Value of: Jacob Trouba (Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
DeAngelo would die if he fought ryan reeves he can’t stand up against a top end fighter.
He destroys guys who are way out of his weight class, he has a strong case for best pound for pound fighter in the NHL.

He’s not going to WIN against the top 5 best fighters in the league but he has the heart of a lion and would fight anyone including Reaves to stand up for a teammate. He fought Ross Johnston even though he obviously wasn’t going to win, who is probably the next toughest guy in the league after Reaves. And he’s 6 inches taller & 55lbs heavier than DeAngelo. Tony has some of the biggest balls in the league

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
He destroys guys who are way out of his weight class, he has a strong case for best pound for pound fighter in the NHL.

He’s not going to WIN against the top 5 best fighters in the league but he has the heart of a lion and would fight anyone including Reaves to stand up for a teammate. He fought Ross Johnston even though he obviously wasn’t going to win, who is probably the next toughest guy in the league after Reaves. And he’s 6 inches taller & 55lbs heavier than DeAngelo. Tony has some of the biggest balls in the league

Ohh my Ryan Johansson isn’t a top 5 fighter wow. Alex Ovechkin would murder DeAngelo and I’d even say a 20 year old Svechnikov would drop DeAngelo. Heavyweights luke Reeves, Kassian, Chara ( reach ), Watson, Engalland, Matt Martin, Wilson, Brown, Etc would all rag doll him.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Ohh my Ryan Johansson isn’t a top 5 fighter wow. Alex Ovechkin would murder DeAngelo and I’d even say a 20 year old Svechnikov would drop DeAngelo. Heavyweights luke Reeves, Kassian, Chara ( reach ), Watson, Engalland, Matt Martin, Wilson, Brown, Etc would all rag doll him.
Ross Johnston. Not Ryan Johansson LOL
Guys on your list are more afraid of him than Tony was, look at Wilson cowering in fear

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Ross Johnston. Not Ryan Johansson LOL
Guys on your list are more afraid of him than Tony was, look at Wilson cowering in fear

Wilson didn’t even drop the gloves wasn’t fair at all but Ross would most likely win. Reaves Would beat Johnsson tho

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Nothing wrong, not damaged goods. Overpaid by a mil and half that is it.
The issue is NYR have
1) elcs->rfas in 2-3 yrs
and
2) expect $ raise for Zib in 3 yrs.

If we got market value for him recognizing he is outstanding RD based on play in 'peg and is
a) in need of correct partner
b) recovering from nonsense of Ruff D system

and were able to repurpose good value into cheaper futures, that is preferable and works.

If not, we keep and work around that.

Agree w/all of this, except while it could be longer, I expect Schenider to be at least 1 full yr min but maybe ready as little as 2.
What’s Trouba’s value right now? Is it more than what Vegas got for Schmidt? Maybe in the current market Trouba is only worth a third?
Would a Trouba for Drouin deal be fair to both teams?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What’s Trouba’s value right now? Is it more than what Vegas got for Schmidt? Maybe in the current market Trouba is only worth a third?
Would a Trouba for Drouin deal be fair to both teams?

Trouba is unavailable due to temporary NMC unless he waives.
That changes down the road but stands for now.
Presumably he only waives for DET

Other ?s are moot and not interested in moving him unless it is with signif + including Chytil and we are getting Seider +.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Other ?s are moot and not interested in moving him unless it is with signif + including Chytil and we are getting Seider +.
Well Trouba isn’t returning that kind of value, and if the Rangers expect that type of return Trouba will finish this contract in the Big Apple.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
$8m against the cap for six more years, full no-move clause and has already refused to play in almost every market when he was traded last time...nothing is moving him atm...

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
There is a useful quote in an episode of the original Star Trek.
It is to the effect:
It was easier for civilized men to act like barbarians than
for barbarians to act like civilized men.

When I am taken to task on what is a matter of subjective opinion, and then am vindicated as a matter of fact, I will not be told by you or anyone else to be silent.
Dude you can high ground whatever you want. your post history, and trade suggestions show you are f***ing clueless.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
I bet he has a bounce-back year. Still not worth that contract, but he’ll be better. It can’t be easy to go from #3/4 defenseman in Winnipeg to presumed #1 in NYC. Those are vastly different roles, locations, and expectations. That would challenge anyone.

Edit: That being said, trade him for Klingberg with NYR retaining no more than $2M, and I’d be for it as a Stars fan. NYR would get the better player in Klingberg for 2 more years at effectively the same cost, and Dallas would get a “lesser Klingberg” but with longer-term cost-certainty.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I bet he has a bounce-back year. Still not worth that contract, but he’ll be better. It can’t be easy to go from #3/4 defenseman in Winnipeg to presumed #1 in NYC. Those are vastly different roles, locations, and expectations. That would challenge anyone.

Edit: That being said, trade him for Klingberg with NYR retaining no more than $2M, and I’d be for it as a Stars fan. NYR would get the better player in Klingberg for 2 more years at effectively the same cost, and Dallas would get a “lesser Klingberg” but with longer-term cost-certainty.
It can’t happen. The rangers if many fans haven’t noticed want to be harder to play against. They want their defensemen to be big mobile and have attitude to protect their goalies. Trouba fits that to a T. Look at the players we draft, Schneider, big mobile nasty, Lundqvist big mobile and although he Isn’t as mean as Jake or Schneider he doesn’t shy away from contact, same with K’Andre Miller. Lindgren is mobile and nasty. Fox is just a beast at both ends of the ice, he’s the exemption. And DeAngelo even though he’s an offensive D is one of the nastiest sob’s in the league. He will drop the gloves with players much bigger then him and he plays a rough game even though he’s an offensive D-man. He at least walks and talks like he’s got the biggest swinging D on the ice. I hope a little of that rubs off on Fox TBH. But you see the pattern right? Many fans don’t. Rangers have an absolute gem in shesty and a pretty damn good back up in georgi. They want that investment protected. You build championships from net out. NYR is doing a good job of that. Looks at the blues D when they won, or Boston. Very large and mobile ( besides 1 or 2 guys that are offensive D) able to protect the net and eat minutes. Will they get beat once and a while? Sure that’s what happens when you’re playing the best in the world night in and night out but what you don’t want is other teams thinking they own your crease and taking liberties at your goaltender or your young guys. Klingberg can’t replicate what trouba is to ny. And that’s not a shot at klinggy. He’s a phenomenal player but not the mold of D they continue to stockpile in their system. Especially when Fox and DeAngelo play a similar game to klingberg

Reactions: bernmeister

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
It was a bad first year, but I don’t blame him entirely as the D overall was atrocious. The problem is I don’t know who we have that can fit as a top LD to pair with him. Skjei was such a disappointment last year for us and Brendan Smith, well enough said.
It should be K’Andre Miller if he can make the jump mid year. Trouba played his best with josh morrissey who is a mobile good decision making D-man. I see many of the same qualities is miller’s game to morrissey. Both are not overly physical but don’t shy away from contact, they both move the puck quick. K’Andre needs to work on his timing a little but I see many parallels in their games. I believe he would be the best partner for trouba and take his game up a notch so he can depend on a reliable partner when the going gets tough. Not freaking smith or Johnson. I could see trouba paired with DeAngelo until Miller is ready to make the jump. That would also give the rangers a look and see how well Tony can play the left side. When trouba was paired with Lindgren they were pretty damn good for those 6-7 games. That’s the exact type of partner he needs. You just hate to break up that Lindgren Fox pairing

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008

Long-term retention at that kind of figure just isn't viable. (This is just a general comment, not necessarily directed at you, as it seems to be brought up often with high-salaried players on long-term contracts)

The only real precedent for such a thing was the Kessel deal, which was a smaller amount and for a player Toronto wanted to get off the roster at any cost. And I'd bet they'd love a redo

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Well you just sit right on that phone for 7 years. That's Trouba's contract, right? Just don't worry about that dialtone on the other end. Detroit will certainly get back to you at a time that is convenient for us

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
It can’t happen. The rangers if many fans haven’t noticed want to be harder to play against. They want their defensemen to be big mobile and have attitude to protect their goalies. Trouba fits that to a T. Look at the players we draft, Schneider, big mobile nasty, Lundqvist big mobile and although he Isn’t as mean as Jake or Schneider he doesn’t shy away from contact, same with K’Andre Miller. Lindgren is mobile and nasty. Fox is just a beast at both ends of the ice, he’s the exemption. And DeAngelo even though he’s an offensive D is one of the nastiest sob’s in the league. He will drop the gloves with players much bigger then him and he plays a rough game even though he’s an offensive D-man. He at least walks and talks like he’s got the biggest swinging D on the ice. I hope a little of that rubs off on Fox TBH. But you see the pattern right? Many fans don’t. Rangers have an absolute gem in shesty and a pretty damn good back up in georgi. They want that investment protected. You build championships from net out. NYR is doing a good job of that. Looks at the blues D when they won, or Boston. Very large and mobile ( besides 1 or 2 guys that are offensive D) able to protect the net and eat minutes. Will they get beat once and a while? Sure that’s what happens when you’re playing the best in the world night in and night out but what you don’t want is other teams thinking they own your crease and taking liberties at your goaltender or your young guys. Klingberg can’t replicate what trouba is to ny. And that’s not a shot at klinggy. He’s a phenomenal player but not the mold of D they continue to stockpile in their system. Especially when Fox and DeAngelo play a similar game to klingberg

Appreciate the comment. Totally understand. You gotta' build around the "vision" so to speak. I was a big fan of Trouba to NYR when it happened, and I still think it could be a great move long-term. But time will tell if he can handle the pressure there. It's not a knock on Trouba; it's just a reality that some people can handle the market and some can't. Basically, what I'm saying is: Is he a D. Jeter or is he an A. Rodriguez? Thanks again for the reply.

Long-term retention at that kind of figure just isn't viable. (This is just a general comment, not necessarily directed at you, as it seems to be brought up often with high-salaried players on long-term contracts)

The only real precedent for such a thing was the Kessel deal, which was a smaller amount and for a player Toronto wanted to get off the roster at any cost. And I'd bet they'd love a redo

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense, and I know it's unlikely. Once the NYR get past this season (and the crazy $13+M in dead cap space), there's so much to look forward to with that roster and cap space. Even though I'm a Stars fan, I've also rooted for Rangers for 20+ years.

Reactions: Mal Reynolds

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Appreciate the comment. Totally understand. You gotta' build around the "vision" so to speak. I was a big fan of Trouba to NYR when it happened, and I still think it could be a great move long-term. But time will tell if he can handle the pressure there. It's not a knock on Trouba; it's just a reality that some people can handle the market and some can't. Basically, what I'm saying is: Is he a D. Jeter or is he an A. Rodriguez? Thanks again for the reply.

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense, and I know it's unlikely. Once the NYR get past this season (and the crazy $13+M in dead cap space), there's so much to look forward to with that roster and cap space. Even though I'm a Stars fan, I've also rooted for Rangers for 20+ years.
Yup I agree with ya. That’s why I think getting him the right partner is key to maximize his attributes. We are hoping K’Andre Miller can be that guy. Trouba and morrissey were a great pair in Winnipeg. I see many parallels between miller and morrissey’s overall games. Hopefully by mid season miller can make the jump and show chemistry with trouba. Jake is also pretty young. There’s certainly more room for him to improve, I don’t think he’s a finished product yet. But also good talking with a knowledgeable poster. When ya get sick of Hintz he would look good on rangers 2nd or 3rd line . On a side note, I really wished Zuc resigned with you guys. He looks miserable on the wild. I think it woulda be great for his career but I guess he wanted the cash from that extra year they offered. GL goin forward

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Yup I agree with ya. That’s why I think getting him the right partner is key to maximize his attributes. We are hoping K’Andre Miller can be that guy. Trouba and morrissey were a great pair in Winnipeg. I see many parallels between miller and morrissey’s overall games. Hopefully by mid season miller can make the jump and show chemistry with trouba. Jake is also pretty young. There’s certainly more room for him to improve, I don’t think he’s a finished product yet. But also good talking with a knowledgeable poster. When ya get sick of Hintz he would look good on rangers 2nd or 3rd line . On a side note, I really wished Zuc resigned with you guys. He looks miserable on the wild. I think it woulda be great for his career but I guess he wanted the cash from that extra year they offered. GL goin forward
Likewise. And Yeah, Zuc would’ve been a great fit—for no more than four years. Ha! But can’t begrudge the guy wanting to get one final contract to set him up for retirement. He was a great fit on the Stars, but Jim Nill is pretty measured with cap and contracts, generally speaking.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
At this point, NYR better hope that when they need to move him, he's not a picky as he was last time.

Because Detroit is pretty set on RHD and I dunno that he was open to anywhere else. I thought Florida and Philly were talked about.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
At this point, NYR better hope that when they need to move him, he's not a picky as he was last time.

Because Detroit is pretty set on RHD and I dunno that he was open to anywhere else. I thought Florida and Philly were talked about.

NMC next 4 years, 15/12 m-ntc in the last 2 years. I think he'll finish the contract here though.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Yet not one person agrees with you. Weird. You clueless clown
I assume you're talking to the infamous Bernmeister? I have blocked him ages ago.

Because i can't see who you're responding to and he's one of the few if not the only person I've blocked, lol. What is he saying... do i really want to know? :huh:

Reactions: BStinson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad