Proposal: Jake Bean for Ryan Poehling [MTL-CAR] swap

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Well wouldn’t that be important to see where he is at right now? Go check him out so we can see if he’s worth it to you right now.
I dont watch random AHL games. So i obv have no opinion on Bean's play in the AHL right now.
But regardless im high on RP. So still a no even if he has improved alot.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Tatar would make more sens for Carolina ?
It would def make more sense for them for secondary scoring. But Id prefer holding on to him and then sell high on him at the TDL for preferably picks in the first round.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
What kind of defenseman is bean? Speed? Defensive play? Vision?

Haven't seen a single game of him in the AHL so far, only WHL and WJC. Wasn't that high on him in his draft year and wouldn't take him in a equivalent draft slot, but he's a solid PMD otherwise and has a decent stick defensively.

Don't think his offensive ceiling is that high though. He does a lot of things well but nothing amazing, but he has good size, can skate and move the puck well- which makes him a solid defensive prospect in itself.

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Would he? I think if I were a canes fan I would rather have the guy who's a decade younger with 6 more years of control.
Canes are looking to compete now and have enough great prospects in the pipeline such as Necas. Right now, they can barely score, i think they are what bottom 5? 10? in scoring. Tatar would be a great addition.
Edit: bottom 2. Yeah Tatar would certainly be a huge addition for them. He can play anywhere in the top 6 and is still relatively young on a very good contract (4M per for next 3 seasons; VGK retain half a million).

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Oloffson + a second for Bean?

(half joking, Oloffson hasn't raised his value above where it was a year ago)

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He’s producing well in the AHL, what would you give up for him?
I would def not be opposed to cough up assets for young Ds like him who fill a need. But preferably we give up players that are not part of our long-term rebuild such as Tatar or even Petry. But read above for me thoughts on that.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Again, in 2-3years from now, we may want Domi on the wings.

Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Domi
Suzuki-Poehling-Gallagher
Tatar-Danult-Lehkonen
Agostino-Shaw-Armia

Trade Byron whil he has value of a 40-50pts player playing with heart. @ 30+, he'll slow down and won,t be as effective. offense coming from all 3 top lines.

Keeping Byron over 30 in our top6 will be a mistake IMO. Trade him while he has a good value aroudn the league.

What is this belief that NHLers are suddenly too old once they hit 30?

Byron will be fine, he's got tons of game left in him and he offers veteran leadership to a very young group of forwards.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Canes don’t need prospects. They don’t need to make prospect for prospect trades now. Their AHL team is far and away the best in that league.

What they desperately need is a top 6 scorer now. I don’t think they’d trade Bean for a rental like Tatar, but they also have a shitload of pics coming up so most anyone of those plus a lesser prospect would be game.

For a legit scorer with term, I’d say the only things off limits are this year’s 1st, Necas and Fox. Ideally one of Hamilton/Pesce/Faulk turns into the forward they need.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Canes don’t need prospects. They don’t need to make prospect for prospect trades now. Their AHL team is far and away the best in that league.

What they desperately need is a top 6 scorer now. I don’t think they’d trade Bean for a rental like Tatar, but they also have a ****load of pics coming up so most anyone of those plus a lesser prospect would be game.

For a legit scorer with term, I’d say the only things off limits are this year’s 1st, Necas and Fox. Ideally one of Hamilton/Pesce/Faulk turns into the forward they need.
you do realize Tatar isnt a rental? Hes paid 4M from MTL for 2 more seasons after this one.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I was underwhelmed by Bean's play in the U20s as one of the older players (his last year of eligibility). And Poehling's is a better prospect. So no for me dawg.

RP is definitely the better prospect and if they make a move, it shouldn’t involve Bean. I honestly believe that Bean might be a bust.

The only reason Habs make this deal is if they have feel options if RP does not sign after college. Just stay away from Bean.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I do not see Domi sticking @ C when Poehling plays pro.

The 1C spot is probbaly Kotkaniemi's with Domi and Drouin on the wings. Poehling still has the #2C spot quite easily inf ront of Danault.

Domi is fearless and likely their MVP this season. Don’t understand why he should move to Wing? Kotk has all the tools and will remain either a 1C or 2C. RP will not be more than a 3C which is fine given the depth, but he is worth and upside is much higher than Bean.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't see the Habs doing this unless Timmins is a big fan of Bean as Poehling is looking like a lock to be an NHLer in a year or two. But it's well known the Habs badly need help at LD, both at the prospect and pro level unless one of their RD like Brook, Juulsen or Fleury can play equally as well on their off side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad