TSN: Jake DeBrusk requests a trade

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Nope, DeBrusk absolutely has a higher goal scoring ceiling. He is on pace for 22 goals while playing mostly 3\4 and 1.5M a game less than Garland.

Edmonton should put their #1 pick in play for DeBrusk who could absolutely score 30 riding
shotgun with McDavid\Drai.
This is very misleading, though. Prior to the shift up into the top-six (and move to Bergeron line) DeBrusk had scored 7 goals in 43 games, on pace for just 13 goals.

He's shown in the past that he can score goals, for sure. However, he hasn't scored 20+ goals since 18-19.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
This is very misleading, though. Prior to the shift up into the top-six (and move to Bergeron line) DeBrusk had scored 7 goals in 43 games, on pace for just 13 goals.

He's shown in the past that he can score goals, for sure. However, he hasn't scored 20+ goals since 18-19.

13 goals on a 3rd/4th line is impressive considering how Bruce underutilized Debrusk, and his lines. Kuhlman, Coyle, Nosek, Foligno... those are not players driving offense.

You deliberately undersell Debrusk as well. In 19-20 he scored 19 in 65.... Speaking of misleading.

Debrusk had one terrible season, last season. Otherwise he has been a good second line scorer.

Thankfully the Yamamoto/Debrusk rumor was inaccurate. The Bruins can do better. In fact, keeping Debrusk with the Bergeron line improves the Bruins. Debrusk has been one of the better players all season long, and is being rewarded for it now.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North

I think your facts are off a bit here go back to Seattle game and see who assisted on DeBrusk goals and the game before that was the Avs you won’t see Marchy or Bergys names but yes after that he got moved up finally and he’s got 5 goals on the top line and they weren’t tap ins so to say it was cause of Marchy and Bergy is a stretch he shot his goals in from a distance and tipped them in but guess you need to watch the games to know this..

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
The more I look at this, the more I could see a deal around garland/ Boeser. Definitely not 1 for 1 though. As a Canucks fan I am not super pumped about it. But just seems to be where this could be trending… kapanen/debrusk/ zacha etc. :confused:

I personally love the discussion around DeBrusk and Lysell for Boeser. There was a good chat yestertay on Sportsnet650 with the afternoon show where I proposed it and those guys call the Giants game and liked the idea as a foundation.

Canucks get a guy with 15 goals for a guy with 14 goals who are the same age and shed over $3,000,000 in cap space. They also get Boston's top forward prospect who is by far the most skilled Vancouver Giant and fast as hell.

Rutherford gets two very fast skilled forwards for Boeser. Boston gets a RW to play with Marchand and Bergeron.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Sadly I feel like our management also don’t necessarily want to take our team out of playoff push. Meaning if we picked up a serviceable replacement and got an asset (pick/prospect) that might be the “happy medium” for now.

I think it's a nice move for the Cancucks that doesn't sacrifice the season (like keeping JT until the summer for example) by plugging DeBrusk into Boeser's spot and adding Lysell who becomes their top prospect who is playing out in Langley.

Lysell earns a spot next year in Vancouver (like we assume he will in Boston) and the forward core is much faster while shedding salary.

Maybe you even see DeBrusk and EP40 develop high speed chemistry while the playoff push continues.

It could also easily be an offseason move for both teams swapping RFA's if neither want to mess with the chemistry of the current run each team are on.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
why would Comtois need a change of scenery?

Wasnt he playing 4th line duties on regular? And comparing his last season to this season, he seems like a very different player purely based on stats.
Haven't watched him this season, but cant imagine him being happy playing in 4th line.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I personally love the discussion around DeBrusk and Lysell for Boeser. There was a good chat yestertay on Sportsnet650 with the afternoon show where I proposed it and those guys call the Giants game and liked the idea as a foundation.

Canucks get a guy with 15 goals for a guy with 14 goals who are the same age and shed over $3,000,000 in cap space. They also get Boston's top forward prospect who is by far the most skilled Vancouver Giant and fast as hell.

Rutherford gets two very fast skilled forwards for Boeser. Boston gets a RW to play with Marchand and Bergeron.
I’d likely make this deal (as a Canucks fan)

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

He had 19 in 65 games in 19-20 my misleading friend.

He was BAD in 20-21. He clearly had a tough time with the isolation. This season he was by far the most productive guy in the bottom six and has now taken advantage of playing in the top six again. Why that is pitched as a bad thing is mind boggling.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Wait a second, do we have an agreement (roughly) between two fanbases on a trade that seems to help both teams? I know once I go back to the Bruins board minds will have changed lol.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

That is terrible for Boston. Boeser would be a good player but hardly that significant an upgrade on Debrusk. What else is Boston getting in the trade?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I don’t, as a Bruins fan
Not sure why they’d add their top prospect on top of DeBrusk for Brock

edit, would much rather just keep DeBrusk and let him walk for nothing then plug Lysell into the lineup next year
DeBrusk has 15 goals this year and Boeser has 16. Jake I assume has been in the bottom 9 most of the year and not much time on the PP. That seems to be a sideways move but to throw in Lysell that is an over kill.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
DeBrusk has 15 goals this year and Boeser has 16. Jake I assume has been in the bottom 9 most of the year and not much time on the PP. That seems to be a sideways move but to throw in Lysell that is an over kill.

exactly
One guy is struggling and has low value, yet the other seems to be struggling & has excellent value
Makes sense to me?

I like Boeser but he’s not getting your top prospect

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

That's a horrible deal for Boston. Are you out of your mind? Boeser has never scored 30 goals in a year
in the NHL. Did you see that great pass he made to Matthews last night? DeBrusk would need to go into hiding if he made a pass that brutally bad.

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
Now there's a bunch of undervaluing of Boeser going on. Guy has been something along the lines of a .8 PPG for his entire career up to this point. He's having an off year by his standards this season, but come on man. Having an off year coupled with his contract situation certainly decreases his value, so he's likely not worth Debrusk + Lysell now, but he's certainly worth a lot more than Debrusk on his own.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
doesn't make much sense for boston to have 4 wingers making an assload of money. still big hole
at 2C, still big hole on defense. don't think boeser is the right target for them.

It’s not a bad value in a trade, but Bruins need to spend the money elsewhere and badly need some CHEAP skill on this roster as Smith ages out and Pasta gets his big payday.

Reactions: WhalerTurnedBruin55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad