Confirmed with Link: Jagr to Florida for 2015 2nd rounder + 2016 conditional 3rd rounder

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Jagr to Florida for 2015 2nd/2016 3rd

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman now11 seconds ago
Jagr to FLA in exchange for Florida’s second-round draft pick in 2015 and a conditional third-round draft pick in 2016

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Gotta love the Devils breaking their own trade. Classic Lou.

A better return than I thought, and for those who worried Lou wouldn't cash out, well trading Jagr to a team we're 'competing with' for a playoff spot is definitely a cash out deal.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Lou did work on that one. no complaints.

THATS what you do with guys on 1 year deals if they arent working out.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Pretty much what he was worth at this point. He did us no favors by seemingly mailing it the past few weeks, but it could just be father time catching up. I'm not sure if this signals Lou is "selling" or he just agreed with what Jagr said and there's no point in him being here anymore.

Either way good return on a guy who wasn't coming back, I like it!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I knew it was his last game as a Devils yesterday evening.
Had that gut feeling.

Good return our way, wonder what the condition is for the 3rd.

Now, we want to root against Florida the rest of the season to get as good a draft pick as possible.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Pretty much what he was worth at this point. He did us no favors by seemingly mailing it the past few weeks, but it could just be father time catching up. I'm not sure if this signals Lou is "selling" or he just agreed with what Jagr said and there's no point in him being here anymore.

Either way good return on a guy who wasn't coming back, I like it!

When you trade him to a team directly competing with you that's selling :laugh:

And I was worried Jagr'd played his value down to at best a conditional two...thankfully that wasn't the case.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I don't think this was about "selling".

I think it was about getting rid of a guy who was mouthing off to the press.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I knew it was his last game as a Devils yesterday evening.
Had that gut feeling.

Good return our way, wonder what the condition is for the 3rd.

Now, we want to root against Florida the rest of the season to get as good a draft pick as possible.

THe condition is the higher of Florida's third-rounders.

New Jersey Devils ‏@NHLDevils 7m7 minutes ago
#NJDevils acquire Florida’s 2nd-rd pick in 2015 & New Jersey's option of Florida or Minnesota’s 3rd-rd selection in 2016 for Jaromir Jagr.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m3 minutes ago
No salary retained in Jagr deal. Condition on third round pick is that Devils decide which of two third round picks Panthers have they want

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
When you trade him to a team directly competing with you that's selling :laugh:

And I was worried Jagr'd played his value down to at best a conditional two...thankfully that wasn't the case.

True, but maybe Florida had the best return? It's not like we're going to rue this trade in a few years, he's done after this season and seemingly done already.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m3 minutes ago
No salary retained in Jagr deal. Condition on third round pick is that Devils decide which of two third round picks Panthers have they want

Very nice, solid stuff on the choice of the 3rd rounder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad