Confirmed with Link: Jagr to Florida for 2015 2nd rounder + 2016 conditional 3rd rounder

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
2nd in a good draft year + a cond 3rd?

I really like Jagr but regarding his abilities this year, this is a really really good return for him. Lou did a good trade here for sure.

But reading Lou`s statement, that we are NOT out of the POs race and maybe add a player makes my stomach hurt...

IF we add a player, it has to be someone for the rebuild: top 6 F, young, long term

other than that, we should be a seller!!!

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think Lou's comment about not being out of the race doesn't really mean much. If he truly thought we were he wouldn't have traded Jagr to a team we would be in direct competition with for that last playoff spot.

AusDev

Jan 13, 2015
Sounds like Jagr had no say prior to being told he was heading to FLA
http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej...-neptali-jsme-jako-zbozi-ale-je-to-vyzva.html

That surprises me a little if that is the case. But I think it's a good move as far as Jagr is concerned. I said something like this on the trade board, but I think it works for two reasons. First up, he will get the chance to play the minutes he wants to play, which he wasn't getting with the Devils. He wants to be an important player, one of the go-to guys, and that honestly seems like the most important thing to him at this point. Secondly, he knows that as soon as he gets to Florida, he and the team are playing for a playoff spot each and every game. He gets his minutes and he has something to play for. Should be the best of both worlds.

Madik77

Jun 9, 2006
Anyone from Czech Republic that can translate this article?

In general, Jagr seems to be quite surprised (in negative way). Unfortunately I don´t have enough time to translate it.

But there is a link on the interview with Jagrs agent in the article and he confirmed that the situation with Oates "played some role in all of this".

Camille the Eel

I will miss him anyway, for the heroic season last year. In all of pro sports, going back to the 1960's, I really can't think of an analogy for what he did last season at 42 years old. He was the best player on the team; the most entertaining guy; what a competitor. And in my mind I see him at the very end of the season, the Devils one goal down and the goalie pulled, and he is on his knees on the ice before a face off, totally blown.

So Thank You Jagr. Godspeed and Good Fortune.

As for the report that Lou didn't give him say in this, well that Sucks.

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
i believe this is the most any team has ever gotten out of a trade for Jagr, congrats! Penguins to caps = 3 crap prospects
caps to rangers = anson carter
Stars to Bruins = 2nd round pick and 2 prospects
Devils to Florida = 2nd + 3rd round pick

Could you say that is the best trade in his history?

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
i believe this is the most any team has ever gotten out of a trade for Jagr, congrats! Penguins to caps = 3 crap prospects
caps to rangers = anson carter
Stars to Bruins = 2nd round pick and 2 prospects
Devils to Florida = 2nd + 3rd round pick

Could you say that is the best trade in his history?

Who were the prospects?

EDIT: Nevermind you could make the argument yes

Here is a list of all the Jagr trades:

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_player/Jagr,Jaromir

GhostofKenKlee

Best part of the Jagr trade is you can stop reading awful proposals from Penguins fans for Scuderi for Jagr...SMDH...

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Jagr would be "happy as a Panther" if they somehow made the playoffs.

Doubt he's happy at the moment, though.

-Lou called me and said "you're going to Florida"
-He knew about Florida's interest. They tried to get him last year.
-"You can't choose where you go and not everyone can afford you because of salary cap etc"
-"I think they'll expect me to produce immediately. We'll see"
-"I don't have a problem with going to Florida"
-Journalist: "Wouldn't you have rather gone elsewhere?". Jagr: "I couldn't choose, don't you get it? I can't say whether I'm bothered. I have a contract. Somebody acquired and they can do with me whatever they want."

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I will miss him anyway, for the heroic season last year. In all of pro sports, going back to the 1960's, I really can't think of an analogy for what he did last season at 42 years old. He was the best player on the team; the most entertaining guy; what a competitor. And in my mind I see him at the very end of the season, the Devils one goal down and the goalie pulled, and he is on his knees on the ice before a face off, totally blown.

So Thank You Jagr. Godspeed and Good Fortune.

As for the report that Lou didn't give him say in this, well that Sucks.

Have to respect what Jagr did for the Devils last year.

As far as him not having a say in where he goes, I think that may have a lot to do with how he handled the situation. If he would’ve talked with Lou privately and expressed his disappointment with the reduced ice team, his role with the team or wanting to go to a playoff contender, I’m sure Lou would’ve maybe asked about his preferences and tried to accommodate him a bit more. Instead, Jagr moped to the media and apparently didn’t give it his all in the games (though honestly, I haven’t watched them in a while) – likely hurting his trade value a bit and giving Lou the incentive to just take the best deal and run without much consideration for what was best for JJ.

Also, if it was that big of a deal, JJ could’ve gotten a no trade clause with his contract, though he might’ve had to leave some $$ on the table to do so.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I think Lou's comment about not being out of the race doesn't really mean much. If he truly thought we were he wouldn't have traded Jagr to a team we would be in direct competition with for that last playoff spot.

It's a case where he cannot in any case ever say 'yeah, my team is out of it' - because they aren't out of it until they are. It doesn't serve any purpose to say anything different from exactly what he said.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I could care less about Jagr and the way he may have been treated...

For gripes sake did anyone see how Marty, a 22 year veteran of 1 team and the face of the franchise for a generation was swept by the wayside? And we care how Jagr was treated why?

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I could care less about Jagr and the way he may have been treated...

For gripes sake did anyone see how Marty, a 22 year veteran of 1 team and the face of the franchise for a generation was swept by the wayside? And we care how Jagr was treated why?

Not me, this something I've been waiting for Lou to do for awhile. Plus another 40 year old starts *****ing and moaning about playing time, it's time for them to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad