Value of: Jacob Trouba at the draft

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Sorry.

JAD= Jaret Anderson-Dolan
LaDue= Paul LaDue

Anderson-Dolan is a top prospect, LaDue is a cheap replacement option for Trouba and an early 2nd round pick.

Anderson-Dolan is a decent C prospect...not the main piece in a sign and trade for Trouba.

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
People said the same about Branstorm. When someone like Trouba or Stone are available long term, then yes these prospects are available.

Flyers are a perfect spot. They are close to being a contender IMO. They have the young core and some veterans. A few more pieces like a top established D and a second line center would put them over the hump. I would think their GM is smarter than these forum posters.
But Sanheim isn’t a prospect anymore. He plays +20 min every night, he is ranked #21 amongst defenseman for even strength points and has more goal (9) than Trouba or Morrissey.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
But Sanheim isn’t a prospect anymore. He plays +20 min every night, he is ranked #21 amongst defenseman for even strength points and has more goal (9) than Trouba or Morrissey.

Yup. Jets should have been chasing him 2 years ago when he was a prospect and Trouba was proving tough to deal with.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I've proposed something like that before.

Think I put Pysyk in there.

Pysyk + Trocheck you mean?

Not sure if you guys in a position to give up Trocheck but he’s certainly interesting as a 2C.

Ya we cant tbh. If Borgstrom had 2-3 years in the league, maybe but we could offer our 2019 1st as the starting point but I know that doesnt entice most WPG fans.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Late first round pick, or high second plus a B level prospect. I don’t see the Jets wanting to take back NHL contracts for Trouba.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Id go flyers 1st in 19 which should be 10-15 radko gudas to fill in in the short term and a choice of lacinski as a c or kalynuck on d as a prospect or if a young nhler is wanted hagg

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Trouba's a perfect target for an offersheet. Jets are in a perfect position to not match and then trade the compensatory picks to fill holes cheaply.
Trouba won't sign an offersheet if he doesnt want to stay in Winnipeg. He wouldn't risk them matching.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Late first round pick, or high second plus a B level prospect. I don’t see the Jets wanting to take back NHL contracts for Trouba.
Myers is also coming off the books too. So, the Jets probably want an NHL Dman in return. Ideally, a RHD, but they would be left with Buff/Morrisey as their top duo and then a big drop-off from them.

Reactions: Luckylarry
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Trouba's a perfect target for an offersheet. Jets are in a perfect position to not match and then trade the compensatory picks to fill holes cheaply.

No one's offering Trouba more than $8 million and the Jets have that cap space available...barely, but they do.

Jets aren't worried whatsoever about offer sheets.

Reactions: Snowman

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Myers is also coming off the books too. So, the Jets probably want an NHL Dman in return. Ideally, a RHD, but they would be left with Buff/Morrisey as their top duo and then a big drop-off from them.
I don’t see, with Meyers likely leaving and Big Buff (my favourite player who’s not a Canuck) getting older, why the Jets wont resign Trouba? The guy is really good, and he’s young! Maybe an offer sheet would be exactly what the Jets need? 7 million over 7 years, or something like that? Then the Jets him locked up.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I don’t see, with Meyers likely leaving and Big Buff (my favourite player who’s not a Canuck) getting older, why the Jets wont resign Trouba? The guy is really good, and he’s young! Maybe an offer sheet would be exactly what the Jets need? 7 million over 7 years, or something like that? Then the Jets him locked up.

That would be perfect for the Jets. But as has been mentioned if Troubas goal is to get to UFA he won't risk signing one. I think Chevy will go hard as soon as the season is over to try and sign him. If they can't well probably see the Jets sign Myers and then move Jake at the draft.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
This is why Trouba wont sign an offer sheet. Chevy desperately wants to keep Trouba, that's why he's still here.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

IF Trouba is motivated to play elsewhere, he won’t sign a contract that the Jets could match especially since he’s just one year away from UFA status.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Anderson-Dolan is a decent C prospect...not the main piece in a sign and trade for Trouba.

There is no sign & trade for Trouba. If he is signed he doesn't get traded. The closest thing would be a trade & sign. The trade partner is allowed to talk to him before the trade and work out an agreement - like Stone with VGK.

That may be what you meant but calling it sign & trade is ambiguous at best.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I can understand the Jets not wanting to deal him for less than Frost or Sanheim, but those kids will be a big key to the Flyers future.

Moving Sanheim looks like a lateral move at this point, to boot.

I'd be on board with out first + guess (replacement top 4 to keep window open) and a plus from there, but the flyers arent in a position to be dealing top prospects given the difference in age of old core vs new core.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
That would be perfect for the Jets. But as has been mentioned if Troubas goal is to get to UFA he won't risk signing one. I think Chevy will go hard as soon as the season is over to try and sign him. If they can't well probably see the Jets sign Myers and then move Jake at the draft.

Which of Meyers or Trouba, would have more value in trade, if Meyers was signed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad