Confirmed with Link: Jagr to Florida for 2015 2nd rounder + 2016 conditional 3rd rounder

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Jagr on Lou and the trade:

Jaromir Jagr debuts with Florida Panthers, 'shocked' by trade because Devils kept him out of loop

"I felt if there was any offers (the Devils) would come to me and say, 'Where do you want to go?'" Jagr told Saturday in a news conference after debuting for the Panthers in a 5-3 win over the Buffalo Sabres in Sunrise, Fla. "But from what I understand, the (Panthers') offer was so good for (Lamoriello that) he had to say yes. So he didn't even ask me. So it was kind of shock for me."

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2015/02/jaromir_jagr_debuts_with_florida_panthers_shocked.html

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Jagr "shocked" about as much as Tommy Boy was that the door fell off at the gas station when Richard came back from paying.

"what'd you do???"

Gripes about ice time to media, says everything possible asking for a trade without going to Lou directly then feigns being stunned that he was moved. LOL Whatever.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
Jagr "shocked" about as much as Tommy Boy was that the door fell off at the gas station when Richard came back from paying.

"what'd you do???"

Gripes about ice time to media, says everything possible asking for a trade without going to Lou directly then feigns being stunned that he was moved. LOL Whatever.

I think he was mostly shocked that Lou sent him to the Panthers of all places :laugh:

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Love the guy, but when he doesn't get things his way he gets way too passively aggressively whiny. He's always been that way though so at least it's consistent.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Wow. What a change of fortune for Jagr!

9 last Devils games: 0 points
16 games with Florida: 14 points

Thanks to Lou for removing Jagr from Oates fridge!
---
Devils got a nice draft picks and Jagr got young again and has probably earned himself a new contract next year. Great trade for everyone! The line Jagr plays on time looks great.

Now, if Jagr only could get 1800 points and pass Oates on the all time assist list before retiring - that would be icing on the cake!
---
I miss some of the classy Devils fans, best of luck to New Jersey!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I only care if it's a good trade for NJ.
And that will depend on Lou, Conte and the scouting clubhouse.

We were not making the playoffs with Jagr, so at the moment it's a good trade for NJD since there is potential that a player (s) drafted could turn into impact players.

If the trade works out for Florida, good for them, but it's not our concern.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The question is does Jagr's SUDDEN increase in production provide a further indictment of Oates, or Jagr himself getting more apathetic in his last weeks here? Probably more the former but either way he's showing he still had something left after all. Of course there's also the fact he's surrounded with more youth and talent in Florida too lol

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
The question is does Jagr's SUDDEN increase in production provide a further indictment of Oates, or Jagr himself getting more apathetic in his last weeks here? Probably more the former but either way he's showing he still had something left after all. Of course there's also the fact he's surrounded with more youth and talent in Florida too lol

Probably a bit of everything. Jagr looked apathetic his last couple of weeks here, Oates didn't give him as much ice time as prior (so that would hurt point production), Oates does have some bizarre ideas that Jagr might not be willing to listen to as a future first ballot HoF member himself, and in Florida I think Jagr has developed good chemisty with some of their younger players. Everything mixed together most likely accounts for Jagr's low point total in NJ after the coaching change and his burst of productivity.

Basically, I'm not really sold on Oates as the next head coach, but I wouldn't use the Jagr situation to indict him, because there are so many other factors that intersect and come into play, and I don't blame Jagr too much since we got a nice bundle of picks in trading him and overall good production from him while he was here.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
If Oates is resigned you don't want other players taking that same mentality. I'm worried that Elias already has. But he did have a down season.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Oh, believe me, I don't want Oates around as head coach next season. I just wouldn't blame him solely for the Jagr situation, which I think has many factors involved. There are a slew of other reasons why I don't want Oates as head coach, though.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have no problem with what Oates has done here (aside from the Jägr thing) but his time in Washington was horrendous.

And people tried to tell me Jägr was done, I knew he wasn't though. He probably has another year at least of being a pretty good NHL player.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Oates has a string of messing up forwards at this point, and I really disagree with his whole 'play the stick side' thing. He's too rigid about it. He forces players to adapt to his system instead of allowing for some compromise. Not everyone can, or should be, treated the same in that situation.

I was a HUGE fan of his, but not after two stints here and what he did in WAS.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Bit of both, and maybe some health as well. He didn't really start the season under Pete doing that great either, and he was becoming more and more prone to bad penalties and turnovers.

Its hard to tell if this is just one last burst of steam, or something that can continue into another season though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad