GDT: Jackets @ Wings - Fri 12/9 @ 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nauzhror

Apr 4, 2014
Well they (helm/abby) won't contribute much more than sheahan and jurco...Its not like abby/helm make you better.

Helm has 7 points in 17 games. Would be paced for 34 points in a season. He's also +6, doesn't sound like Sheahan to me at all who is on pace for 15 points and is -10.

Helm, the team leader is +/- is not one of our liabilities this year, at all.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
This team was built to tread water, and with only elements of the team showing up on game day, they can't even tread water. When the forwards show up and score goals, there is no defensive/goaltending support, and when the goalie(s) are hot, our offense is so abysmal we can barely pull off a one-goal game.

At what point does the playoff streak become a pointless accolade? Is the assumption of ownership and management that ticket holders and fans of the team won't notice that the cupboard is being stocked with bargain-bin discounts, long-term loyalty signings and filler? That's certainly a dangerous game to play, as the deadwings era made patently clear. The Ilitches had to work their ***** off to put butts in seats at the Joe after fans of the team were force-fed an inferior product for so long.

Nauzhror

Apr 4, 2014
Howard wasn't out there to long, Mrazek back in. Now it's showing Howard.

Yeah, I noticed Howard faced 1 shot, and then was switched back for Mrazek. I thought it was weird, was worried he'd hurt something again, but then they switched back afterwards, so now I'm just confused, maybe pads on wrong or something.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
Helm has 7 points in 17 games. Would be paced for 34 points in a season. He's also +6, doesn't sound like Sheahan to me at all who is on pace for 15 points and is -10.

Helm, the team leader is +/- is not one of our liabilities this year, at all.

A lot of the problem is how players like Helm and Abdelkader are utilized/played in the line-up, as well as how they are valued. Helm can't score goals to save his soul, and Abdelkader would be a 3rd liner at best on a competitive team. Not to be too harsh on them, but they're pretty close to being one-trick-ponies, and the kind of term and salary they have been signed to harms this team in the long run.

If they were signed to sensible contracts and given roles on the team that fit their abilities, it would be much harder to say a bad word about them.

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
It's gonna be so great to watch a game where the whole team shows up. Goaltending, offence and defence all strong in the same game. Just imagine.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Next time Detroit plays Columbus I never want to hear about the Larkin/Werenski relationship ever again.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Our home record is unacceptable. What an embarrassing last year for the Joe. Disgusting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad