Speculation: Jacob Markstrom Blocked Trade to the Los Angeles Kings

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Theres teams outside of thr division you can trade with connie..... And people wants to believe calgary turned downed a better deal for tanev lmao

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
West teams travel so much more than Eastern teams, I really don't blame him.

Reactions: rea

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I have no idea how LAK would be able to afford a 6 mill goalie anyway.

That would leave them next year with 15.5 mill in cap space and needing to fill 10 roster spots, including these free agents

Byfield, who would fetch 8+ mill AAV on a long term deal
Roy, who would be looking at 5 mill+
Arvidsson
Lewis
either of the goalies as a backup
Lizotte
Turcotte
Kaliyev
Spence
Grundstrom
etc
I see about 64 million committed next year, with cap likely around 87.7, so close 24 million free not 15.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
lol what.

Is it really that hard to believe that people have different preferences on where they would like to live? Do you think people are really as simple as “big city, warm weather…better than place that is not as populated and cooler on average”.

Personally, I’ve enjoyed my time in Southern California and also other warm climates, but it doesn’t feel like “home” because it’s not New England where I’ve lived most of my life. Not a slight to any other place…just not where I’m comfortable.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I see about 61.2 million committed next year, with cap likely around 87.7
First important thing to note. LAK will have approximately 1.8 million in overages that carry over (Talbot and Byfield bonuses)

so they'll only have 85.9 mill to spend.

And they have 62.3 mill committed to 9 players (between kempe, kopitar, PLD, doughty, gavrikov, fiala, moore, danault,anderson+provorov retention)

They have a couple of guys still on ELCs/buriable deals that could contribute (englund, clarke laferrierre)

But overall, if you add markstrom, they will need to find a way to fill out 13 roster spots using 17.6 million dollars.

If they sign byfield long term to the 8 mill+ he'll garner, that leaves them an average of 800k each to fill out the remaining roster.

• Wow
Reactions: Bijelo

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
And they have 62.3 mill committed to 9 players (between kempe, kopitar, PLD, doughty, gavrikov, fiala, moore, danault,anderson+provorov retention)

But overall, if you add markstrom, they will need to find a way to fill out 13 roster spots using 17.6 million dollars.

Really right team building.

Talbot are better choice than the Swede.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Team building really right.

Talbot are better choice than the Swede.
Talbot and Rittich have been more than good enough for them.

Both are top 15 in the NHL in GSAx and overall in goaltending LAK has been top 5 in overall GSAx (per moneypuck).

4th in team save%
3rd in goals against

Reactions: go4hockey

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
Talbot and Rittich have been more than good enough for them.

Both are top 15 in the NHL in GSAx and overall in goaltending LAK has been top 5 in overall GSAx (per moneypuck).

4th in team save%
3rd in goals against

I knows Talbot as good goalie of 23-24.

Reactions: dgibb10

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Is it really that hard to believe that people have different preferences on where they would like to live? Do you think people are really as simple as “big city, warm weather…better than place that is not as populated and cooler on average”.

Personally, I’ve enjoyed my time in Southern California and also other warm climates, but it doesn’t feel like “home” because it’s not New England where I’ve lived most of my life. Not a slight to any other place…just not where I’m comfortable.

Yes.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Should packaged the 1st this year to get Hathaway.....right?

You can really tell who actually thinks about the shit they spew vs those who make shit up just cause
As a so-cal native, I would not classify LA as a “hot weathered city”. In fact, it’s about the only redeeming thing left here. The population of Canada…..spot on, along with homelessness and other crap.

Markstrom‘s home in Manhattan Beach, short trips to crypto would shield him from a lot of that.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Markstrom also better get himself together.

If he keeps up the skid he's on (negative GSAx, 0.879, 3.43 GAA over his last 9 games) through the end of the season, trade value certainly doesn't look anything close to what it did at the deadline

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
How much more/less money would he get after taxes in LA vs Calgary? That could definitely be a factor if the tax rates are very different.
Actually probably similar in California to Calgary.

Edit: Calgary about 2% less.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
How much more/less money would he get after taxes in LA vs Calgary? That could definitely be a factor if the tax rates are very different.
Pretty marginal. Also I believe he wanted to go to New Jersey?
1711310504792.png

NJ is just slightly less than Calgary.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
As a so-cal native, I would not classify LA as a “hot weathered city”. In fact, it’s about the only redeeming thing left here. The population of Canada…..spot on, along with homelessness and other crap.

Markstrom‘s home in Manhattan Beach, short trips to crypto would shield him from a lot of that.
Sure??

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
As a Kings fan, I don’t buy it. He’s not a significant upgrade over Talbot or Rittich at this point. And then taking into consideration the salary concerns I don’t think it’s a legitimate.

Reactions: JKG33 and go4hockey

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
It’s like they say:

When it’s 30 degrees in New York City, it’s 75 in LA

When it’s 100 degrees in New York City, it’s 75 in LA

There are millions of interesting people in NYC, there’s 75 in LA

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I agree w earlier post of travel. Getting later in the years and w family, it's alot easier doing east coast road trips than west coast ones. Could run a whole road trip on occasion and still go home sleep in his own bed and be with his family.

Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad