping a depressed asset for another depressed asset I could see Sweeney getting right.

Bruins fans are a depressed asset. I know I am.

Oy!

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Lets see if Sweeney has a petty side and benches him until a deal is done. We all know Cam is petty as hell but is Sweeney the same way?

Something tells me that Sweeney will take his marching orders from Big Cam on this one. I think Cam is going to sit Sweeney and Cassidy down and basically tell them both that DeBrusk is going to be sat down until a deal is done as well as put out some parting shots in the press.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I would argue DeBrusk has roughly the same trade value that Alex Tuch had/has and in the right package could help reel in a good player. The problem is that I don't have a lot of faith in Don Sweeney to get that kind of home run trade right. But swapping a depressed asset for another depressed asset I could see Sweeney getting right.
Jake couldn`t hold Tuch`s jock when it comes to effort shift in and out. Tuch`s value may have dropped due to him being injured but he still put up 30+ pts last year if not mistaken and I think another 9-10 pts in the playoffs while playing through that injury

Reactions: Alicat

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Jake couldn`t hold Tuch`s jock when it comes to effort shift in and out. Tuch`s value may have dropped due to him being injured but he still put up 30+ pts last year if not mistaken and I think another 9-10 pts in the playoffs while playing through that injury

Sure, but based on the stats...DeBrusk and Tuch are considered to be the same player.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
crazy that the players who will likely still be standing from that 2015 draft will be Zboril and Seny regardless that Seny still in the AHL

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Not what I’m saying. What other young forward has been given the amount of rope Jake has - Bjork? Heinen? Frederic? Studnicka? Senyshyn? Steen?

None of those players have proven to be as good as JDB when he's at his best.

So why wouldn't he get the most rope? There's nobody that was threatening to take his spot.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
He has similar career numbers to Debrusk but his down season was a few years back where as Jake is currently in his down year(s). I don’t think Debrusk has anywhere near the value Tuch does, especially with the public trade request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad