Jagr a Devil Part II: May be an Alien Edition

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
He had plenty of moody moments earlier in his career, but with the Devils he's been the happy savant.

Imagine if the Devils didn't give him the minutes he wants? He basically waited for Kovalchuk to leave for him to sign with the team anyways.

He wants to be to go-to-guy and I think surrounding him with Czechs will make him even happier.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
gFMGqnE.jpg

Feb 16, 2013
NJ
If Jagr has an 80 point season ...

Well, I will be surprised lets just say that...

Because in order for Jagr to do 80 Zajac will have to be in 60+ range, probably more like 65-ish..again I would be very surprised.

And if Jagr scores 80 points we will have the best regular season we've had in a while.

I don't really see it happening, not saying impossible but very unlikely.

Well if henrique was on the top line last season jagr might have had over 80 points who knows ?

Feb 16, 2013
NJ
Imagine if the Devils didn't give him the minutes he wants? He basically waited for Kovalchuk to leave for him to sign with the team anyways.

He wants to be to go-to-guy and I think surrounding him with Czechs will make him even happier.

Kovy was never the guy on jersey's team very happy he bolted to the khl jagr fits like a glove here .

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Kovy was never the guy on jersey's team very happy he bolted to the khl jagr fits like a glove here .

I'd love to have both...imagine what Kovalchuk could do spending all that time in the offensive zone with Zajac and Jagr cycling for him? Or imagine Jagr getting to play with Elias and Henrique on the second line, while Kovy soaks up the toughest minutes?

Madik77

Jun 9, 2006
One of the latest Jagr´s interview before leaving Czech republic:

http://hokej.idnes.cz/hokej-nhl-jaromir-jagr-rozhovor-dn6-/nhl.aspx?c=A140910_165545_nhl_cig

Summary

- He thinks he won´t have top form at the beginning.
- He believes that he is still able to be key player and difference maker.
- Jagr thinks that Devils are better team after this summer and that it is the key thing.
- About Havlat: Jagr thinks that he did not have the role he needed in SJS. He thinks that it will be different with Devils and that it is well-advised move by Lou.
- About Kaberle: another good move by Lou. He thinks that Kaberle has good shot to make the team. Surprised Jagr in Sochi.
- About future: Jagr does not think about it. Loves hockey and want to play as long as possible on top level - which is NHL.
- About coaching: to be a manager in the office is not probably his focus. He would like to be on the bench some time but maybe not as a head coach but some kind of advisor (assistent coach?).

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
I'd love to have both...imagine what Kovalchuk could do spending all that time in the offensive zone with Zajac and Jagr cycling for him? Or imagine Jagr getting to play with Elias and Henrique on the second line, while Kovy soaks up the toughest minutes?

Jagr still wants the tough minutes.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
One of the latest Jagr´s interview before leaving Czech republic:

http://hokej.idnes.cz/hokej-nhl-jaromir-jagr-rozhovor-dn6-/nhl.aspx?c=A140910_165545_nhl_cig

Summary

- He thinks he won´t have top form at the beginning.
- He believes that he is still able to be key player and difference maker.
- Jagr thinks that Devils are better team after this summer and that it is the key thing.
- About Havlat: Jagr thinks that he did not have the role he needed in SJS. He thinks that it will be different with Devils and that it is well-advised move by Lou.
- About Kaberle: another good move by Lou. He thinks that Kaberle has good shot to make the team. Surprised Jagr in Sochi.
- About future: Jagr does not think about it. Loves hockey and want to play as long as possible on top level - which is NHL.
- About coaching: to be a manager in the office is not probably his focus. He would like to be on the bench some time but maybe not as a head coach but some kind of advisor (assistent coach?).

He is saying this because he didn't train as hard as he has been in previous summers.He has been training two hours a day and then doing a lot of managerial work for his Kladno team instead of training for five hours. I think this might actually help him, less strain on his body before the season starts, he actually looks trimmer which means he might be a bit quicker. He trains hard during the year anyways so I think he will be ok, especially down the stretch. Remember last season he missed all of training camp and preseason. This year hopefully he won't and will be ready for opening night. He looked awful in last year's opening night and for the first 8 games or so.

Last edited:

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
oh snap

"I want to play until 50, maybe more," Jagr told NorthJersey.com Thursday on the opening day of training camp.

"I don't think that way," Jagr told Tom Gulitti. "I love the game. What I want to tell you is I don't know if it's going to be the last year in the NHL. If I stay healthy, it's not going to be my last year in hockey. I want to play until 50, maybe more. But I want to play in the NHL if I'm good enough. I don't want to just be here just to be here.

"But the longer you play in the NHL, the better challenge you get for yourself. You're facing the best players in the world. So if I'm good enough to play in this League, I want to do it. If I'm not, I'm going to play somewhere else. But you have to stay healthy and you have to stay motivated and you have to love the game. So that's what I do. That's what I love."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=31693&navid=nhl:topheads

he be going for #2 in goals and assists!

-----------
and another

In fact, Jagr predicted that this season he would have even better stats than than he did in 2013-14 when he led the Devils in points and assists while finishing second with 24 goals in 82 games.

Coach Pete DeBoer doesn’t expect a drop-off.

“I expect the same thing,” DeBoer said Thursday as Devils veterans underwent physicals at Prudential Center. “I don’t see him dropping off. My expectation is we’re going to get the same game we got out of him last year and we’ll need that.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/..._jaromir_jagr_i_want_to_play_until_im_50.html

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Great quote from Jagr

“I do it on my own,” he said. “I’ve never had a trainer in my life. I don’t really believe in trainers. It’s not that I don’t believe (in them). I think they can get you ready for the season, but what about if they’re not with you during the season? So, I’ve always believed you have to motivate yourself. If there’s somebody pushing you, it’s great, but he’s not going to push you during the hockey game. He’s not going to be sitting next to you on the bench. That’s a trick you have to learn on your own because you need to be tough in the game, not in practices.”

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
So you're saying ESPN is out of touch with the hockey world? Shocking...:laugh:

Apparently yesterday ESPN said something like "fairwell to Jagr's retirement" meaning he's not planning on retiring anytime soon, I didn't see it, but read it on another thread
ESPN is whack when it comes to hockey for-sure, this sent a lot of Jagr fans into a frenzy !

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
If Jagr remains healthy, I feel more confident than I did even 2 months ago that he will surpass 70 Pts rather easily.

I won't be surprised if he pushes 80 Pts this season. I could see him scoring around 30 goals but with an improved first line and powerplay (Cammalleri will help a lot), I could see Jagr push 50 + assists.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Happy trails is part of their schtick. If it was just a happy trails Jagr it would have been a retirement, but since it was Happy trails Jagr retirement it's saying he's not planning to retire anytime soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad