Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk III: Signs 2 Years 3.675 AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
lol 3 time Stanley cup finalist and 2 time leading playoff scorer is a comparison.
Name checks out.

But I think it’s also that yet another 2nd line winger isn’t working out. Some may direct more of that fault to DK some more to Jake.

This season with Jake seems like he’s even less involved with the play than ever before. He’s coasting around out there. It’s always tough to say a guy isn’t putting in the effort or doesn’t care but it sure looks like he doesn’t from here.

Reactions: GordonHowe

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Name checks out.

But I think it’s also that yet another 2nd line winger isn’t working out. Some may direct more of that fault to DK some more to Jake.

This season with Jake seems like he’s even less involved with the play than ever before. He’s coasting around out there. It’s always tough to say a guy isn’t putting in the effort or doesn’t care but it sure looks like he doesn’t from here.

jake isnt making a name for himself. its his own fault

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Name checks out.

hes terrible if u look at the stats. good thing bruins didn't invest. if hes out of the league soon I wouldn't be shocked

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Really would have liked him to develop the ability to pass at the NHL level by now. Probably not going to happen. With the puck straight and hard to net he is okay. Without puck and passing, absolute failure.

Reactions: BruinDust

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I'm just pointing out that Krejci has yet to score a goal. He makes $7 million and with our depth issues we need him to start putting the puck in the net every few games. I just don't understand why he is exempt from criticism.
He also has looked pretty good over all. He was never a goal scorer really. He has a pass first mentality. Krecji brings a lot to the table.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Middle six wingers are a hole so I don't know why people are in a rush to trade the guy whos been in that role since he was 19/20?

If hes part of a deal for a significant upgrade fine.

There are deals to be made like #74 for Rakell.
Maybe #74 and Lauzon for Forsberg. Not advocating
for that one but u sure as hell arent getting Forsberg
for DeBrusk and Vaak or Zboril . Now DeBrusk for
Arviddson and a 2nd I might do.

I'm sure there are other deals to be made to upgrade

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
2 Glorious chances to score a goal to win the game and 1 in the shoot out and goes 0 for 3.
With about 4 minutes left he came in all alone on the right side and nothing. Then in OT gets a pass
all alone in front and it bumbles over his stick and gets a crappy shot on net. Then the shootout.
He needs something. I had such high hopes for him after his big year of scoring goals, but that year is
getting further and further in the rear view mirror.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
wants a multi million dollar deal and dines on McDonalds.

We joke, but his reported eating habits are a window into his mentality. You made it to the NHL and have undeserved premium lineup spots handed to you and you can't clean up your diet, at least during the season?

Kind of funny to think about all the times Chara must have put down his kale shake, looked away, and just shook his head everytime Debrusk walked by with his chocolate milk fruitloops and Hi-C.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
The Bruins have had the luxury of being a good team affording them impatience with young players and their growing pains. Kid is 24, he'll figure it out eventually. He doesn't have a great hockey IQ (atleast when it comes to creating space and plays) but every other instinct is there. I'd like them to keep him around. Although I always like proven veteran talent. Been clamoring for it for years. But honestly we're so late in the Bergeron era we might as well keep all the young guys we can, plus we can never scout the proven veteran talent correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: ap3lovr

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The Bruins have had the luxury of being a good team affording them impatience with young players growing pains. Kid is 24, he'll figure it out eventually. He doesn't have a great hockey IQ (atleast when it comes to creating space and plays) but every other instinct is there. I'd like them to keep him around. Although I always like proven veteran talent. Been clamoring for it for years. But honestly we're so late in the Bergeron era we might as well keep all the young guys we can, plus we can never scout the proven veteran talent correctly.

They did a good job with Coyle and Mojo.

Might be worth it to see if they can kick tires on Mojo.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
This really reminds me of years ago when we had Michael Ryder on the 2nd line. People here bitched and moaned every time he went dry for a spell. Now I see the occasional post about trying to get a Michael Ryder type on that 2nd line again. Debrusk is a good 2nd liner, and an amazing 3rd liner on many teams in this league. Only the elite in this league are consistent scorers that pot some every game. Right now he is shooting at 3.1%. That luck will change, just takes patience.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
This really reminds me of years ago when we had Michael Ryder on the 2nd line. People here bitched and moaned every time he went dry for a spell. Now I see the occasional post about trying to get a Michael Ryder type on that 2nd line again. Debrusk is a good 2nd liner, and an amazing 3rd liner on many teams in this league. Only the elite in this league are consistent scorers that pot some every game. Right now he is shooting at 3.1%. That luck will change, just takes patience.

Million dollar question is he better than a
6% shooter now. Looks unwilling to engage
as much as is needed. That % won't go over
5-6 given his battle level its just not present.
Boston is in a bad spot with DeBrusk.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Million dollar question is he better than a
6% shooter now. Looks unwilling to engage
as much as is needed. That % won't go over
5-6 given his battle level its just not present.
Boston is in a bad spot with DeBrusk.

He looks very willing to engage and looks very much a 11% career shooter. I would be concerned if he wasn't generating the same number of shots per game he was averaging over his career. The goals will come, just takes time. 3.5m for a streaky player that will get you 12-20/yr is about right.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

As gets said in response to this, and I'll say it this time, every few games he will show up and play a 200ft game. Usually though he plays a zero zone game and that's the problem. And 3.5m for a 12-15 goal guy that does little else when he's out there is not good value. If he is a good third liner, then he ought to play a third line game. These days he looks like a 13th forward that comes in and takes up space because someone is injured.

Reactions: Bodit9 and JCRO

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
As gets said in response to this, and I'll say it this time, every few games he will show up and play a 200ft game. Usually though he plays a zero zone game and that's the problem. And 3.5m for a 12-15 goal guy that does little else when he's out there is not good value. If he is a good third liner, then he ought to play a third line game. These days he looks like a 13th forward that comes in and takes up space because someone is injured.
yep, getting little to nothing from

JDB, Kuraly, Wags, Smitty has gone ice cold, Bjork, need more, think the 4th line misses Nordy far more than this fan predicted they would. He was like Paille when it came to puck pursuit

Reactions: Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad