TSN: Jake DeBrusk requests a trade

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Probably Ducks (No idea why.... I just have a feeling)

Some people are turned off by DeBrusk I see his style fit in very well into the Ducks Top 9, like playing with Zegras or Terry. We need to upgrade from someone like Steel and Comtois seems to be on his way out. Something is going on there with him and the organization.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Could there be a deal made around H. Lindholm for JDB + 1st?
Lindholm McAvoy would be interesting 1st pair.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
What's Debrusk worth in terms if picks?

To answer this again :)...

Come the offseason, he would cost a 2nd in compensation just to sign him. So once the season is over Bruins can't ask more than that. And no reason for them to accept less.

What complicates it right now is that the Bruins are competing. So they can't just move DeBrusk out for a 2nd unless they have other deals in place using DeBrusk's cap space that make the team better.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Another goal last night. Don’t see why the Bruins would trade him if he’s putting up goals like this.

I do agree that he’s a perfect fit in Vancouver if they move out a winger OR Anaheim with that young core developing.

Edmonton would be deadly and I really don’t want to see if simply because it would be one of those ‘I can’t believe we got him for such a low price’ trades as he puts up 30 alongside McDavid.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
The more I look at this, the more I could see a deal around garland/ Boeser. Definitely not 1 for 1 though. As a Canucks fan I am not super pumped about it. But just seems to be where this could be trending… kapanen/debrusk/ zacha etc. :confused:

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yes, throw them into the mix potentially too… feels like it will be something along these lines + pick/prospect type of situation.

If we get a first and a prospect, I'm happy with the return for either. Any roster replacements aren't what I care for at all, as we have so many top nine wingers already, so their more an add on then value.

613Hockey

Jan 21, 2022
Ottawa, ON
Who's the first domino to fall heading into the trade deadline? Once one of the big name players gets moved, it'll kick start the market as the teams try to avoid FOMO heading into the 21st. Debrusk seems like one of the "depth" adds to a contender that comes in an hour or two before the deadline

Top Trade Deadline Targets - Dynes Pressbox

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
How do Ducks fans feel about Comtois?
Great last season but is he done in Anaheim? Could he be fair value vs. DeBrusk?
A change of scenery for both.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
If we get a first and a prospect, I'm happy with the return for either. Any roster replacements aren't what I care for at all, as we have so many top nine wingers already, so their more an add on then value.
Sadly I feel like our management also don’t necessarily want to take our team out of playoff push. Meaning if we picked up a serviceable replacement and got an asset (pick/prospect) that might be the “happy medium” for now.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
How do Ducks fans feel about Comtois?
Great last season but is he done in Anaheim? Could he be fair value vs. DeBrusk?
A change of scenery for both.
why would Comtois need a change of scenery?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Sadly I feel like our management also don’t necessarily want to take our team out of playoff push. Meaning if we picked up a serviceable replacement and got an asset (pick/prospect) that might be the “happy medium” for now.

The "happy medium" has never worked out for this team. Has no one that's been hired looked into our history? Hell, I'll do it for them for peanuts and a seat at the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad