David Ullstrom

41 NHL games, 13 Pts. 5th PD Season. NHL Player

Mattias Tedenby

109 GP, 29 Pts. 5th PDS

Mikael Backlund

146 GP, 50 Pts. 6th PDS

Patrik Berglund

323 GP, 171 Pts. 7th PDS NHL Player
(Also drafted in this draft: Nick Backstrom)

Josefson has 3 more seasons before I lose hope in him.

Funny thing that I just happened to check today: Josefson's NHL statline is almost identical to Nick Bonino's (before this season started), who is currently the Ducks' second line center.

Not trying to make a comparison, just thought it was weird.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Berglund is the pick I'm most mad about. St Louis got him with our draft pick in 2006 in round 1. We got that corpse Matt Corrente with Carolina's number 30 pick.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
my question on JJ- is matteau honestly playing better than him right now (when he does play?) i would submit, no.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
my question on JJ- is matteau honestly playing better than him right now (when he does play?) i would submit, no.

Not IMO. JJ hasn't even been "bad" really. Just not finishing. It's the Zharkov syndrome. Do everything right, stand out because you keep creating chances for yourself, but get punished because you don't finish the chances you create for yourself.

It seems to most people it's better to not create any chances than to create a bunch and not finish them. This is a line of thinking I've never understood.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Not IMO. JJ hasn't even been "bad" really. Just not finishing. It's the Zharkov syndrome. Do everything right, stand out because you keep creating chances for yourself, but get punished because you don't finish the chances you create for yourself.

It seems to most people it's better to not create any chances than to create a bunch and not finish them. This is a line of thinking I've never understood.

Ya, other than that great play that Gionta finished, Yayo really hasn't had any of his nice plays turn into goals. I don't think he's cut out to be a goal scorer, unfortunately. But he'll still have to be a playmaker than he has been.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA

I kind of feel what you're saying. It's almost harder to deal with the tantalizing nature of someone like Josefson or Zharkov than the ho-hum, inferior play of normal fourth liners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad