News Article: Jacques & Nathan Beaulieu each charged with 2 counts of assault

Go Habs Go

May 23, 2002
Mississauga
www.fanhome.com
If it were that serious the media wouldve riled you guys up to crucify them by now. The fact that they haven't been portrayed as monsters with fangs and claws means there's nothing interesting to report

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Ouch! So they're saying clearly that they are firing him because of this incident. They did not try to mask it with another motive. Must be more serious than I thought...

Where in the world do you get this??

http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/05/3...ing-and-general-manager-duties-with-the-sting

When asked if the firing had anything to do with Beaulieu's arrest, Ciccarelli answered, “No,†and reiterated it also was not because of his on-ice performance but declined to comment further on his reasons for dismissing the coach.

That isn't what is being said at all. Completely unrelated to the arrest, a different incident occurred, obviously upsetting enough to ownership to dismiss him.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Where in the world do you get this??

http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/05/3...ing-and-general-manager-duties-with-the-sting

When asked if the firing had anything to do with Beaulieu's arrest, Ciccarelli answered, “No,” and reiterated it also was not because of his on-ice performance but declined to comment further on his reasons for dismissing the coach.

That isn't what is being said at all. Completely unrelated to the arrest, a different incident occurred, obviously upsetting enough to ownership to dismiss him.
Might not have had anything to do with the actual arrest, or maybe he didn't want to field more questions on the subject. No one can ever know why he was fired except management.

But like I said, maybe they don't care that he got arrested, but maybe he wont be able to coach the team if jail time or something is involved. No one knows how serious it is.

Hopefully the Habs can work with Nathan. I'd hate to see another situation similar to Hainsey where we let go of a promising defenceman because of off ice issues and he makes a good career somewhere else.
Let's just hope its not too serious. If it is, they might not need to give up on him, they might have too depending a conviction.

If it's serious enough to warrant a conviction, Beaulieu will need to wait a specified amount of time before he can be granted a pardon to cross the border (to my knowledge).

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
You guys are freaking out because of this one incident? Worse things have happened to professional athletes that didn't affect their careers. As long as Nathan continues to play hockey, he'll be alright. Let's move on.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
I imagine that the Canadiens brass has had some serious discussion with Nathan regarding this incident. They will help him get through it but in return for that support he will have to show that he is committed to reforming his attitude. Hopefully the light goes on for him and he realizes what is required and expected.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
strike me as a case where the father is way to present in his son's development and life. The day Nathan is going to mature faster is the day his father will take a step back and allow his son to find his own way. What kind of example does he give to his son. what a nutcase.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
Maybe Carey Price can ask him for pointers on how to go buy groceries without being scared now that Beaulieu is a hardened criminal...

:sarcasm:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Maybe Carey Price can ask him for pointers on how to go buy groceries without being scared now that Beaulieu is a hardened criminal...

:sarcasm:

Maybe Habs fans can give them law advice since they appear to be experts with the cap, player management, coaching strategies, sports psychology and drafting.

Analyzer*

Maybe Habs fans can give them law advice since they appear to be experts with the cap, player management, coaching strategies, sports psychology and drafting.

Not to mention a hit with the ladies.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
If it were that serious the media wouldve riled you guys up to crucify them by now. The fact that they haven't been portrayed as monsters with fangs and claws means there's nothing interesting to report

One more D man with claws and fangs would fit in well on the habs blueline.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
Latest n8 the gr8 tweet:

@natebeaulieu: Happy Father's Day. Been through a lot with the old man ahaha... Wouldn't change a thing

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Latest n8 the gr8 tweet:

@natebeaulieu: Happy Father's Day. Been through a lot with the old man ahaha... Wouldn't change a thing

Good on him.

We don't know anything about what happened. Odds are these two bums crossed the line, Jacques went bonkers and Nate got involved in the fight. If it's what happened, judging from Beaulieu's fighting abilities, it's pretty easy to guess who came out on top.

The two "victims" probably felt like getting revenge, and filed a complaint against Nate and his dad.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Good on him.

We don't know anything about what happened. Odds are these two bums crossed the line, Jacques went bonkers and Nate got involved in the fight. If it's what happened, judging from Beaulieu's fighting abilities, it's pretty easy to guess who came out on top.

The two "victims" probably felt like getting revenge, and filed a complaint against Nate and his dad.

The best response to this for Beaulieu would be to work hard and crack the habs lineup and prove that incident was just an obstacle he overcame to reach his goal. Kind of cheesy but sometimes its little obstacles like that, that give you the small push or motivation you need to keep going.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Latest n8 the gr8 tweet:

Well, gotta look at it from Nathan's viewpoint I guess. What good son wouldn't help his dad in a fight? Especially a drunk fight!

There you go, happy father's day HFboards! This should be the official thread for it.

On a different note I'm extremely satisfied RDS and sports media here aren't making a huge story out of it. Few Habs fans actually know this is happening, its good for Nathan's career in Montreal. I hope he appreciates, I'm sure Bergevin certainly does.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
We don't know anything about what happened.

Odds are these two bums crossed the line, Jacques went bonkers and Nate got involved in the fight. If it's what happened, judging from Beaulieu's fighting abilities, it's pretty easy to guess who came out on top.

I think Higgs 1 has it right ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad