Prospect Info: Jake Boltmann, D, 80th overall

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Committed to university of Minnesota for 21-22 which is terrific but where is he playing next year? USHL?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I hope this pick allows us to Cap lightning in a bottle. :)

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
IMG_20201007_124906.jpg

OH YEAH!

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
So basically there's a chance he becomes NHL star, not bad for 3rd round pick
Chances are he doesn't turn out but there are exceptions to every rule. I would bet against this one though.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Feels like another Nodler range prospect where it was kinda like, "Huh?". But Nodler had an invite to the US hockey camp thing... so maybe there's more to it?

I don't know anything about this one, but I'll trust the scouts on this one.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Never seen him play but 0.5 ppg in the USHL for a D coming straight from high school isn't too bad. Usually the guys coming from high school to play in the USHL at the end of the year have a slow adjustment.

On the flip side, 0.5 ppg in high school hockey isn't too impressive, lol.

I have no idea how he plays though, was the captain of his HS team too (according to EP).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He played HS hockey for Curt Giles at Edina High School, in arguably the best hockey town in the USA. He won a State Championship with them in 2019, which is kind of a big deal around here.

He and his older brother(D1 QB, great baseball player) are uber athletic. Father used to coach the football team, and ran(runs?) the weight room. Boltmann is strong, fast, and is simply a born athlete. I have no idea how, or if he his game will translate to the NHL. He certainly is very good at the HS level. I believe that he was one of about 7-8 players nominated for the "Mr. Hockey" award for the best HS player in MN. I have seen him play quite few times in previous years. Nothing stuck out other than that he acquitted himself well playing against guys 2-3 years older than him. Simply a good two way Dman. Like most MN players, can really skate, though I'll admit that I was surprised to see him go before Kaiser, who has fantastic wheels.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Wasted pick, nobody rated him higher than a 7th rounder, most dont even mention him. Not sure why they spent such a high pick on the guy. It would be 6 yrs before we see him if at all.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Wasted pick, nobody rated him higher than a 7th rounder, most dont even mention him. Not sure why they spent such a high pick on the guy. It would be 6 yrs before we see him if at all.

Yeah there’s decent odds he would have been able to be a training camp invitee. But, the Flames obviously liked this guy enough to acquire a pick and draft him. So we will see.

But I agree, there was many other intriguing options.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah there’s decent odds he would have been able to be a training camp invitee. But, the Flames obviously liked this guy enough to acquire a pick and draft him. So we will see.

But I agree, there was many other intriguing options.

It's Brad trevling's equivalent of feaster's the best player of the draft brain fart

The good thing is the pick was basically free

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad