GDT: Jackets @ Wings - Fri 12/9 @ 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Glendening is a regular in our top 6. Brian Lashoff is playing over Ryan Sproul.

what a time to be alive.

Last edited:

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Haven't been able to watch much of the previous few games.... Why on earth is Lashoff playing? Are we trying to tank??

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Eh.

I'm almost always the kind of person who gives the smart coaching staff the benefit of the doubt. I'll usually say "if he wanted to play, he should earn it."

But with Sproul I'm dumbfounded. The kid has 5 points in 15 games on a team that desperately needs scoring help from defensemen. Lashoff has 13 points in 119 games.

That's 3 games per point vs 9 games per point. Holy ****.

I mean okay Sproul's +/- sucks right now but come on. He's a rookie on a ****** team. He needs to make mistakes to learn from them.

I don't even know anymore.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
Haven't been able to watch much of the previous few games.... Why on earth is Lashoff playing? Are we trying to tank??

We aren't doing a good job of tanking if so...considering we keep getting 2 points.

Wings win 5-4. Another OT.

Vanek, Vanek, Mantha, Green, and the OT hero is Larkin

Atkinson, Saad, Wennberg, Werenski

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Eh.

I'm almost always the kind of person who gives the smart coaching staff the benefit of the doubt. I'll usually say "if he wanted to play, he should earn it."

But with Sproul I'm dumbfounded. The kid has 5 points in 15 games on a team that desperately needs scoring help from defensemen. Lashoff has 13 points in 119 games.

I mean okay Sproul's +/- sucks right now but come on. He's a rookie on a ****** team. He needs to make mistakes to learn from them.

Amen.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Eh.

I don't even know anymore

I don't agree with it, but he is sticking with a lineup that has won its last two games. He isn't the first coach to do it and he won't be the last.

Again, I don't agree with it but it is hardly novel.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Tatar--Zetterberg-Mantha
Larkin-Nielsen-Glendening
Nyquist-Sheahan-Vanek
Milller-Ott-Jurco
Athanasiou skating.

Sit Miller/Ott, slide Sheahan in their spot and put AA with Nyquist and Vanek. Close to maximum lineup (considering the injuries).

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Glendening is a regular in our top 6. Brian Lashoff is playing over Ryan Sproul.

what a time to be alive.

Just to set the record straight:

Even with the recent spike, Glendenning is 10th among forwards in TOI/Game and 11th (among forwards) in Even Strength TOI/game.

The recent spike is a result of 4 other forwards being on IR. I'm really not concerned about his usage.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
AA returning is great news.

For as much flak as Marchenko takes he's -0. 100 NHL games total and will be 25 in a month. There is room for improvement and he's been solid for many games at a time.

Sproul got shafted having to play with Kronwall. Ouellet had the fortune of being thrown with Big E. If their roles were reversed XO would be the one sitting, guaranteed.

Sad to say but the time spent on Ouellet is a waste. He has a good heart, good IQ and decent ability, but that skating :facepalm:. Our Griffins fans have said it for years: XO is not an NHL player because of his skating.

Whoever's paired with Kronwall will inevitably fail. Sproul is bound to be back in soon.

Please Wings get some healthy bodies to take Glendeing off of Nielsen's line. I'd rather lose every game than witness this travesty. :doh:

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Playing Lashoff over Sproul is so short-sighted. I get the 'just winning' arguments, but they don't really make it less organizationally dumb.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Eh.

Yeah, Sproul sitting for Lashoff, Glendening on the 2nd line, Miller in the lineup. I've seen this kind of crap lineup enough for a while. I think I will watch "Gold Rush" instead.
Maybe Blashill should sit himself for a few games, he's made plenty of mistakes. Play the kid (Sproul)
Trade him, Waive him. Make up your mind, you've had literally years to decide.
I personally have lost faith in Blashill. While I was in Traverse city at training camp, watching a scrimmage with all the different prospects on 1 sheet of ice. Blashill is joking,laughing, and not paying attention at all. It made me believe there mind is already made up before the "competition" even started. You would think the Head coach would be interested in watching all these prospects playing against NHL players.:(
Couple that with nearly every player producing less under him the last 2 years. And he just doesn't look confident behind the bench. I was all for a coaching change, but have been mostly disappointed in Blashill.
Member,"Actual Thought" thought poorly of him early on. I'm thinking he was correct. Unfortunately.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Just to set the record straight:

Even with the recent spike, Glendenning is 10th among forwards in TOI/Game and 11th (among forwards) in Even Strength TOI/game.

The recent spike is a result of 4 other forwards being on IR. I'm really not concerned about his usage.

There's no reason Luke Glendening should ever be slotted above and/or getting more minutes than Nyquist and Vanek.... Ever.

Playing Lashoff over Sproul is so short-sighted. I get the 'just winning' arguments, but they don't really make it less organizationally dumb.

It's idiotic.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
There's no reason Luke Glendening should ever be slotted above and/or getting more minutes than Nyquist and Vanek.... Ever.

It's idiotic.

You have no clue what you're talking about. Do you even watch these games?

This team currently is suffering from more injuries than any other team in the league. You think Glendening is playing with Nielsen and Larkin because Blashill thinks it's a good idea? Between Ott, Miller, Jurco, Sheahan, and Glendening, who do you think is the best option for that line at wing? That's who he has to pick from right now for that line.

Glendening gets the most PK ice time of any forward on the team, which is why he continues to rack up minutes each game. The PK is currently ranked 9th overall in the league and is one of the main reasons this team still picks up wins.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
1. Put Sproul back in. He had a bad game and now he has an entire week to "watch" and "think" about how he's going to play? That's ****ing dumb. Not only is he going to be gripping his stick tightly when he returns, knowing that a benching of 1+ weeks is his penance for a bad game, but any longer and his timing is going to take a hit. Not to mention we're playing ****ing Lashoff in his place - not even using this time to give another youngster a chance. ****ing dumb in every way.

2. Why the hell is Glendening on a scoring line? Why? To add a defensive presence to a center who is, overall, a great defensive center already? To score some garbage goals like he hasn't all season? To give him more ice time to develop the talent that he doesn't have? This is like the ******* version of Abby playing on Datsyuk's wing (which was already the ******* version of Homer playing on a top line) and Abby actually had a history of skilled play in other leagues.

3. Why the **** is Sheahan centering what can be our most lethal line? Stop trying to dig this guy out of a hole by giving him skilled linemates. His raw skill is fine but he does not have the brain to put it to use. At this point, he needs to figure his game out without interloping between two skilled guys with chemistry.

This is what I would try for a while. If things aren't going well, try swapping Larkin and Nielsen. Other than that, keep it steady.

Larkin - Zetterberg - Mantha
Vanek - Nielsen - Nyquist
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco/AA
Miller/Jurco - Glen - Ott

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
You have no clue what you're talking about.

Cool. Tell me more about how 25 teams have a shot at the Cup every year.

Do you even watch these games?

Every single one.

You think Glendening is playing with Nielsen and Larkin because Blashill thinks it's a good idea? Between Ott, Miller, Jurco, Sheahan, and Glendening, who do you think is the best option for that line at wing?

Well... he's the one choosing to do this. So yeah... I kinda do.

Also you can configure the lines different ways where that is NOT your only choice. It's not like the lines are fixed, and that's the one slot you can substitute players.

Larkin - Zetterberg - Mantha
Vanek - Nielsen - Nyquist
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco/AA
Miller/Jurco - Glen - Ott

Kinda like this ^^. It's almost magic.

Last edited:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Actually looks like a decent forward group. Especially if you rewind Z's body about 5 years.

No Abby though.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
You can configure the lines so that's not the only choice, bud. And I watch every game.

Kinda like this ^^. It's almost magic.

Why to people identify Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco as a solution?

I fail to see how uniting three struggling players will do anything but further expose them. Its like putting a flat tire on a warped wheel with dead breaks and thinking the car will run smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad