TSN: Jake DeBrusk requests a trade

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
How do Ducks fans feel about Comtois?
Great last season but is he done in Anaheim? Could he be fair value vs. DeBrusk?
A change of scenery for both.

Comtois is a weird case.

he excelled last year, but just can’t find a groove at all. Fans don’t know if he’s in the doghouse, or just flat out not playing well.

I don’t think he’s much more than a bottom six role player. Last year was a fluke to me :dunno:

Reactions: kthx

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I pause on any deal that brings in big money for any position other than C or LD.

They also need an RW in the top 6, but honestly, that should be much lower on the priority list, albeit also a position that needs to be filled.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I pause on any deal that brings in big money for any position other than C or LD.

They also need an RW in the top 6, but honestly, that should be much lower on the priority list, albeit also a position that needs to be filled.

Is LD a positional need? Something around Brendan Dillon for Debrusk (if the Jets could agree to an extension)?

Reactions: fmrdh

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Debrusk is currently tied with Garland, Ehlers, Neiderreiter, Lundell, B. Tkachuk, Couture, Killorn, Scheifele, McKinnon, etc. at EV goals with 13. Shot percentage of 12% matches his career average. Last year in the bubble, he shot at 5.4%, so analytics likely see this years' success as a regression to the mean.

While consistency has plagued DeBrusk during the pandemic, he is generally good for 185-200 shots on net over an 82 game season. If he continues to score at close to 12%, he should still give teams 22-25+ goals per season, with most of that coming at even strength. Depending on PP deployment, he could add to that. It's also worth mentioning that he has 16 goals in 59 playoff games. While most of those came early in his career alongside David Krejci, this in combination with his current efficacy with Bergeron show that he can certainly produce with quality centers. He also has 5 GWG, which puts him in the top 20 tied with dudes like Kyle Connor, Panarin, Aho, Guentzal, etc.

He's only 25 and is trending in the right direction. He has a GF and seems to be loving life at the moment, which is in stark contrast to where he was this time last year. His teammates, and seemingly everyone in Boston aside from Bruce Casssidy, love DeBrusk.

This is just a friendly update for those wondering where DeBrusk is at.

The Bruins could keep him as their own rental, but most think that they will try to sell sooner than later as the Bruins are about to kick off an 8 day home stand.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Is LD a positional need? Something around Brendan Dillon for Debrusk (if the Jets could agree to an extension)?

Some would be for it. McAvoy can be an elite pairing with anyone. Carlo needs someone that can move the puck. They need a physical third pairing RD before another third pairing LD. So, I would be a no, but some would want to put him with McAvoy. But, I just don’t think first pair is the right place for Dillon.

Reactions: Huffer

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I personally love the discussion around DeBrusk and Lysell for Boeser. There was a good chat yestertay on Sportsnet650 with the afternoon show where I proposed it and those guys call the Giants game and liked the idea as a foundation.

Canucks get a guy with 15 goals for a guy with 14 goals who are the same age and shed over $3,000,000 in cap space. They also get Boston's top forward prospect who is by far the most skilled Vancouver Giant and fast as hell.

Rutherford gets two very fast skilled forwards for Boeser. Boston gets a RW to play with Marchand and Bergeron.
Bruins would be stupid to include Lysell in that deal, just so you guys can have something to talk about on a boring Sunday afternoon .

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Debrusk is currently tied with Garland, Ehlers, Neiderreiter, Lundell, B. Tkachuk, Couture, Killorn, Scheifele, McKinnon, etc. at EV goals with 13. Shot percentage of 12% matches his career average. Last year in the bubble, he shot at 5.4%, so analytics likely see this years' success as a regression to the mean.

While consistency has plagued DeBrusk during the pandemic, he is generally good for 185-200 shots on net over an 82 game season. If he continues to score at close to 12%, he should still give teams 22-25+ goals per season, with most of that coming at even strength. Depending on PP deployment, he could add to that. It's also worth mentioning that he has 16 goals in 59 playoff games. While most of those came early in his career alongside David Krejci, this in combination with his current efficacy with Bergeron show that he can certainly produce with quality centers. He also has 5 GWG, which puts him in the top 20 tied with dudes like Kyle Connor, Panarin, Aho, Guentzal, etc.

He's only 25 and is trending in the right direction. He has a GF and seems to be loving life at the moment, which is in stark contrast to where he was this time last year. His teammates, and seemingly everyone in Boston aside from Bruce Casssidy, love DeBrusk.

This is just a friendly update for those wondering where DeBrusk is at.

The Bruins could keep him as their own rental, but most think that they will try to sell sooner than later as the Bruins are about to kick off an 8 day home stand.

I'd also throw out that aside from a few single digit game stretches of a DeBrusk Krejci Pastrnak line, this has been the first stretch of DeBrusk's career where he didn't have a 4th liner on his line. Even when he was with Krejci it was DeBrusk/Krejci/(Backes/Kuhlman/your mom).

Reactions: Son of Donegal

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
I’m not a big Debrusk fan but the undervaluation expressed by some folks here goes beyond comprehension. With a legitimate 2C he’s a 20g, 45p solid top six winger. He had one awful season… but when you take into account his line mates and pp ice time - he’s been very solid this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad