Prospect Info: Jacob Olofsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I had Oloffson in the late first and what an epic steal that he fell into our laps. If we hadn't of taken Kot, I'd have been thrilled with Olofsson even with one of those early 2nds.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ideally, he finds his offense consistently and he's a 2C.. but likely, he's gonna play the Washington Eller role. 3C who provides value in every zone on the ice and can step in to play 2nd PP, or cover for an injured C and play top 6 and never hurt you.

Love the player.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Ideally, he finds his offense consistently and he's a 2C.. but likely, he's gonna play the Washington Eller role. 3C who provides value in every zone on the ice and can step in to play 2nd PP, or cover for an injured C and play top 6 and never hurt you.

Love the player.
behind kotka and poehling, i agree, he's a luxury to have

i keep saying it but to me, he's everything i wanted galchenyuk to be, or thought he was going to be, including being 6"3 lmao

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Love the player.

I've probably said it a bunch of times; I think he has more upside than Poehling but less likely to reach his ceiling than Poehling. I feel pretty confident that Poehling will be the better player but would LOVE to be wrong.

Gotta love grabbing a high floor C with not so hidden upside with your 4th pick.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Nice to see he's taking chances and using his tools to challenge defenders, something his coach brought up and some of us wanted to see more.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I just want to see this guy under Bouchard

There are a lot of kids I want to see under Bouchard. And I'm thrilled that Evans, Bitten, Vejdemo, and a bunch of other kids get to start their pro careers under Joel and this new-look Rocket staff. Even Addison, who because of his long term injury keeping him out most of last year, is like starting his pro career under Bouchard.

As for Oloffson, I can see him coming over here next year if he has a good year in SHL. I'm going to be way premature in this statement, but to think that next year, Kotkaniemi, Poehling, and Olofsson can all be over here in North America, whether in Montreal or Laval, really excites me.

But this could be just me being way too eager. Oloffson, in particular, may need one more year in Europe.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's nice to see a prospect doing well in a professional league. Hopefully Kotkaniemi, Ylonen, and Ikonen can do the same.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
There are a lot of kids I want to see under Bouchard. And I'm thrilled that Evans, Bitten, Vejdemo, and a bunch of other kids get to start their pro careers under Joel and this new-look Rocket staff. Even Addison, who because of his long term injury keeping him out most of last year, is like starting his pro career under Bouchard.

As for Oloffson, I can see him coming over here next year if he has a good year in SHL. I'm going to be way premature in this statement, but to think that next year, Kotkaniemi, Poehling, and Olofsson can all be over here in North America, whether in Montreal or Laval, really excites me.

But this could be just me being way too eager. Oloffson, in particular, may need one more year in Europe.

Bring him over at 20.. JDLR was toasted from coming over at 19.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Love the player.
Coming from you makes me very excited for this prospect

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal

Love the player.
I think he might ends up like Eller, a 3rd line C but I don’t see much comparison in term of play style. Olofsson has less wheels but much better vision and hands.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think he might ends up like Eller, a 3rd line C but I don’t see much comparison in term of play style. Olofsson has less wheels but much better vision and hands.
The comps weren't so much a stylistic comp, but more an effectiveness comp.

Reactions: Maitz

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Eller's lack of vision was so frustrating at times. Still he was a solid 200 foot guy who liked to push the attack and was a good competitor who elevates his game in the playoffs.

Reactions: Maitz

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Eller's lack of vision was so frustrating at times. Still he was a solid 200 foot guy who liked to push the attack and was a good competitor who elevates his game in the playoffs.
Lars was one of my favorite player on the Habs when we got him. I just had the feeling he never polished his offensive game. Like you said he was very frustrating to watch! Except for that 4 goals game against the Jets haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad