Confirmed with Link: Jacques Martin named Special Assistant to the Head Coach

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Same here. But we've become a board that *****es about everything. Next topic to crap all over is Letang and the fact that his son's lapels are way too wide for his bespoke suit.

They made up a title for a position that will have literally zero impact - positively or negatively - on how this team performs going forward. I don't care where ownership spends its money as long as it doesn't affect the cap, but I just find it hilarious how they find it even worth mentioning, as if they're trying to tell us that they have some master plan going forward and that JM is just a part of the bigger picture.

I'm sorry, but stuff like this has amateur hour written all over it.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I should note I don't think many of us are mad. I think we all find it a little hilarious that they had to come up with a title because babysitter doesn't seen professional enough.

Pretty much. This board loves to complain about people complaining even when they aren't complaining. :laugh:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
They made up a title for a position that will have literally zero impact - positively or negatively - on how this team performs going forward. I don't care where ownership spends its money as long as it doesn't affect the cap, but I just find it hilarious how they find it even worth mentioning, as if they're trying to tell us that they have some master plan going forward and that JM is just a part of the bigger picture.

I'm sorry, but stuff like this has amateur hour written all over it.

Again, there are people paid to write articles for the website. It really shouldn't bother you that they are doing their job.

Would you prefer that they stuck to "Ian Cole Recaps Game of Thrones Finale" articles over the summer instead of trying to provide hockey related content?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=771104

To the angry/sarcastic/pissed off over nothing ones, did you even bother to read it?

I don't understand what this fuss is all about.

Guaranteed they didn't. They basically realized that the role Dupuis had, had some merit to it but they needed someone with some actual coaching pedigree and so with Pascal being healthy again and Martin basically being paid to do nothing, they're not utilizing him and his knowledge. As their eye in the sky. It's a positive thing and some how, people spun it into a negative. I mean...only here.

But don't let that get in the way of the piss fest that is our board.

crossicepass

Sep 7, 2008
Guaranteed they didn't. They basically realized that the role Dupuis had, had some merit to it but they needed someone with some actual coaching pedigree and so with Pascal being healthy again and Martin basically being paid to do nothing, they're not utilizing him and his knowledge. As their eye in the sky. It's a positive thing and some how, people spun it into a negative. I mean...only here.

But don't let that get in the way of the piss fest that is our board.

Another way to put this: The Pens paid the guy to do nothing (your words) last year. Of course, he did a lot more than that, but now he's going to do what he did last year AND take over the Dupuis role this coming season. Which begs the question: Why did rudderlessford wait till now to put an Adams winner, former head coach and GM where he should've been all of last year, not just the final weeks of the season? What, they didn't serve warm cookies up in the box and Jacques is a warm cookie man?

No. They screwed up. Again.

Recognizing vigorous incompetence has 0 to do with 'piss-fest--only here'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad