Value of: Jacob Trouba at the draft

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
Why does this forum continually act like this is a thing that even happens? Players now want more control over their futures than ever- the very last thing they want to do is sign their future over to a team they don't want to stay with and let them decide.

Yes, sometimes players sign deals with their new teams immediately after... that is not a sign and trade. That's merely allowing other teams to discuss contracts with the players camp during trade negotiations.
That Stone trade would be considered one, i couldnt see vegas giving up Brannstrom without an extension in place. So technically that is a sign and trade. So yes they are done to a certain degree.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Sanheim isn't available.

So far from Flyers, Sanheim & Frost are unavailable......what else would be applicable from the Flyers that the Jets would want? Unless you're saying Flyers just have no need from a top pairing RHD (you know better then me Flyers needs).

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
So far from Flyers, Sanheim & Frost are unavailable......what else would be applicable from the Flyers that the Jets would want? Unless you're saying Flyers just have no need from a top pairing RHD (you know better then me Flyers needs).
Sanheim, Frost and Farabee. Basically it's a "we want your young, top pairing defenseman for absolutely nothing at all because this is HF where potential is worth way more than a guy who is an established top.pairing guy.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
That Stone trade would be considered one, i couldnt see vegas giving up Brannstrom without an extension in place. So technically that is a sign and trade. So yes they are done to a certain degree.

You literally just agreed with what I was saying - that they were allowed to talk/negotiate with the players agent during trade talks. They may have had the framework of a new contract in place prior to the trade, but what the originating team traded was an unsigned player.

Sign and trade is when the originating team signs a player to a contract then trades him. As in signed first. Carter/Richardson were sign and trades. Hossa/Heatley was a sign and trade. Stone/Turris/etc were not.

Reactions: Hunter368

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
A deal around Skjei?
We have too many LHD waiting for a spot and we don’t have much RHD beyond Deangelo and Shatty. We can throw Pionk in for free too lol

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Trouba's a perfect target for an offersheet. Jets are in a perfect position to not match and then trade the compensatory picks to fill holes cheaply.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Sanheim, Frost and Farabee. Basically it's a "we want your young, top pairing defenseman for absolutely nothing at all because this is HF where potential is worth way more than a guy who is an established top.pairing guy.

Jets wouldn't be interested in Farabee anyways as return (he fills no need) on Trouba. But yes.......you're right. Partly why I virtually never make trade offers on this forum bc people are so unrealistic about values. I generally stick to general values or main pieces, etc.....I try to stay away from circular debates with teenagers on this forum. Haha

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Trouba's a perfect target for an offersheet. Jets are in a perfect position to not match and then trade the compensatory picks to fill holes cheaply.

I suspect any trade they made would be heavily based on futures returns anyways (due to cap & Seattle)......so doesn't matter much either way. Depending on offer sheet Jets might get more from a offer sheet return.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Sanheim isn't available.
People said the same about Branstorm. When someone like Trouba or Stone are available long term, then yes these prospects are available.

Flyers are a perfect spot. They are close to being a contender IMO. They have the young core and some veterans. A few more pieces like a top established D and a second line center would put them over the hump. I would think their GM is smarter than these forum posters.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
And replacing Sanheim with a proven top pairing defenseman who is what, two years older, isnt strengthening the core?
In a vacuum yes. But considering salary, RFA years and contract it’s not that easy. I don’t know why people get sensitive about the values of players around here. Trouba is a better player than Sanheim. But the flyers are in a position to add to this young group and not go one for one in a trade for another defenseman. That doesn’t make sense.

Provorov
Sanheim
Myers
Ghost.

You build on it. Not subtract. I’m very curious to see what Trouba either re-signs for or is traded for this off season.

Cosmic avenger

Oct 27, 2018
And replacing Sanheim with a proven top pairing defenseman who is what, two years older, isnt strengthening the core?
Sandheim upside and going to have a much better cap hit going forward can see sandheim sign for 5m /5y while I'm sure trouba will be asking for 10. I also do not think Fletcher will be making to many moves at the draft and wait to see free agents market. After resigning sandheim provy konancey laughton and hartman and a goalie i think the flyers will have about 15m to get a free agent needs
Giroux conts voracek
Jvr patrick konecny
Lindbolm frost
Hartman laughton

Provy sandheim
Ghost p myers
Gudas morin/hagg
Mcdonald on last year of contract
Hart ?
Need for a #3 rw winger or upgrade rhd.
If i were to trade for a d with prospect you were asking for i would take a run at daughty from la. Something like a 1st ghost farbere ++

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron

Gee, I thought the opposite. Everything Trouba has done in the past shows he wants to be a UFA as soon possible, in the summer of 2020. Trouba wouldn't want any chance of the Jets matching an offer sheet, so he has motivation not sign one. And if Trouba's two favourite destinations are apparently Detroit and Florida, why would offer sheet him? Just wait a year and get him for free.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Sorry.

JAD= Jaret Anderson-Dolan
LaDue= Paul LaDue

Anderson-Dolan is a top prospect, LaDue is a cheap replacement option for Trouba and an early 2nd round pick.

That's about as far as I'd go as it relates to the Wings as well

Something like Rasmussen + Bowey + 2nd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad