Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
On Edmonton, Toronto, Colorado, and a dozen other teams, could he be a 30g first line player?

We all know the answer. With Bergeron and Marchand he was easily a first line player.
On Edmonton, Toronto, Colorado, and a dozen other teams, could he be a 30g first line player?
We all know the answer. With Bergeron and Marchand he was easily a first line player.

He's streaky. But it's intellectually dishonest to say he's purely middle six. He's top 6.
"Intellectually dishonest" is one of the douchiest phrases thrown around in here, like I'm lying when I say I think he's a middle six wing.

Plenty of middle six wings could play with Bergeron and Marchand, MacKinnon and Rantannen, Mathews an Marner. Bringing those three clubs up as examples of where he'd be a top 6 guy kind of proves the point that he's a middle six player.

If you need generational talent as your line mates to seem like something then maybe you aren't that thing.

Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The variance in the player's play over 7 years alone does not allow you to figure out if 500k-1m is being pissed away. You get that, right?

He's streaky. But it's intellectually dishonest to say he's purely middle six. He's top 6.

I was just showing the range of wingers signed, and we slide Jake somewhere in that range

Everyone’s a first line player with Marchand and bergy. Heinen had 47 points with them Debrusk had 50.

Show your work?

To an extent that's also going to require a projection on the deals we're about to see with this higher cap (which is when Jake is signing).

Teravainen's contract is one we can discuss in relation. Recently we can look at Bertuzzi, Zucker, Tarasenko, Gaudreau, Palat, Burakovsky...

And then project today dollars on this new cap, and 7 years out

You act like the cap is going up 50%

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
DeBrusk has become so much more than a point producer for the Bruins this year. His 200' foot game has been excellent. Would love to see the Bruins sign him for [email protected] . What I fear is that there may be teams out there willing to offer more . In particular in Alberta . I hope he wants to remain a Bruin

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DeBrusk has become so much more than a point producer for the Bruins this year. His 200' foot game has been excellent. Would love to see the Bruins sign him for [email protected] . What I fear is that there may be teams out there willing to offer more . In particular in Alberta . I hope he wants to remain a Bruin
Very good points

But Tony Mazz wants him traded and many here learned their hockey from Felger & Mazz

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Do you think I they have him pegged as a core player going forward?

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Do you think I they have him pegged as a core player going forward?
I am really not sure how they define core. Do I see him as a player that is big part of there future yes. When you consider age and skill set. The only two Bruins I would define as core going forward are 73and 88. 63 is also core at present but is reaching the end of his career

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I am really not sure how they define core. Do I see him as a player that is big part of there future yes. When you consider age and skill set. The only two Bruins I would define as core going forward are 73and 88. 63 is also core at present but is reaching the end of his career
It is a silly term that is completely subjective with no clear definition I agree.

If you’re looking at players around the same age that you will build around going forward - I guess that’s one way to look at it - Jake would be there if resigned. Swayman. Now Frederic. Carlo. Zacha. Hampus if you stretch a touch. But again that’s different than the “Core Four” kind of view.

Reactions: bme44

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
It is a silly term that is completely subjective with no clear definition I agree.

If you’re looking at players around the same age that you will build around going forward - I guess that’s one way to look at it - Jake would be there if resigned. Swayman. Now Frederic. Carlo. Zacha. Hampus if you stretch a touch. But again that’s different than the “Core Four” kind of view.
Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it silly with no definition. Core players are the ones they plan on building around, not core would be complimentary players.

I see the core on this club right now being - Pasta, Coyle, Marchand, Zacha up front. McAvoy, Carlo, Lindholm on D

Think rest are mix and match right now.

Do you see DeBrusk as a guy they build a roster around going forward?

Reactions: Ladyfan

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it silly with no definition. Core players are the ones they plan on building around, not core would be complimentary players.

I see the core on this club right now being - Pasta, Coyle, Marchand, Zacha up front. McAvoy, Carlo, Lindholm on D

Well you just defined it completely differently as bme. Which was my point. You’re including older players - which is often not the case in discussions on this subject - while many others don’t. You include Zacha, but not Swayman. Or Jake.

So I would say my previous comments are being proven perfectly here.

And it’s “complementary”.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Well you just defined it completely differently as bme. Which was my point. You’re including older players - which is often not the case in discussions on this subject - while many others don’t. You include Zacha, but not Swayman. Or Jake.

So I would say my previous comments are being proven perfectly here.

And it’s “complementary”.
Now you're correcting typos with a post full of typos? Hello ignore- life's too short for this nonsense.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
If they do agree to signing JD on a long term deal at 6m+ they need to give him #1 PP minutes. They have to move on from JVR in the offseason and he needs to be the net front presence.

He gets 16+ minutes a night playing under Monty but he needs to get that up closer to 18/19 to justify a contract like that. He needs to be leaned upon more. You are essentially making him a core player and you have to put him in a position to succeed and live up to that contract.

They have to utilize him more if we are talking these high numbers IMO

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Very good points

But Tony Mazz wants him traded and many here learned their hockey from Felger & Mazz
You just made me chuckle and panic at the same time, you do really believe there are fans out there that learned hockey from Felger and Mazz,............please tell me that cannot be true, hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: PeanutButter37

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If they do agree to signing JD on a long term deal at 6m+ they need to give him #1 PP minutes. They have to move on from JVR in the offseason and he needs to be the net front presence.

He gets 16+ minutes a night playing under Monty but he needs to get that up closer to 18/19 to justify a contract like that. He needs to be leaned upon more. You are essentially making him a core player and you have to put him in a position to succeed and live up to that contract.

They have to utilize him more if we are talking these high numbers IMO
This makes the most sense to me- if they think they can count on him for more than what he's done so far then you pay him the 6+mil.

I don't see the value there though, he's been so hot and cold for so long. You can't build around streaky players and IMO 7 seasons should be enough to know what you're getting.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You just made me chuckle and panic at the same time, you do really believe there are fans out there that learned hockey from Felger and Mazz,............please tell me that cannot be true, hahaha
Felger & Mazz say things and shows up in here more times than not

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
#InDanWeTrust.

IMG_3373.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Mione134

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
This makes the most sense to me- if they think they can count on him for more than what he's done so far then you pay him the 6+mil.

I don't see the value there though, he's been so hot and cold for so long. You can't build around streaky players and IMO 7 seasons should be enough to know what you're getting.
Thats why you have to park him in front of the net to get some tips and bang home rebounds on PP1. A streaky player like that needs to get out of those cold streak by getting those opportunities. We all know, once you get JD going he tends to keep the momentum going forward.

Say what you want about Debrusk but he's always had to get most of his own 5v5.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Give him 5 at 6.5 and it's good. Jake has turned into a good two way player that is working hard pretty much every game even when he's not scoring. He is what he is as a point producer- streaky. What's different now is that he is contributing solid play regardless of whether he is on a hot or cold run. When he's hot he piles up points which are always needed whatever time of the year they come. He's value to me at that number over a five year deal. I wouldn't give him more than 5 in term, though.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Coyle and Zacha are not core players more than DeBrusk.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I think when you talk about cores, you're talking about the guys you want to stick with and build a team around for the forseeable future. It's usually the elite players that are on a team's roster.

That kind of evolves as some of the older core get older and get moved out as a young core emerges.

I want the team to build around Swayman, McAvoy, and Pasta. To me, that's the main core and everyone else, while good players that add value to the team, aren't elite and can be moved for the right price ( not that I'm advocating for it ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad