GDT: Jackets @ Wings - Fri 12/9 @ 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huddy*

Aug 6, 2009
Bloomfield Hills, MI
this team is hot trash with luke/riley/marchenko/lashoff in the lineup.

its time riley be benched, marchenko stay upstairs for sproul.

as I'm writing this i see riley w vanek and nyquist, why....

hot trashillllllll

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
There's so much pointless gristle in this lineup, players like Sheahan, Jurco, Abdelkader or Helm are the blatantly obvious examples, but even players like Tatar and Nyquist aren't going to be able to contribute on their own so much as they will be reliant on other players making opportunities for them. This team desperately needs an injection of talent, and could really use more players that create offensive opportunities and control the pace of play.

The front office, and one man in particular, really needs to stop being overly fond/loyal of players and needs to start making hard decisions pertaining to trades, drafting, and free agent signings.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Mantha could have had 2+1. Would have been a different game. We actually played well in this one. Just poor goaltending and some lack of finish/bad luck offensively.

There's so much pointless gristle in this lineup, players like Sheahan, Jurco, Abdelkader or Helm are the blatantly obvious examples, but even players like Tatar and Nyquist aren't going to be able to contribute on their own so much as they will be reliant on other players making opportunities for them. This team desperately needs an injection of talent, and could really use more players that create offensive opportunities and control the pace of play.

The front office, and one man in particular, really needs to stop being overly fond/loyal of players and needs to start making hard decisions pertaining to trades, drafting, and free agent signings.
Don't compare Helm and Abby to the absolute non-factors that Jurco and Sheahan are at this point.

Geeve

Dec 6, 2016

They had a few small injections but they make one mistake then get a seat in the press box. Or get moved to the 4th line. How can you build any momentum.

Huddy*

Aug 6, 2009
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Mantha could have had 2+1. Would have been a different game. We actually played well in this one. Just poor goaltending and some lack of finish/bad luck offensively.

Don't compare Helm and Abby to the absolute non-factors that Jurco and Sheahan are at this point.

Well they (helm/abby) won't contribute much more than sheahan and jurco...Its not like abby/helm make you better. Like he said, this team needs an injection of new talent, and its about time our GM look into the mirror and stop being so loyal. Many of you are loyal to these goats as well, open your eyes and stop defending players who are marginal at best bc thats exactly what most of this team is outside of Z, Vanek, Larkin and now Mantha.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Helm was awesome between Vanek and Nyquist, he compliments them really well with his aggressive forecheck and he doesn't try to possess the puck too much.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Well they (helm/abby) won't contribute much more than sheahan and jurco...
I hate post-truth so much.

Two players with 8 goals and 15 points combined don't provide more than two players with 0 goals and 5 points combined (yes I know there's a GP difference but Jurco's pace is 0+0 so it's irrelevant).

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
After putting the kids to bed, I've caught up to live. Mrazek should take the blame for this one if the Wings can't pull it out. What a stupid, stupid play. I can't believe what he was doing there. Just dumb decisions all around.

2nd seemed a bit more even to me. And Sheahan really needs to sit. I understand scoring isn't what he's there for but Christ man, how about one? In 27 games?

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Goaltending's been the difference so far.

Have my doubts about them being able to even this one up, but I guess stranger things have happened.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
they have the chance to catch up. Literally everyone lost in the division. Come on hit the net.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
3 goal Mrazek showed up. What a surprise.
Guess I'm glad I ain't watchin this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad