Prospect Info: Jacob Olofsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
He has every bit of skill you want in a top 6 center. He's just a bit frustrating sometimes. But I had him in my first round. He was second to Hållander on my list, but I'm quite alright with the selection.

Reactions: Mrb1p and Et le But

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
He dropped a bit for me as the year went on. Smart, toolsy, shows flashes but tends to be a passenger sometimes. Still you can't ignore those numbers in the Allsvenskan.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Plays like Vejdemo, more physical .

I'm interested to see him next year, but it's hard to compare them since they were in such different situations. Vejdemo had an illness that set him back but at the same age Olofsson was putting up impressive numbers in the 2nd league (mens) while Vejdemo spent the year in the J18 and 3 games in the J20.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I really like Olofsson. Had we not taken Coconut's yummy at 3, I would have been very happy with Olofsson with one of those early 2nds. His tools might not blow you away, but he's good across the board, and his hockey IQ is incredibly high- he just goes to the right places and makes the right plays over and over...

Reactions: Redux91

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Some day we'll have another talented Swedish Mats Naslund. Probably not this guy Naslund was a wizard on the ice. Still sooner or later odds are in our favor to hit the Swedish jackpot

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Well at least they will let him stay in Sweden and if he comes over he gets to work with Bouchard. He won't take off then completely crumble like De La Rose.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
More upside...

is he more skilled than Vejdemo?

I really like Olofsson. Had we not taken Coconut's yummy at 3, I would have been very happy with Olofsson with one of those early 2nds. His tools might not blow you away, but he's good across the board, and his hockey IQ is incredibly high- he just goes to the right places and makes the right plays over and over...

good to hear. doesn't seem to be any video of him. definitely don't mind a 'safe' pick with our 4th. Safe pick with upside sounds good to me.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

I thought there was no video.

More skill than I thought. Not an insane amount but not bad with his size and skating. Hopefully he can be more consistent

Reactions: Redux91

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
is he more skilled than Vejdemo?

good to hear. doesn't seem to be any video of him. definitely don't mind a 'safe' pick with our 4th. Safe pick with upside sounds good to me.

I thought there was no video.

More skill than I thought. Not an insane amount but not bad with his size and skating. Hopefully he can be more consistent

Jacob Olofsson – ProspectShifts.com

There's even shift by shift video of him.

Reactions: Mrb1p and Andrei79

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I’m as excited for this guy then Kotka

he actually looks like he has top 6 upside. consistency issues suck but that's why he dropped i'm sure. still good numbers in a good league. we've just had horrible luck with swedes since forever it seems like. though I think DLR's starting to come around.

Jacob Olofsson – ProspectShifts.com

There's even shift by shift video of him.

There are full game vids from the U-18's.

Olofsson (#21), Kotkaniemi (#9)

there's others on there as well. Canada (McShane, Hillis, Fonstad), Russia (Romanov).

great thanks.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Its funny, if Kotkaniemi didnt exist we'd probably be talking more about this kid lol

Which is probably a good thing, low expectations, lets leave him alone and develop in Sweden

He doesnt have DLR's motor or defense...but then DLR doesnt have an offensive mindset like this kid

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Plays like Vejdemo, more physical .

Vejdemo is all skating, he has elite speed which is his biggest asset. If Olofsson had Vejdemo's speed he would've been a top-20 pick. He reminds me more of Frederik Gauthier actually with better offensive potential.

Vejdemo was also really skinny when he was drafted, Olofsson has a bigger frame for sure.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Vejdemo is all skating, he has elite speed which is his biggest asset. If Olofsson had Vejdemo's speed he would've been a top-20 pick. He reminds me more of Frederik Gauthier actually with better offensive potential.

Vejdemo was also really skinny when he was drafted, Olofsson has a bigger frame for sure.

I wouldn't call Vejdemo's speed elite, to me players like Byron have elite speed. Vejdemo has good speed.

Reactions: jaffy27

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I wouldn't call Vejdemo's speed elite, to me players like Byron have elite speed. Vejdemo has good speed.

I don't know. Byron's about as fast as they come. There are guys who are slower than Byron who probably still have elite speed. It's all semantics really. Vejdemo's skating is pretty tremendous. It's too bad he didn't put it together a bit more this season. It really looked like he was going to pop offensively there. Still there was improvement so that's good. I don't think he quite has the goods to be anything significant or even an NHLer (50/50 on that front for me) which is too bad because I believed the hype. Won't quite give up on him yet.

Hope Olofsson can work out the kinks.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't know. Byron's about as fast as they come. There are guys who are slower than Byron who probably still have elite speed. It's all semantics really. Vejdemo's skating is pretty tremendous. It's too bad he didn't put it together a bit more this season. It really looked like he was going to pop offensively there. Still there was improvement so that's good. I don't think he quite has the goods to be anything significant or even an NHLer (50/50 on that front for me) which is too bad because I believed the hype. Won't quite give up on him yet.

Hope Olofsson can work out the kinks.

yes there are guys slower then Byron that still have either elite speed or close to it, but it's not Vejdemo as I don't think he's close to the speed of Byron. He's got the skating, speed for sure to be an NHLer but it's putting it all together and we'll have to see if he can do that or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad