Confirmed with Link: Jagr a Devil (1 year, $2.0M base, $2.0M bonuses)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What was kind of hilarious yesterday is reading in one of Chere's articles that Jagr thinks one of the reasons he's had a tough time scoring goals is his stick company went out of business before the season so he's been getting used to new ones. He's been very good otherwise though.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think Jagr has been great. He's obviously way slower then he used to be. But he's still putting up points, and is creating chances pretty consistently.

Very good signing.

Semak

The length of his reach is crazy to me, I've never seen anything like it. He's like an octopus

You know, I thought the same thing last night:laugh: At one point he was exiting the zone and a Bruins player tried a short cross ice pass and out of no where Jagr's stick came out from behind him and tipped it. Eyes on the back of his head too.

Jedi

Jul 20, 2010
North Jersey
I loved the Jagr signing, especially at only $2 million for a guy who over the last two seasons (118 games) had a 60 point pace for 82 games. I was expecting 50 points from his this year and looks like he should get that pretty easy.

Also the guy is still a puck possession beast, so hard to knock him off the puck even at his age.
I hope he can reach the 700 goal mark. Now that would be cool!
That would indeed be awesome to see him get 700 in a Devils uni. Definitely doable too - especially if he gets used to his new sticks :laugh:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I loved the Jagr signing, especially at only $2 million for a guy who over the last two seasons (118 games) had a 60 point pace for 82 games. I was expecting 50 points from his this year and looks like he should get that pretty easy.

Also the guy is still a puck possession beast, so hard to knock him off the puck even at his age.

That would indeed be awesome to see him get 700 in a Devils uni. Definitely doable too - especially if he gets used to his new sticks :laugh:

with the bonuses he'll get 4M

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Jagr should have done the SALUTE yesterday, dissapointing really :rant:

Wulfgar

Feb 28, 2012
"Salute after goals? Not any more...I am too old for it..." Jagr said in his regular chat with readers of Czech daily Sport. More tomorrow.
per @zdenek_janda

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
When Jagr used to do the salute, he did it usually when he scored a nice or highlight reel worth goal, he didn't do it after after every goal.

Then in his last season 2 seasons with the Penguins he changed his goal celebration and did a two-finger kiss to the sky as a tribute to his grandfathers just like how the salute was also a tribute.

If Lou even allowed him to do the salute, only if Jagr were to get on a real roll and score 30 + goals, will we see him bust out the salute.

As he said, for the past 2 seasons, he was content with just being part of a team but now he has the "cockiness back and wants to be the best again", so who knows.

guyincognito

Mar 21, 2007
There's this place called youtube where you can check video from the past. He hasn't been doing it for awhile.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
skip to 1:20

Then why didn't he salute in Boston last year? I think he's grown out of it per his comments above more than Lou forbids it. His reply seems more one of his typical joking remarks that have been in abundance this year to the media.

Probably getting more humble as he slows down with age and Mike Rupp mocking him probably helped a bit too.

The Boston media asked him when he would do it too - and he didn't.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/video/8744964-when-will-jagr-break-out-the-salute-with-bruins/

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
There is a great picture of Jagr celebrating his goal last night on the cover of today's Star Ledger sports section.

Go buy a copy, $1, at your favorite newsstand.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
13674725-mmmain.jpg

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
Jagr stopped the salute a long long time ago. The only reason he did it for the flyers was because the team teased him about it and jagr was having the time of his life that year. Jagr loves to have fun, and when his team is winning and everything is going right THEN you MAY see the salute, if his teammates have teased him enough about it. The beginning of the Flyers season was just too magical for Jagr to not do it.

It sadly is probably not going to happen.

Regarding Jagr, its clear that he wants to be the go to guy. I had a feeling he would want this after he signed here. You can't trust anything Jagr says.. he says he wants to be a team player but i can almost guarantee you he thinks he still has what it takes to get it done on his own. He is still cocky & confident and hopefully he can stay healthy so us Jagr fans can enjoy this even longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad