Player Discussion Jacob Trouba

itsPLkielbasa

Aug 30, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Definitely needs to work on putting the puck on net. He's looking like MDZ out there when he fires away.

I hope he turns it around or this contract will be worse than Redden.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
I don't really have any strong feelings one way or another about Trouba.

The worst thing about all of this is that we're going to have this running discussion for four more years, or more.
I said it before Trouba played his first as a Ranger that it would be one of the worst contracts in the league, the guy is a 2-3mil a year D.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Overpaid, but i do like his physical play, he was making boston have to think quicker or get run over when he was on the ice last night and that has value, definitely not 8 mill worth but its a good attribute.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Trouba was young, physical and Winnipeg was making him look like he had a complete game.

+1

Stable while ordinary is not $8 million. i expected more of what Lindgren brings. A little more nasty if he can’t bring the offense. He is physical but something significant it missing imo. Otherwise, he would be wearing the C imo.

Money aside, the Rangers need him b/c there still isn’t much on the backline.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
For reals tho, I think he’s just trying to do to much. This franchise has huge expectations for him, as a leader, a player, and an investment. He can’t seem to resist pinching in the offensive zone, lining someone up in the neutral zone, making the risky stretch pass from the defensive zone, etc.

It’s like he’s trying to be Adam Fox and Ryan Lindgren at the same time.

For a player who is trying to do too much, he plays an awfully simple game. Cross the blue line take a slap shot. Literally his only play in the offensive zone.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I'm still rattled. He's at least two years younger than everyone else in the bunch. Besides Vlasic, his AAV is less than everyone in the bunch (tied with Duchene). What could have been the reason he ended up in this article? I wonder.

Reactions: ponzu4u

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Eh.. I think still think it was a good signing. And he's continuing to play better and better defense. I don't need him to put up a ton of points if he works as a good enough shut down guy.

We didn't know how Fox and Lingren would work out when we signed him.
Which other guy on the list is a good signing? If Trouba is the only one that might mean you're being a homer. Just a theory.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Which other guy on the list is a good signing? If Trouba is the only one that might mean you're being a homer. Just a theory.
Perhaps, but Trouba only had one bad season (last season specifically) and had Lindy Ruff as his defensive coach and had no good partner to play with. This season, with Miller, he's gotten better. He's a plus 2 right now.

Listen, I don't like the contract or the trade. But this is a far cry from an Erik Karlson or a Wade Redden-type event.

The Kreider contract is really the one that will sting most, especially considering our depth on the wing.

Reactions: ponzu4u

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I was happy with how Trouba started the year but have progressively hated it more and more.

I just have very little nice to say about how he's played since becoming a Ranger. Really disappointed.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
He has 14 points in 16 games this season.

Thats great

Puts up points playing with elite talent. Laziness shows both on playing defense and in taking very ill timed penalties. When he isn't producing, he isn't noticable in any good way.

Now explain to us how that is any different from how you would describe Ryan Strome?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Thats great

Puts up points playing with elite talent. Laziness shows both on playing defense and in taking very ill timed penalties. When he isn't producing, he isn't noticable in any good way.

Now explain to us how that is any different from how you would describe Ryan Strome?

Because Ryan Strome hasn't put up points this season? I had no problem with Strome last year.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Ignorance is bliss i suppose

How am I ignorant? Not everyone puts up points with elite players. If you're putting up points with elite talent you're still a useful good player. Strome hasn't done that this year, so he's not a useful good player. Miller is.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
How am I ignorant? Not everyone puts up points with elite players. If you're putting up points with elite talent you're still a useful good player. Strome hasn't done that this year, so he's not a useful good player. Miller is.

I've watched a decent number of nucks games this year. Notice JT putting in his typical max effort. Putrid.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad