Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk III: Signs 2 Years 3.675 AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
DeBrusk's compete level is terrible right now. If they could get Palmieri and say a 3rd for him and a 5th I would do it. I think DeBrusk has some type kf issue dealing with the Kadri headshot.

Maybe see if San Jose would bite on DeBrusk and Boston's #1 for Leonard and SJ #1.
What is with your Leonard obsession? That’s the second or third time I’ve seen you advocating for him. The guy has 2 career goals. Is it just because he played at UMass?

CaperJay

Sep 27, 2016
JD74 looks like he could care less right now. Not sure what the deal is.
He's on his off wing. Every time they put him on his off wing he looks lost. They tried it a few times in the past and it never worked. The only time he hasn't looked lost over there is on the first line and that because they carried him and he simplified his game. You either got to play him on the left or flip him for a rw. We got too many left shots and someone has too sit. I think Debrusk could turn it around but only on the left if not just trade him and get what you can for him

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
What is with your Leonard obsession? That’s the second or third time I’ve seen you advocating for him. The guy has 2 career goals. Is it just because he played at UMass?

I like Leonard, but given the expansion draft, unless you
get a UFA like Palmieri, I would like to see Boston
get a shot for a lottery pick this year. A top 10 pick would be sweet.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
My take is he has above average speed and a slightly above average shot. But lacks passion and drive equaling below average effort.

No defense, no playmaking, no physicality. The other teams' scouts watch the games. He's a lesser Anthony Duclair who is a guy that had to settle for a bargain 1 year contract. About the same age. The Bruins wouldn't get much for him.

Reactions: duffy

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
Watching him skate that last few games, he is definitely floating out there. Not much urgency to his game right now.

Reactions: Baddkarma

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

John Leonard with his 3rd goal in 14 games for San Jose.
Has 3 apples to boot.

Leonard was at UMass last year so he has walked
on to an NHL roster with literally a handful of
AHL games. Would you trade Bjork straight up
for him?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Cassidy gives him the nod in the shootout. I assume to get his confidence up.. didn’t work out.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Debust is a fitting nickname. The other user came up with it

He looks scared to play the physical game

Where the hell is this version?? hibernating?

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Just a thought but could Debrusk be upset about his contract
Then he should look in the mirror. No one but himself to blame for his streaky play. Sweeney did the right thing by not overextending in terms of years. He had a streaky finish to the season and no sane GM was ever even contemplating extending an offer sheet. His agent can be delusional and talk about not wanting a hometown discount all he wants, but at the end of the day the DeBrusk camp was in no position to get a bigger deal. Props to Sweeney.

Reactions: Estlin and Bodit9

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Middle six wingers are a hole so I don't know why people are in a rush to trade the guy whos been in that role since he was 19/20?

If hes part of a deal for a significant upgrade fine.

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Middle six wingers are a hole so I don't know why people are in a rush to trade the guy whos been in that role since he was 19/20?

If hes part of a deal for a significant upgrade fine.
Agreed, although I think Sweeney ultimately deals him before the deadline for an upgrade. DeBrusk isn't a core piece or someone you build around, and he's certainly replaceable, but you definitely don't trade him just to trade him. A Virtanen or Bennett trade would fit that category. If he is not dealt at the deadline and continues to suck this year and next year then you can trade him if you know you're not going to keep him. Another exception would be if you know you're not going to protect him in the expansion draft, but I honestly think he could not register another point for the remainder of the season and they'd still protect him.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Debust is a fitting nickname. The other user came up with it

He looks scared to play the physical game

Where the hell is this version?? hibernating?

DeBrusk has forgotten how to do this, take the puck wide and use his speed to drive the net. I am waiting for him to do it again. He had two rushes tonight where he slowed down and drifted to the middle and the play died. Just baffling right now, he’s better than this.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
While people continue to rake Jake over the coals, just a friendly reminder that Krejci has ZERO goals and makes $7 million. What makes Krejci above criticism?

Reactions: Bodit9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->