Jake Allen for playoff goalie campaign (Mod warning Post #259, Copied to OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
EastonBlues22 said:
A lot of lines are being crossed recently due to this topic. Here's two key reminders:

1) Posts made with the intention to chest-thump and/or rub something in other people's faces are considered trolling. So are posts designed to mock the opinions of others.

2) Posts that take shots at or otherwise denigrate another poster are considered flaming.

If you can't follow these two rules moving forward, you will be (at the minimum) removed from the discussion. If you can't contain yourself in multiple threads, you are flirting with a temporary forum ban.

This will be the only warning on this matter.

I will gladly be driving this train since I have been pushing for it to happen for awhile.Anyone is welcome to hop aboard and watch as Jake takes this team on a deep playoff run.

All aboard the Allen train, choo choo

kYoRVkt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
that is absolutely ridiculous. no way Allen can lead us to victory. My vote for starter goes to our top prospect, Jordan Binnington

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
Name Allen the starter and then play Ells. Maybe the team will play the better D in front of the backup.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
I think Allen is better than he's getting credit for. Actually Elliott as well goalies go through their hot and cold streaks.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Elliott is in one of his poor periods -when his fundamentals go down the tubes, and his confidence is in the toilet. I hope he breaks out of it Sunday. Allen has a lot more natural talent. But, he also is way too inconsistent (as are a lot of young players).

It's not a good choice. But Miller isn't really better enough to matter, and didn't want to play in St. Louis. Halak may have been a better choice, but he was very inconsistent as well. I think Allen has the talent to become a very good NHL starter. I'd just like to see him make that big consistency breakthrough (to that higher level), soon.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
****ing stupid, yeah make him the starter, that way I can laugh at every goal he lets up being soft, even make fun of the ones he saves, saying "well almost another terrible soft goal by Allen" like I actually seen one poster do tonight about Elliott. Why? Because at this point Allen isn't any better or any more consistent than Elliott, his numbers over 30 games started proves that. And it will be nice to flip the script when the team plays like dog **** (like the first 2 periods tonight) and leaves Allen out to dry to completely ignore that part, and just make fun of him for being bad, and calling for Elliott to get the starting job back.

Like I said ****ing stupid just like this thread.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
the elliott homers are in denial if they think allen doesnt give the team a better chance to win. guess you want to score 6 goals every night to win with elliott in the net.

elliotts last 4 starts save %, .844, .857, .813, and .750
allens last 4 starts save %, .944, .923, .920, and .1000

this isnt first grade math class guys, quite clear who is giving the blues a better chance of winning

BlueMagic

Oct 19, 2014
the elliott homers are in denial if they think allen doesnt give the team a better chance to win. guess you want to score 6 goals every night to win with elliott in the net.

elliotts last 4 starts save %, .844, .857, .813, and .750
allens last 4 starts save %, .944, .923, .920, and .1000

this isnt first grade math class guys, quite clear who is giving the blues a better chance of winning

Did you really just base your whole post and opinion off of 4 starts? It's an 82 game season and all goalies go hot and cold at times. Elliott has one of the best GAA and Save % in the league. Step back and look at the big picture.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Did you really just base your whole post and opinion off of 4 starts? It's an 82 game season and all goalies go hot and cold at times. Elliott has one of the best GAA and Save % in the league. Step back and look at the big picture.

you want to play a cold goalie for game 1 of the playoffs rather than one who is hot?

you expect to score 4 or 5 goals every game vs CHI/LA/MIN/NSH? Good luck

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
This idea seems like something the lunatic fringe would suggest simply because they personally don't have faith in Elliott...not because Allen has proven to be better in any facet of the actual game of hockey. Fortunately for the Blues, Allen will be anchored to the bench for the playoffs, unless there is an injury to Elliott, or one game gets completely out of hand. But if Allen starts even a single game of these playoffs, the train has severely jumped the tracks.

Allen is fine as a backup and seems to play his best when he's fighting for playing time and the chance to be 'the man'. But when he's actually given the chance to run with the #1 job, he fumbles it like a drunk trying to pick up a wet bar of soap off of the bathroom floor. His post-season record is disgusting, and any faith that people would blindly put in him is an indictment of their own rational thinking abilities.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
This idea seems like something the lunatic fringe would suggest simply because they personally don't have faith in Elliott...not because Allen has proven to be better in any facet of the actual game of hockey. Fortunately for the Blues, Allen will be anchored to the bench for the playoffs, unless there is an injury to Elliott, or one game gets completely out of hand. But if Allen starts even a single game of these playoffs, the train has severely jumped the tracks.

Allen is fine as a backup and seems to play his best when he's fighting for playing time and the chance to be 'the man'. But when he's actually given the chance to run with the #1 job, he fumbles it like a drunk trying to pick up a wet bar of soap off of the bathroom floor. His post-season record is disgusting, and any faith that people would blindly put in him is an indictment of their own rational thinking abilities.

Very good, solid, rational post. Unfortunately about 90% of the group that want a goalie controversy with 4 games left, will tune it out or simply flat out ignore it. Like stubborn old men/women, when they're minds made up, logic be damned, because apparently the last 4 games played is a better indicator then a actual seasons worth of work. Which is also beside the point, of when Allen was actually the starter he sucked serious ass. So much ass in fact, that despite his AMAZING :whatever: 4 most recent starts he still has a 2.40 GAA and .907Sv%.

If it was Elliott's save percentage that would be all this crowd needs to proclaim his how bad/unreliable he is. But it's not Elliott, so despite Allen's meltdowns/terrible performances in last years minor league playoff's. And despite showing he can be just as shaky and just as much of a sieve in the NHL as the AHL, it is all overlooked, until the starting job is actually Allen's.

Then they'll eventually start to turn on him, when his erratic play and weak goals continue. Honestly I could see Allen never actually getting a starting job here. I could totally see him being the backup, or in a fight for the 1a/1b spot, until Binnington or Husso blow by him. Jake's just not that great imo, his blocker side, especially lower stick side is a god damned wind tunnel. I see that always being a problem for the spastic one nicknamed the snake.

Apr 28, 2013
St. Louis
Since the All-Star break:

Elliott 12-9-1 2.69 GAA .904 SV%
Allen 7-1-2 1.99 GAA .919 SV%

I haven't looked through the game logs, so it could certainly be the case that Allen has gotten the easier starts. And I still have my doubts about Allen's inexperience and how he would hold up mentally in the playoffs. But I'm worried about Ells, and those numbers do not inspire a lot of confidence in me going into the playoffs.

rivoshy 1774

Oct 9, 2013
ontario, Can
****ing stupid, yeah make him the starter, that way I can laugh at every goal he lets up being soft, even make fun of the ones he saves, saying "well almost another terrible soft goal by Allen" like I actually seen one poster do tonight about Elliott. Why? Because at this point Allen isn't any better or any more consistent than Elliott, his numbers over 30 games started proves that. And it will be nice to flip the script when the team plays like dog **** (like the first 2 periods tonight) and leaves Allen out to dry to completely ignore that part, and just make fun of him for being bad, and calling for Elliott to get the starting job back.

Like I said ****ing stupid just like this thread.

You need to relax, you'll get what you want with Elliot starting.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
the whole easier start thing is such a joke of a excuse

last i checked, allen shut out the stars in dallas on the 2nd of back to backs. elliott let in 5 goals last night to dallas in the 2nd of back to backs.

whats that saying again, numbers dont lie? yea well the numbers have shown that allen is the goalie that deserves to start april 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad