Value of: Jacob Trouba

Discussion in 'Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk' started by EdJovanovski, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Spazkat Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    So 5 years from now if they want to trade him without agreement they can? That's a bit longer of a time frame than "not immediately" implies

2. bernmeister Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    multiple hats
    There is a useful quote in an episode of the original Star Trek.
    It is to the effect:
    It was easier for civilized men to act like barbarians than
    for barbarians to act like civilized men.

When I am taken to task on what is a matter of subjective opinion, and then am vindicated as a matter of fact, I will not be told by you or anyone else to be silent.

John Agar likes this.
  3. jay from jersey Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    This. He’s not going anywhere. He is a 6’4 mobile minute eating RD that is signed until he’s 31. He is overpaid by 1 mill perhaps but teams would be lining up to trade for him. He is a legitimate 1B defender. He’s not victor Hedman but give him a partner that’s mobile and has good decision making and he’s fine. He was great paired with morrisey. I think k’andre Miller will be a great partner for trouba because I look at Miller and morrissey having many similarities to their games. When Lindgren was moved up with trouba for a few games they played really well together. I think he can have success with DeAngelo on his left but it’s not ideal. The point is moot, this thread is silly, Jake is not for sale. He got better as the season went on and was our best D in the play ins. I expect a much better 2nd season from him now that he’s settled in. Trouba and Lindgren are the only 2 guys who clear the crease and make opposing players worry about being plastered. Fox is not that type of D. Tony D while a mean SOB doesn’t have the size to throw bone crushing hits or move large men out of shesty’s way. You know who does it against the best in the world might in and night out?? Trouba. With his carousel of LD partners. Help is on the way though. Nils Lundqvist Braden Schneider Miller Robertson are all big guys that don’t shy away from contact. But the only one in that group that has the nasty potential of trouba is Schneider. Hunter skinner is another mean physical SOB but he’s buried way down on the RD depth chart and it’s unfortunate but he will probably be traded like Joey Keane was. But I’m going off on a tangent now. Point is trouba is good. He had a rocky 1st half of his first year with a new team, shocker he was trying to do too much. He settled in as time went on and will be much better this year. Problem is the 5 people that hate trouba on the rangers board will still hate him no matter what so it a waste of time to argue with them

ericmgomes likes this.
  4. tsweeney Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Choke on his contract now that you traded for him.

5. tsweeney Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Detroit needs to add at reasonable prices and not at the cost of dealing away a lot of futures. Especially for guys who are good, but not great NHL players/prospects. We don't need literally everything that New York doesn't consider to be untouchables for a shitload of draft capital and our #6 pick from last year who looks incredible. The Red Wings want to acquire their own core, not transplant guys who you don't feel are good enough to be NYR's core.

Luckylarry and MoritzSeiderAtSix like this.
  6. FireGorton Laf to Kak

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    No he was bad but everyone blamed Skjei,Smith or Ruff. I guess fans didn’t know he was given favorable matchups when Buff took the tougher matchups in Winnipeg. Hopefully he becomes a Norris trophy contender because he’s getting paid like one and it doesn’t look to be aging well early on so far

7. Apocalyptic Mist Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    This is on par with someone using fantasy hockey rankings when comparing how good a player currently is.

8. bernmeister Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    multiple hats
    Thank you for the constructive feedback.
    I will be a bit crushed to go into this w/you in extensive detail, prob til end of this wk at earliest.
    But I would like to see what if anything is a match.

That said, I disagree w/some of what you said.
    Chytil is a signif surrender and is off the table pretty much for everything except w/Trouba + for Seider +.
    Chytil is not a guy not good enuf to be NYR core.
    Nor is Trouba, who is only being moved to create cap down the road.
    Geo is not Shesty, but he is core to the extent he is our backup and could backup anywhere and is a fit for a 1a-1b double starter situation.
    And I included a NY 1st which got downgraded for 2 2nds
    The only player I included that maybe fits your complaint is Howden, who I will happily retain to be our 3c, or 4C if Barron cuts it.
    However, you should consider to not discount Howden and his speed to compete at 3C, or if others emerge, as a possible LW for Larkin, just to see what might work w/all that speed.

I am open to discussing tweak as to a better fit, but you ARE getting full value for the highly regarded return I seek. These are all younger guys, not geezers involved.

9. Luckylarry Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Retired
    What’s wrong with Trouba that the Rangers want to dump him? If that’s the case then wouldn’t his value be kind of similar to what Vegas got for Schmidt - a third?

10. GAGLine HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Nothing. The OP hates him and loves DeAngelo, and pretty much everyone else is on board with the idea that we are keeping Trouba and trading DeAngelo at some point. That, or they want to keep both, but that isn't realistic long term.

bernmeister and bl02 like this.
  11. boredmale HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    My 2 cents is it's not Trouba or DeAngelo, it's Fox or DeAngelo, both are sort of redundant

12. Ryan Michaels Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Let me answer your question a different way, Marner has never ever played center in the NHL. And I don't think he did in junior. I actually have no idea where your notion to the contrary cams from. Are you thinking of Nylander?

13. loupie Voted Jets Forum Best Poster

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Make sure you guys download his app, guy is a celebrity. Center stage in New York to expand his brand!

14. Calad Section 422

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Agreed. The only person in our system that might be able to play the kind of role Trouba does is Braden Schenider and hes a good 3+ years away. Rangers have absolutely no intention of moving Trouba. OP just hates him and wants him gone.

That being said, after Fox basically forced his way onto our squad, to turn around and trade Fox especially after the season he had would give the organization a pretty terrible reputation and players will not be nearly as interested in coming here if they know their future isn't secure.

15. SI90 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    No, and I promise you that at times in London Marner did play center. My point was is he solely a winger now?

16. TGWL Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    No team is taking his contract at a risky time like this. He still has a 6 million signing bonus next season.

17. ericmgomes Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Preach buddy. A lot of Trouba haters on the Rangers board. Meanwhile, the Rangers have absolutely nobody who plays a shutdown role against teams top lines, plays all situations, and has a howitzer from the point.

Some people just have their own agendas and premonitions.

RickChartraw and Calad like this.
  18. GAGLine HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I don't think anyone other than EdJovanovski would choose DeAngelo over Fox.

Kupo likes this.
  19. NYRKing Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    It was a bad first year, but I don’t blame him entirely as the D overall was atrocious. The problem is I don’t know who we have that can fit as a top LD to pair with him. Skjei was such a disappointment last year for us and Brendan Smith, well enough said.

Pavel Buchnevich likes this.
  20. Ryan Michaels Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Yes, he has never been so much as speculated to be used at center in 4 years in the NHL.

21. jay from jersey Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    That’s the whole point it doesn’t have to be team fox or team deangelo. Why not both?? Especially when one can make the switch to LD and when the players we have coming up on the left are going to be cost controlled for years

Pavel Buchnevich likes this.
  22. Petrus Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    A 17 player swap to address a 2c need for Detroit?

BStinson likes this.
  23. Unbiased Fan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    DeAngelo would die if he fought ryan reeves he can’t stand up against a top end fighter.

24. bernmeister Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    multiple hats
    Nothing wrong, not damaged goods. Overpaid by a mil and half that is it.
    The issue is NYR have
    1) elcs->rfas in 2-3 yrs
    and
    2) expect $ raise for Zib in 3 yrs.

If we got market value for him recognizing he is outstanding RD based on play in 'peg and is
    a) in need of correct partner
    b) recovering from nonsense of Ruff D system

and were able to repurpose good value into cheaper futures, that is preferable and works.

If not, we keep and work around that.

Agree w/all of this, except while it could be longer, I expect Schenider to be at least 1 full yr min but maybe ready as little as 2.

25. bernmeister Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    multiple hats
    That deal, which included 2020 picks, is now no longer applicable as is.

A reduced version of something like 4 or 5 for 3 is what is current.
    Mo on that another time...