Value of: Jacob Trouba (Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I assume you're talking to the infamous Bernmeister? I have blocked him ages ago.

Because i can't see who you're responding to and he's one of the few if not the only person I've blocked, lol. What is he saying... do i really want to know? :huh:
The same stuff that gets him mocked in every thread he posts in. Its like he needs everyone to know he is clown. Its his mission in life.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
That being said, after Fox basically forced his way onto our squad, to turn around and trade Fox especially after the season he had would give the organization a pretty terrible reputation and players will not be nearly as interested in coming here if they know their future isn't secure.

It might affect the Rangers ability to sign NCAA players whose rights expire elsewhere, but likely won't have any impact on them drawing the big FAs like Panarin. Ultimately wouldn't be a big deal at all, I don't think. Not sure why you'd trade Fox now though as he's much more cost controlled than DeAngelo and clearly DeAngelo has some question marks. It would be hysterical though if Fox got traded, and especially if it was to like Winnipeg or something, the guy deserves it.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
It might affect the Rangers ability to sign NCAA players whose rights expire elsewhere, but likely won't have any impact on them drawing the big FAs like Panarin. Ultimately wouldn't be a big deal at all, I don't think. Not sure why you'd trade Fox now though as he's much more cost controlled than DeAngelo and clearly DeAngelo has some question marks. It would be hysterical though if Fox got traded, and especially if it was to like Winnipeg or something, the guy deserves it.

Well yes I should have specified the would be regarding NCAA/international free agents, but big ticket FAs usually get NMCs or sizeable M-NTCs at the very least so I didn't think it was necessary to mention that.

All in all though, I think Fox is the least likely of all the RD to be traded. He grew up in NY a Rangers fan and had one hell of a rookie year.

Reactions: slg1963

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
By no means is Trouba a negative impact on the ice, I think he is a fine player and would have loved to get him on the Wings, but that contract is basically a boat anchor.

I would be interested to know what kind of offers have been floated towards NYR management.

You'd have to think if the Rangers were to get good (read: full) value for him, they are taking on an unwanted contract or two in the process.

His albatross contract makes him untradeable unless NYR retain about $2m which isnt happening.

Bad contract when signed...kind of like Josh Anderson. Gallagher wasnt a bad contract but its probably two years too long, but its fine for a loyal team developed product

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Send in your offers boys
Looking at Centers or LD, prospects, picks
Center either a playmaker or two way guy
D preferably a defensive dman or two way guy
26 or younger

What will the NYR attach as a sweetener to take Trouba in exchange to get my conditional 7th round pick in 2078?

a 2021 1st alone isn’t enough.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It should be K’Andre Miller if he can make the jump mid year. Trouba played his best with josh morrissey who is a mobile good decision making D-man. I see many of the same qualities is miller’s game to morrissey. Both are not overly physical but don’t shy away from contact, they both move the puck quick. K’Andre needs to work on his timing a little but I see many parallels in their games. I believe he would be the best partner for trouba and take his game up a notch so he can depend on a reliable partner when the going gets tough. Not freaking smith or Johnson. I could see trouba paired with DeAngelo until Miller is ready to make the jump. That would also give the rangers a look and see how well Tony can play the left side. When trouba was paired with Lindgren they were pretty damn good for those 6-7 games. That’s the exact type of partner he needs. You just hate to break up that Lindgren Fox pairing

That’s asking way too much of Miller at this point. The fact that it’s even being mentioned suggests it’s a big problem who will play with Trouba this season.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
1) No one is going to add 8m in Trouba salary unless bad salary going back.

2)I would guess there are less than 5 teams that would be willing to lose their number 3 defensemen in the ED unless clear exception (A Piet as example for Vegas). Trouba is not a clear exception.

3) Trouba trade gives the rangers a 20-21 d lineup of a rookie and 3 of Smith, Johnson, Vietto, and Tony D. That makes the Leafs defenses of the teens look like the Wings of the 90's in comparison.

But other than that....

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
1) No one is going to add 8m in Trouba salary unless bad salary going back.

2)I would guess there are less than 5 teams that would be willing to lose their number 3 defensemen in the ED unless clear exception (A Piet as example for Vegas). Trouba is not a clear exception.

3) Trouba trade gives the rangers a 20-21 d lineup of a rookie and 3 of Smith, Johnson, Vietto, and Tony D. That makes the Leafs defenses of the teens look like the Wings of the 90's in comparison.

But other than that....

Other than that...

any deal I said to this effect needs to be updated, b'c it contained 2020 picks which no longer applies. That said,

The rationale for DET to consider this is not to take on JT and his $.
The fully adequate incentive is to express acquire assets needed to have a legit team immediately. This includes but is not limited to
Chytil = 2C
Geo = starting G [even if you insist in saying 1a-1b, he'll start in hockeytown]
upgrade of picks\
speedy Howden for 3C

that w/Trouba is enough to justify surrender of Seider, who projects as Hedman lite, but vs that benchmark we don't know if he will be equally good, not as, or a possibly even better.

Also Seider has not been promoted yet. [CF has him as 'non-roster']
Is he ready for start of upcoming NHL season, whenever that is?
If not, for whatev reason, NY can handle that esp on right side.
That's not a big deal as he is close to, if not actually ready, but NY help would be of immediate use to DET.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't need any credentials to poo-poo the notion that a 5'10, 175 lbs soaking wet kid from Jersey even has the faintest chance against Ryan Reeves in a fight. That is just an absurd assertion.

You are calling him deragatory names and now criticizing where he's from.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Trouba talk is silliness. Is he overpaid by 1-1,5 mil ...yes....but he is exactly what we need and when we move forward in the playoffs his play will factor greatly in any success we have! LGR
trouba has 6pts in 27 playoff games and some epic gaffes just from his series against the blues. i feel like this is what ranger fans don't get, he's not a good playoff performer and not much of a clutch player. if you ever get the 18-19 trouba again, he might live up to parts of the contract.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Since Trouba was super fixated on one (maybe two) locations, I am surprised that the Rangers didn’t use that leverage for a more appropriate contract.

That said, I guess Chevy was not allowing any contact with Trouba’s camp prior to the trade so perhaps the leverage changed somewhat.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Thse f***ing boo threads. omg this dude is the worst.

I still cannot believe he legitimately argued with the rest of HFNYR and HF stating that Nieves was a potential 1C and should have been given a shot there, then told everyone else that they were crazy and wrong and wasn’t trolling anyone.

“Synergy with Kreider.”

Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad