Jacob Trouba being 'Sheltered'?

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
6 assists, no goals in last 30 regular season games. That is much underwhelming for someone of his offensive talents.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I'm also in the "Getting real concerned about Trouba" club. Don't like the fact that he gave up doing the Gary Roberts conditioning stuff in the summer (look at how much its helped Scheifs). That, his apparent lack of drive & motivation, [mod] all have me mighty uneasy.

If only Maurice could identify with the struggles he is going through & split him & Stupendous up for a while!!!:help:

Last edited by a moderator:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think he's trying to force things too much this year. It doesn't help he starts in the done so much and has to play with Stuart. I think he needs to play with a mobile puck mover to take some pressure off of him in his end. It also wouldn't hurt to put him in some more offensive situations to boost his confidence.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I'm also in the "Getting real concerned about Trouba" club. Don't like the fact that he gave up doing the Gary Roberts conditioning stuff in the summer (look at how much its helped Scheifs). That, his apparent lack of drive & motivation, [mod] all have me mighty uneasy.

If only Maurice could identify with the struggles he is going through & split him & Stupendous up for a while!!!:help:

I'm starting to get worried as well. He looked gassed last night - he could have been the first one to the puck a few times and he'd just let the Leafs get to it and then just try to contain them to the outside while moving as little as possible. His skating isn't very explosive right now, he actually looks slow.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Hype must have gone to his head or something. I hope he doesn't expect a big payday playing like this, should have to settle for a bridge.

That late Burmistrov penalty (ended up working out) doesn't happen if JT makes a simple tape to tape pass. Had time, panicked and just fired it into Alex's skates. Turnover... penalty.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I'm at an absolute loss as to how credible writers and fans in general thought his play took a step back last year, if anything his game took a quantum step forward. He played the toughest minutes on the team with Mark Stuart and beat them convincingly. I think some people look at box cars and that's all they care about. Hopefully the last two games are the start of him getting out of his slump this year.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
His role and play has changed quite a bit since Myers arrived, and not for the better. I think that he needs more opportunity to "be the man" on D, offensively and in other ways. Hard to do that when you are slotted behind Big Buff and Myers.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I'm at an absolute loss as to how credible writers and fans in general thought his play took a step back last year, if anything his game took a quantum step forward. He played the toughest minutes on the team with Mark Stuart and beat them convincingly. I think some people look at box cars and that's all they care about. Hopefully the last two games are the start of him getting out of his slump this year.

I thought he was overall better in his second year.

This year he seems to be battling a little bit.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

His role and play has changed quite a bit since Myers arrived, and not for the better. I think that he needs more opportunity to "be the man" on D, offensively and in other ways. Hard to do that when you are slotted behind Big Buff and Myers.

I thought he was overall better in his second year.

This year he seems to be battling a little bit.

Good it wasn't just me.

Two things happened in year Two that decreased his value with the average fan. First off he began to compete against the "expectations" he created in Draft plus 1 and his rookie season. Secondly the lazy thing to do is look at this scoring numbers which most people do and when his raw point totals don't meet expectation then he becomes guilty of crimes not committed.

Also 100% agree having Myers, Buff, and Troubs on the right side officially doesn't work IMO. Nobody has moved to the left side so we remain lopsided and Jacob is the only guy capable of carrying Stu so he is welded to a role that sucks. All that being said I think he had a bad start to the season but he will be just fine. Interesting how allot of our fan base have turned on him because of a cold streak? Buff goes down for the season or gets traded and they put Jacob with Toby and he waltzes through the year on the top pair playing 25:00 a night beating toughs IMO. Slump aside he remains a top pairing RHD man cast in a Bogosian "best of the worst" shut down defender role.

Side note if Huddy is actually given full power of how to assign D pairings I think they may need a fresh start with D coaching. If Mo makes the call and Huddy just throws them over the boards then I take it back.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I think it is time we put Trouba with Enstrom for a dozen games or so to get is confidence back up

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think it is time we put Trouba with Enstrom for a dozen games or so to get is confidence back up

I thought Maurice had made it quite clear that he would move a RHD to the left side. The only apparent reason to have abandoned the idea was the good pre-season of Chiarot. Now Chiarot is sitting so that doesn't apply. Move 1 over and play our top 4 for 22-25 min. Let Postma be burdened with Stu 12-15 min. Makes Postma look bad but he gets no respect anyway. Pardy, Postma would be better but that isn't happening.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I thought Maurice had made it quite clear that he would move a RHD to the left side. The only apparent reason to have abandoned the idea was the good pre-season of Chiarot. Now Chiarot is sitting so that doesn't apply. Move 1 over and play our top 4 for 22-25 min. Let Postma be burdened with Stu 12-15 min. Makes Postma look bad but he gets no respect anyway. Pardy, Postma would be better but that isn't happening.

Didn't we try Postma/Stuart for a game or two?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I kind of think that Morrissey - Trouba > Stuart - Trouba at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad