Prospect Info: Jacob Olofsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Is the kid (Hallander ?) center who is playing on the same team than him and drafted by Pittsburg, is comparing to him

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Is the kid (Hallander ?) center who is playing on the same team than him and drafted by Pittsburg, is comparing to him

I liked Hallander better personally, but he's Olofsson's winger, he's not a center. Good skills, good scoring instincts and I love his tenacity. Would have been happy with him too.

Reactions: Redux91

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I liked Hallander better personally, but he's Olofsson's winger, he's not a center. Good skills, good scoring instincts and I love his tenacity. Would have been happy with him too.
Hallander is more likely to end up being a top 6 forward, but Olofsson is more likely to be an NHLer.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

The one game I saw this year, Hallander scored a nice goal, Olofsson didn't do much of anything that game but it's just 1 game. I should get to see a good bit of him this year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He just took a slash to his wrist, went off the ice in pain. Will be interesting to see if he returns or not.

guess it wasn't that bad, he's back on the ice, although his shift was much shorter but that could just be anything as the game is a blowout late in the 3rd.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Well that turned interesting. His team won 4-3 after being up 4-0 with 5 minutes left but they got a 5 on 3 and scored with 17 seconds left on the PP, then got another one a minute later and then with the goalie pulled they got 1 more. Olofsson only played one more shift from the looks of it but since he was out there I assume he'll be fine.

He ended up with 15:01 TOI, 2 assists, a +1, 1 hit but only 12.5% on draws.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Happy to see him back from injury. 2 point return game is nice. I got high hopes for this kid. I think he can surprise in a couple years.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched most of today's game, Olofsson was ok, he played 16:00 which was the 2nd highest of the season but didn't do too much offensively. There was a long delay mid 1st as someone got injured on Linkoping, didn't see it but he stayed down a long time and wasn't moving when they carted him off. hope he is ok.

On a side note, Collberg had a good game, scored a nice goal and had a few other chances, might have been the best player on the ice. It will be interesting to see how it goes for him, he's 24 so he needs to step up. His career high in goals for any team since being drafted is 6, although he's never played more then 45 games for any one team in a season. He's at 3 in 7 so far after getting 4 in 35 games last year.

Reactions: Andrei79

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
watched most of today's game, Olofsson was ok, he played 16:00 which was the 2nd highest of the season but didn't do too much offensively. There was a long delay mid 1st as someone got injured on Linkoping, didn't see it but he stayed down a long time and wasn't moving when they carted him off. hope he is ok.

On a side note, Collberg had a good game, scored a nice goal and had a few other chances, might have been the best player on the ice. It will be interesting to see how it goes for him, he's 24 so he needs to step up. His career high in goals for any team since being drafted is 6, although he's never played more then 45 games for any one team in a season. He's at 3 in 7 so far after getting 4 in 35 games last year.

The injured player had a concussion, he has replied from the hospital thanking fans for their concerns.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Watching today's game, they changed the linesup, moved him down. the top line is now Hallander Rensfeldt Collberg. His new line is Gallo Olofsson Boyce. He had one nice rush up ice but then the puck slipped off his stick. Hasn't been too noticeable and his TOI seems way down at around 3:30 or so in the 1st. Last game he played a season high 17:28 which was just the 2nd game he played more then 16 minutes.

played a lot more as the game went on, good on draws as well. Finished the game with 16:18 TOI, 57% on draws.

his team won 4-3 in OT, fun game to watch. Collberg with another goal, 1 away from his career high.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrb1p

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
how is Olofsson an amazing trade when he didn't even have to trade for him at all and could have just picked him off waivers? Besides the fact he has yet to do anything for us, wouldn't say it's a tad early on that one?
emmmm wut?
Jacob, not whoever is playing in the AHL. A solid 2nd round prospect for free?? Hell yeah!

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
even then a little early, DLR was an early 2nd rounder and who's to say he ends up much better then him?
other than both being Swedes, they are nothing alike. You wouldnt want a free second rounder? lol really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad